Erving Walker, Italy 2012/2013

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by NorthCaptivaGator, Jul 27, 2013.

1. BigCroc

BigCroc Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +231
    Ok - so a feel-good thread about the post UF accomplishments of a Gator player has been completely hijacked by folks who feel they need to slam the player for some unknown reason and raise an argument regarding whether a present player is better or worse than the former player.

Give your ego a rest (you know who you are) - you have your opinion which has been expressed and duly noted.

Great to hear Walker is doing well.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Brewski

Brewski Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +175
    Also glad to hear Erv is doing well. The bashing of him seems unjustified and strangely out of place.
  3. madgator

madgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +403

Please read the thread.....it certainly wasn't hyjacked. I was called into it specifically. a few times I have even tried to end it by agreeing that I hope Walker plays well and has as long lucrative career.
  4. madgator

Ratings Received:
    +403
    that's complete and utter garbage.

the lollipop guild bashes players around here on a regular basis (Tyus, Werner, Parsons, Young, Wilbekin to name a few) and that is completely ok.....

but say one thing about EW and they react like you slept with their mother and kicked their dog on the way out of the door.

people have also come on here and written out excellent criticisms of EW WITH VIDEO to illustrate exactly what the issues were. It was probably one of the best posts that has ever been written in gatorcountry regardless of forum. as it was not attacking personally, it was thorough and completely spelling out the specific issues in EW's decision making.

THAT GUY WAS ABUSED MERCILESSLY! 1 post and he has never posted again.....and there have been several others who have stopped posting because of this one clique of think-alikes that gang up like a band of hissing children.

I never had a "hate" for the kid, I hated his approach to the game of basketball. I think he was over and mis-used. Since this opinion is in the out of bounds area....I am attacked regardless of what I say.

it's ok......I find the little people amusing.
  5. DuPontGator

DuPontGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +77
    I'm convinced walker hooked up with your significant other...
  6. twodaparty

twodaparty Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +103
    Or that he was jacked in the face and destroyed by a dude EW's size back in high school..therefore hates all short people. EW probably didn't actually sleep with his wife, he is just one of those shorties he despises! I think I nailed it..
  7. Jonas

Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +360
    What a bunch of bullshit. Why are you making this false equivalency? If someone bashed Tyus, I would be on his case. If someone bashed Werner, I would defend. So don't make up this bullshit that every other gator player is allowed to be bashed except for Walker. Please name the posters that would bash other players but not Walker.

Maybe you don't hate him, but you just can't let it go.

Also, link to that thread? Sounds interesting but I have a feeling you are completely misrepresenting what happened. Prove me wrong.
  8. lenn9o9n

lenn9o9n Member

Ratings Received:
    +2
    thank you for posting this!

definitely one of my favorite gators in 20 years of watching gator bball
  9. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops Guest VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +835
    I have said this to you before, but it is worth repeating. . .

You have made the mistake of defining yourself with this discussion. At one time, it had consumed most, if not all, of your basketball related posts. And your zeal went overboard at times when you seemed to relish in poor games by Erv --- leaving little smiling, waving emoticons.

I have no problem with your general opinion, though I have debated Erv being far more than a "zero sum" player. But your persistence is what has undermined you....suggesting some sort of agenda.
  10. madgator

Ratings Received:
    +403

I'm going to find that thread I had mentioned about the guy who broke Walkers issues down with video....I think it was the guys either first post or one of his firsts...thing was like 2-3 years ago so it may take some time.....but it will show the instant and rabid response that the guild has.
  11. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops Guest VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +835
    So you are going to show me a post of a guy who seemingly signed onto NBN for the sole purpose of demonstrating Erv's flaws and dedicated his lone post to doing so.
    And this will somehow prove your point.

Ok.
  12. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,812
    Surely, it was someone new to the board, not someone who opened a second account so as to give the impression of objectivity.
  13. NorthCaptivaGator

NorthCaptivaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +255
    i remember that post, it was a good post and a good video analysis. It led to good discussion until you jumped in and tried to cite it as "proof" that you were right all along that Walker was "zero sum" which was not the conclusion of the video analysis at all. That is when gator fans started back at YOU, not the original poster, in defense of Erv. We all recognize that Erv had flaws and limitations but most of us also recognize that he was by far our best option at the time and a great Gator. Go ahead, search it up.
  14. twodaparty

twodaparty Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +103
    Or it was him who created a second account. Then went back to his original account to back himself up.
  15. wci347

wci347 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +307
    Boynton was the primary reason why our team could not get past the Elite 8 these past few years. Some call it leadership. I call it having a big game when you need to have it. As a former trial lawyer, I know the feeling of a big game atmosphere. In a trial environment, you don't get do overs or mulligans. The theater is dynamic and evolving much like a sports contest. Boynton never stepped up in any one of those games - Butler, Louisville or Michigan. I loved his heart, but those three performances perhaps more than anything else, cost him a spot in the draft.
  16. madgator

Ratings Received:
    +403

Yes it was an excellent post......very fair and well presented. However the post was attacked right from the start. There was no discussion, just attacks. That's why the guy never posted again after that. If everyone was attacking me, then why would that guy never make another appearance on this thread ever since?

as for the claim that "someone opened a second account" believe what you want but I really don't care that much to take the time to do it and when you think about it. Why would I not just say it under my account? I've had this account since the scout days (probably over 10 years now) and if I had something to say, I would just say it here.

I've got some free time today....I'll look for it some more today