Families of soldiers killed last week....

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Oct 8, 2013.

1. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +623
    Did you consider that a life insurance payment is subject to a process, like producing an actual death certificate (that can't be issued because the government is SHUT DOWN) so as a matter of course the govt has ALWAYS wired money immediately so families could pay for burials before the policy paid off, whether your values consider it a pittance or not?

You should really think twice before calling people stupid. Makes you look kind of .....stupid.
  2. philobeddoe

philobeddoe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +351
    It is clearly the failure of the American voter ..... We'll those that voted for a hate-filled, failed community organizer to be POTUS. This guy is so unqualified to be in the position. He possesses absolutely no leadership capability and in profoundly deficient in so many regards.
  3. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,482
    Nevermind, peruse my posts and I think you'll find I'm a fan of policy debates, not just partisan talking point slinging. Perhaps had I glanced at your signature earlier I would have realized I wasn't going to find that here.

The reason I think the shutdown fight was stupid? It's bad legislative strategy. There clearly was a path to getting significant things the GOP wants, and that clearly wasn't it. Hopefully there's the silver lining of marginalizing those who want to get into these pointless political fights rather than, you know, doing something, floating around out there, but we'll see on that front moving forward.

And regarding the shutdown not affecting anyone? The 83% of the government who are working are currently doing so in exchange for IOUs rather than pay. I'd consider that an effect. And WIC funding isn't getting distributed, that probably counts as an effect too. And really if the answer is that "it's not hurting anyone," 1) why the outrage over all these stories about things the government isn't currently doing and 2) perhaps more interestingly, why did the Tea Party think that something that "doesn't have any effect" gave them leverage to start with?
  4. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    OH, OK. I thought you were interested in the facts of the matter. My bad.
  5. philobeddoe

philobeddoe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +351
    Yes, the left has difficult with accepting "the facts of the matter". That is why I would never look to a leftist for facts or answers. Just looking at the last 5 years ..... And where we are today, one can clearly see the answers available from the left. Look at the MSM to see what sort of fact you'll get from the left.