EPA sued over Alaskan Gold Mine

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by g8orbill, Jul 25, 2014.

1. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,952
    Or "don't be mad at truth". The EPA's current enviro-Luddite, no-growth strategy could have been lifted straight from his stuff.
  2. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +9,283

from the article:

Pebble officials argue their economic assessment was not a mine plan and included none of the extensive mitigation program.

“It was an imaginary mine the EPA invented,” said Washington Examiner columnist Ron Arnold, who has written extensively on Pebble Mine. “You can’t respect anything the EPA says.”
  3. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,821
    Well, if a rightwing columnist says you can't believe the EPA, I guess that about wraps it up.
  4. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,152
    Just because he's a rightwing columnist doesn't mean he's A) A flat-out liar or B) Simply wrong, one's political affiliation does not dictate their ability to be truthful. He could be biased, sure, just the like the EPA could be biased. At least attempt to see both sides.
  5. rivergator

Ratings Received:
    +1,821
    It's an opinion. Why should I care what he thinks? I mean, if some liberal columnist says "Hey, Republicans always lie" are you going to give that honest, reasonable consideration? "Hmm, let me think about that and see if he's right ...."

I mean, think about it Tim. On one side, I'm saying we don't know who's right. On the other, we've got conservatives saying the EPA is wrong.
    And you're lecturing me about seeing both sides?
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. philobeddoe

philobeddoe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +383
    So you mean a productive business person?
  7. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,952
    Shorter version is that "navigability" is more or less irrelevant nowadays to whether or not the federal government will consider waters navigable and regulate them.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. wcj786

wcj786 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +181
    There are few liberal columnists that DON'T continually state that premise. For that matter, there are few JOURNALISTS that DON'T continually state that in their articles. Almost every person in the MSM attempts to imply that "Republicans always lie", even when the opposite is usually the case.

Case in point, the MSM continually blames the Republican-held House for the gridlock and acrimony in DC, but the truth is that the Senate rarely even allows a bill passed by the House to reach the Senate floor for voting. One, because Harry Reid knows that many of those bills would get passed and it would force the President to either veto or cave into a more conservative stance.

So, instead of bringing the House bills to the Senate floor for a vote, Harry and the Democrat apparatus use the MSM to perpetuate the lie that it is the Republicans that refuse to compromise and work with the other side.

And, this is just one example in a plethora of them. Why don't the MSM start jumping all over Harry and the Senate for refusing to bring those House bills to a vote? Seems like it is Harry and the Senate that is the ones refusing to even attempt to work with the House. If the Senate wanted, they could do the exact same thing they did with the ACA, gut the House version and completely modify it, pass it, then send it back to the House for ratification. But, that would show the Democrats to be the one's who were at fault in Congress. So, instead, they use their mouthpieces, the MSM, to deliberately perpetuate lies to the American people, so that they can claim it is all the Republican's fault.

By the way, the MSM is defined, in my definition, as pretty much any news organization EXCEPT Fox. While Fox has many partisans for the Republicans on it, the ones who deliver the actual news are "fair and balanced". The commentary shows are definitely right of center, though. And, in some cases, far right of center (i.e. Hannity).
  9. wcj786

wcj786 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +181
    Also, the EPA can define any stretch of land "wetlands". They have already done this in Florida numerous times. Some of these times in areas that have no standing or running water within 5 miles. They used this as a way to stop builders from building, a subdivision I believe it was, in an area.
  10. rivergator

Ratings Received:
    +1,821
    interesting subject matter in which to insert a complete and obvious falsehood.
  11. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +9,283

river the only thing you care about in my opinion is carrying water for obama so we are a perfect match-as all I care about is bringing obama down
  12. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,607
    That might be Florida DEP you're thinking of.

EPA has only used the 404(c) veto something like 13 times ever, and 2 of them are in Florida (both in the 80s). They were to reject a rockplowing project to prepare farmland in the Everglades, and to reject a dredge-fill project that proposed to use garbage as a fill material to build a golf course alongside a mangrove bed near North Miami.
  13. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,152
    I'm not lecturing anyone. I didn't see you once say "I don't know who's right" and I didn't see you even hint or insinuate that's how you felt. Sure, it's an opinion - and his opinion isn't anything close to an egregious statement like, "Hey, Liberals lie..." so why even compare it to something like that? Look at the context, he's saying you can't respect anything the EPA says in regards to this topic because they haven't even received finalized plans yet, and while I'm not picking a side - as I said in my first post, I don't know yet really whether the EPA has overstepped their bounds or not, it's hard to know just how informed the EPA's opinion could be in regards to this specific business when, as I said, they haven't even received the plans for it yet. It seems like it could potentially be a case where the EPA is trying to veto it before they even know how much damage it could actually cause to the environment, which would, in my opinion, suggest politicization or overstepping.
  14. rivergator

Ratings Received:
    +1,821
    first page:
  15. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,152
    Didn't see that, I think my other points still stand however
  16. wgbgator

wgbgator Sub-optimal Poster Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,607
    I hear there are states now that you can make this match "official." Also, I think polygamy is cool in Utah now, so even being married to someone else is no obstacle for your love.
  17. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +9,283
    I am not a homo wgb and I do not think river is either, so I doubt that would work
  18. wgbgator

wgbgator Sub-optimal Poster Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,607
    So maybe its just a bromance then?
  19. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +9,283
    toohottamance:p
  20. fastsix

fastsix Well-Known Member