Everyone blaming the QB, coaches etc...how about fans stop making dumb predictions?

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by gator_chomp, Sep 7, 2013.

1. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +432
    The ESPN crew all picked us to win easily.
  2. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,484
    Ah yes, skilled enough to pick up a coughed up ball and skilled enough to be one of three opponents Jeff threw it to. In other words, at minimum freshman high school quality.
  3. gator_chomp

gator_chomp New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    what caused the coughed up ball? were our guys just running and happened to drop it? or were they hit hard enough to rattle the ball loose?

what caused the picks? was jeff not pressured and forced to make a throw into triple coverage by oncoming defenders? or did the ball just happen to magically land into the arms of miami defenders?

we got held to 16 points by a freshman high school quality defense, 6 of which came off a blocked punt. that's fantastic.
  4. orangeblueorangeblue

Ratings Received:
    +2,484
    My point is that's more an indication of our offensive woes than Miami's defense.

For reference, we put up more than we did against Toledo, ECU held FAU to about the same total yardage.
  5. gator_chomp

gator_chomp New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    i don't think it's what we didn't do, it's what they didn't allow us to do, if that makes sense. they sagged off our wideouts all game, which is why jeff was able to throw for nearly 300 yards. but they didn't allow us to get into the endzone aside from the late TD and the punk block
  6. bullish

bullish Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +130
    I guess the ESPN crew will be a little fearful picking the Gators the rest of the year.
    I was one of the few that also said this was a statement game for the Canes. They had everything to gain, home field, recruits in the stands, people overlooking them, a lot of our fans and most likely our team and coaches. Their QB looked a lot like Teddy B. Well he hooked up on our good defense. Even in the end they wanted more. We walked into, played into a trap by being conservative early. Wait till the other team gets up a few scores. Well, the damage was done and we fought but were not mentally ready. I didn't think we could screw up this much but as we saw, it was embarrassing..

We need to practice passing in the red zone till defenses quit loading the box. Two minute drills, clock management. Get pease down on the field. I hate seeing us looking at the sidelines and waiting for a consensus from the staff. Good offensive coordinators get their calls out quickly. We went into panic mode yesterday. LSU, Ga, Vandy, FSU and SC are looking for revenge. LSU, GA, SC are on the road, not good for the Gators.
    The time is short to getting better on offense.

Will likes to keep it close with conservative offense, he doesn't understand what a good passing game can give you. After Colt McCoy at Texas you would have thought that he knew it helps your team. We need to only practice passing till we don't look like Deer in Headlights when the game is on the line.! Guess what, it allows the running game bigger holes to run through. When I say practice just the passing game, also rotate the QB's so there is continuity when someone goes down.
  7. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,133
    If we played Miami again next weekend in Sun Life Stadium, I'd pick UF to whip them by 17 points again. They're not really that good, we just played that poorly.
  8. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,734
    We moved up and down the field on them. When our QB settles down and embraces the moment in the red zone, we'll be fine.
  9. orangeblueorangeblue

Ratings Received:
    +2,484
    No, it doesn't make any sense.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. gator_chomp

gator_chomp New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    Well, you're still convinced that we gave the game away and they didn't take it from us, so I wouldnt really expect you to understand.
  11. gator_chomp

gator_chomp New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    We've struggled to consistently put points up for about 3 years now and our QBs and WRs have been below-average to mediocre since stepping foot on campus you think those problems would magically be solved in a week?

They've got confidence they can beat us now and if we played again, we'd probably lose by more than we did yesterday.
  12. jaxgator1991

jaxgator1991 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +510
    how can you think that we didn't give the game away, they took away the jones fumble, great hit. but the burton fumble, no, driskel int's, no, driskels fumble...maybe but he has zero pocket awareness, oline can only block so long. but to outgain someone by 200 yrds and hold them to 70 yrds of offense over the last 45 mins of play and lose, that is giving a game away, plain and simple. go gators and hope we get the turnovers fixed asap
  13. Swamp_of_Gators

Swamp_of_Gators Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +482

Trey Burton had a first down, the defender wasn't trying to strip the ball, he made a wrap tackle and the ball got knocked lose on the way down. It was just one of those things that happens. Again, the defender made no effort to strip the ball, it was just an unfortunate chance event.

If Driskel throws the ball away, we get 3, if Burton doesn't fumble the ball, we get a minimum of 3, either way, we have the lead after that, and the way Florida's defense was playing after the first, we weren't going to lose it.
  14. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +17
    He is partially right. WM believes TOP equals points and winning football when in reality his style equals low scoring close games that are coin flips.