Erving Walker, Italy 2012/2013

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by NorthCaptivaGator, Jul 27, 2013.

1. NorthCaptivaGator

NorthCaptivaGator Well-Known Member

2. Bullis33

Bullis33 VIP Member VIP Member

Nice find....always loved his toughness, swagger and long range shooting...a very unappreciated Gator
  3. 108

108 Premium Member

Wonder how much he is making?
  4. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

He plays better in yellow.
  5. twodaparty

twodaparty Well-Known Member

More than 99% of the posters on nbn..Except MadGator of course who is a zero sum poster, but baller outside of the cyberspace world!!
  6. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Alex Tyus is making about $260k in the Euroleague so I'd assume something less than that since Walker is in the level just below Tyus.
  7. dawny

dawny Premium Member

Glad Erving is doing great,thank you for the post.
  8. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Is that all that Nick made in Greece?
  9. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Wiki says he signed for 2.4 million euros over three years, so no. I don't know how much Nick is making in Russia now though.
  10. madgator

madgator Well-Known Member

interesting how guys are flourishing in their professional careers once they have a real point guard working with them

and the fact that last season our team despite losing such vital leadership and scoring produced from said "underappreciated" player. produced the exact same season results while at the same time improving both offensive and defensive efficiency without having an uber talent like Brad Beal to fall back on.

so in total we had a weaker roster playing better basketball at what was essentially their maximum potential output while at the same time past players are showing talents and abilities that were never expressed or utilized during their time at UF.....

and yet.....with all of the evidence supporting basically everything I've ever said about the "underappreciated" player. There are those that will continue to call me out. Go figure
  11. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Wow. Just wow. Let it go, dude.
    regurgigator likes this.
  12. NorthCaptivaGator

Boynton suffered in absence of Walker, nobody emerged to compensate for the loss of Beal and our three point shooters disappeared in the tourney, We got crushed in the Elite 8 game, lack of leadership was evident, and now his replacement is suspended for the second time in two seasons as starting pg, Walker had his issues but he was missed last year,

and, who called you out?
  13. keypox

keypox Active Member

14. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Probably his conscience.
  15. madgator

see post #5

as for Boynton. He really just went back to being Boynton. The unreal start he had the two seasons ago (11 of 14 games shooting over 50% FG) for the first 2 months was the exception and not the norm.

The balance of his stats from that junior season were pretty much the same as his stats from his senior season and any "struggles" he might've had would probably be more attributed to the fact that 1. He never really improved his game and was well scouted out 2. the fact that for the first time in career he didn't have an NBA all-star caliber co-wingman. 3. the fact that we had no real viable offensive weapons down low. which of course would permit teams to focus on KB as the main offensive threat. When in reality he isn't that kind of player.

Tough to blame the PG situation as the source of KBs problems when a team with far weaker offensively capable players were producing efficiency numbers greater than the prior years with teams of greater talent.
  16. twodaparty

LOL
  17. twodaparty

I love Scotty but he doesn't yet have the leadership and intangibles that EW did and until he does or Hill takes over, we aren't getting back to a Final Four. IMO if Walker is on last year's team we win it all. KB would have had a much better senior season with less pressure on him to score if he and EW were in the same class. Madgator can't handle that and will defend anyone and make excuses to bash EW.
  18. madgator

I don't bash EW on any random basis....

I can agree that we needed another perimeter threat but as I pointed out for years and was validated last season, that EW was a much greater defensive liability than most figured.

Fact is that last year our team produced more with less. The team was extremely flawed on many levels and reached their maximum potential.

can't say that about the two years prior and I put a good percentage of that blame on the mis/over use of EW.

did I miss something cause I don't remember making any Final 4s with EW at point guard.....I remember blowing two opportunities because of bad offense and perimeter defense. But to knock SW for not doing something that EW never did when EW had better teams....that exposes the level of spin the pro-EW crowd will go to confirm their opinion.
  19. NorthCaptivaGator

Fact is the guy you heavily promoted to replace Erv, the guy you bashed the coaches for not playing more, even to the point of accusing Billy of playing favorites to the detriment of the team is sitting out his second suspension in the same number if years, the reasons Erv was never supplanted at the point are now self evident.

Regardless, I started this thread to give gator fans an update on a guy who gave his all for four years at the U of F, two of which were among the best years in gator BB history, not to argue more about him with you.
  20. flwgator2

flwgator2 Well-Known Member

Wilbekin isn't the reason why we lost to Michigan. Our best 3 point shooter was in a cold streak all weekend, and Michigan shot out of their minds.