failure of the obamacare website

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by g8orbill, Oct 14, 2013.

1. MtownGator

MtownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +413
    Went to healthcare.gov to see how far I could get --

made it about 50% of the way and then started playing with the numbers to see what they would offer me and then with different pay grades and different settings showing if I was married and with how many kids -- turns out -- since I have insurance through my company then I cant get any tax credits -- ok thats fine-
    The more kids and married I added the more money the government was going to give me. So after playing with the system for a while -- it seems that the more kids you have and the less you make - the more the government will take care of you - again-
    It has got to stop somewhere -- don't know where or when , but we just cant keep giving away America and then try to find a way to pay for it -
    Sooner or later - you either have the money to take care of your family or you don't .
    The US can't sustain this type of giving money away to those that don't contribute to the cause.
  2. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,588
    On the one hand we need children for our future. On the other hand we don't need children to be dependent on government largess all of their lives.
  3. corpgator

corpgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +792
    For those who couldn't get the links working I posted earlier, they are working now. Those are directly on BCBS's website, but the link was on healthcare.gov when I was looking at plans. All of the insurers have links back to their websites where you can view the plans. They offer different plans on their own sites at a higher price, which just seems disingenuous to me. Obviously, they are out to make as much money as possible, which is more than the economy can support since healthcare is driving our debt.

Even if women use more healthcare, they should pay the same. We need women for children. Making them pay more because they have a womb is silly.

My wife has a preexisting condition, so healthcare outside the exchanges is a no go.

Edit: I looked on ehealthinsurance and couldn't find anything cheaper and that's without factoring her preexisting condition. If someone can find one for a female born in 86 non-smoker with similar rates, deductible and out-of-pocket annual limit as the two BCBS ones, I'd definitely check them out.