Eye Gouge

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Gatorengy305, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Gatorengy305

Gatorengy305 Member

Ratings Received:
    +11
    I see noone is talking about the obvious attempt to gouge out Bobby Hart's eyes by Chickillo in the UM FSU game. By noone i'm referring of course to the media and NCAA.
  2. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,429
    The media protects criminals.
    Where have you been?
  3. Gatorengy305

Gatorengy305 Member

Ratings Received:
    +11
  4. phideltdj

phideltdj Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +833
    I agree...no one from ESPN calling for action or suspension...remember Spikes it was a major issue.
  5. GatorJeff

GatorJeff Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +9
    Makes Brandon Spikes look like Mother Theresa. No mention of it nationallly, of course.
  6. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,632
    Miami is irrelevant. Fsu has been irrelevant for a while too. (Though that is changing) Win a championship and these things tend to make their way to the front page. Strange how that works. The more you win, the bigger the microscope.
  7. Distant Gator

Distant Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +758
    I don't know about this incident but what was lost in the hatefest toward Spikes was 2 things...

1) It was more like an eye poke. STILL NOT RIGHT but ESPN purposefully never showed it at full speed because it didn't take long enough to do any damage. (Which is one reason the UGA player to his credit kept saying it was nothing.) ESPN showed it in slo-mo to make it look much worse than it was.

2) UGA was doing it to us, and to Spikes specifically. The game was stopped toward the end of the 1st quarter because Spikes had problems with his eyes. Why was this? The only explanation I can think of was that UGA players were doing the same thing. Tebow also seemed to have problems with his eyes. It was the only game I can remember our guys having so many eye problems. Wonder why.

Again- it doesn't make it right what Spikes did. But a full and fair discussion of the facts should have included both of the above points but they were never mentioned. Because the point of all this mess was to whip up anti-Gator feelings since we were the reigning champs and #1 team and had a QB who was a household name.
  8. mikechap93

mikechap93 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +42
    If spikes wanted to "gouge" the guys eyes out, he easily could have. He clearly was just aggravated and started to make mistake but stopped himself. Wrong move to begin with but it was definitely blown out of proportion