Even Techies see the truth about the ACA..

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by FlyingGatorII, Oct 10, 2013.

1. FlyingGatorII

FlyingGatorII Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +526
    [​IMG]

The exact cost to build Healthcare.gov, according to U.S. government records, appears to have been $634,320,919, which we paid to a company you probably never heard of: CGI Federal. The company originally won the contract back in 2011, but at that time, the cost was expected to run “up to” $93.7 million – still a chunk of change, but nothing near where it ended up.

This is why letting government run anything is a bad idea..

http://www.digitaltrends.com/opinion/obamacare-healthcare-gov-website-cost/
  2. g8trjax

g8trjax Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +322
    Yep, over spending other peoples money is their specialty.
  3. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,341
    This is the perfect example of government lies and waste... We need to stop this ACA from continuing to destroy our country. The government lies about the cost just to sucker the stupid/freeloader/illegals into this HUGE government tax.
  4. chemgator

chemgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +970
    Never fear, Obamacare will save the nation billions of dollars (Obama, 2010). After all, if we do not pass Obamacare, our economy will cease all functions (Obama, 2010).

Give me more money (Obama, 2013).
  5. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta

Ratings Received:
    +1,732
    The funny thing is there will be recurring monthly and yearly costs, so this already astronomical figure will only continue to rise.

I did a quick search but couldn't find any website anywhere near 600m. I could be wrong but this could be the most expensive and useless website ever made. And our government (in one way or another) is responsible... I'm shocked.... SHOCKED I tell ya.

Our government destroys anything they touch due to incompetence, greed and stupidity. Yet there are still die hard supporters out there who swear by their parties decisions..
  6. 95Gator

95Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,848
    I'm not saying it's not true. But with minor research, your link to "Digital Trends" is what all of a bunch of other nothing periodicals are siting. Digital Trends already has an update on their site saying the numbers they posted were wrong and scaled it back to a still ridiculous number.

Anyway, I could not find one reputable source that said this. Just non-reps quoting that site.

I did find a Fox News link (from yesterday) that called it 93 mill.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/10...ebsite-may-face-months-glitches-experts-warn/

Now, I could be wrong, but I would think Fox News would LOVE to post the REAL cost of 500+ mill if they could.
  7. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +503
    I worked for a large consulting firm and designed dozens of enterprise client server applications and $93 million is ridiculous. Maybe everything I have ever worked on might have exceeded that number and 2 of the ones I worked on were a group enrollment system for BCBS and another a massive financial application for credit unions with nearly 200 million client records. Taxpayers got royally hosed on ACA software. Imagine what the real bill will be for ACA. BTW, California spent nearly $250 Million on their ACA site.
  8. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +503
  9. northgagator

northgagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +110
    Classy rebuttal # 95
    • Like Like x 1
  10. fairfaxgator

fairfaxgator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    Man y'all must have forgotten about companies such as Haliburton.
  11. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    Why wasn't this outsourced to Amazon, Ebay, Facebook or one of the "big data" companies? Perhaps CGI Federal is owned by another "obama" bundler? Ya think?
  12. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +4,341
    It's impossible to hide all of their less than Constructional activities when you're open to public scrutiny. Commies live by this rule and get away with it all the time. This is straight out of Stalin/Sal Alinsky/Putin's rule book. Sal Alinsky is Chicago's greatest communist son... of a bi!@h.
  13. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +145
    A couple of comments.

First, the bugs in the system will almost certainly be corrected well before Obamacare is implemented in 2014.

FCW: The Business of Federal Tecnology

Also, let's not forget that we're dealing with an extremely complex system.

From the same article
    Anyone remember the roll out of Medicare Part D, the prescription drug benefit?
    From 2006
    New England Journal of Medicine

From 2013

link

Just a guess, but the biggest problem among the tea party types may not be that Obamacare will end up as an unmitigated failure, but rather that it could be a popular success. Perhaps the ultimate irony is that the Republicans may have had a real shot at delaying implementation of Obamacare through separate legislation based on public perception of the website problems had they created the political circus of the government shutdown.
  14. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +4,341
    Comparing the "Medicare part D" to this Obama-scam/tax is like comparing a mortgage payment to the national debt.
  15. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta

Ratings Received:
    +1,732
    No matter how complex the system may be, the problems here are caused by amateur web developers. These same developers are being asked to fix the system, not a good idea.

Along the same lines, there shouldn't be any reason this site should be anywhere near 90 million, much less 600 or even 500 million.