1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

Eli Carter

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by gator_gary, Aug 7, 2013.

1. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +415
    I know a lot of former players too...
  2. ETGator1

ETGator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +216
    I don't know anyone, but please do keep the information coming.
  3. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,159
    yeah, I don't care about who has more posts, who has more internet-manliness, or any of that junk -- as long as the info keeps coming. I appreciate it from anyone and everyone that appears to have relevant information to give.
  4. jshaas

jshaas VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3
    I'll tell you why.. cause most of these clowns who sunshine pump and think they know inside info get pissed when we call them out.. hey I can be 50% right 50% of the time with a guess like most do on here.. just cause Gary has his opinions leave him alone.. Dude is entitled and can say what he wants with out being called a troll.. which is a little old and 2008..
  5. ETGator1

ETGator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +216
    I can say this with 100% certainty. NBN is the best basketball board around. I've been an insider and an outsider so I can say this from personal experience. It's not that way on the football or recruiting boards where information is slower and often wrong, but it is here. There are quite a few people that post good information here and there is good board traffic leading up to and through the season, both Gators and others.
  6. GatorLurker

GatorLurker Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +453
    I know several former players and one current one and I have NEVER asked them about inside information.

Some stuff needs to stay in the locker room.
  7. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,134
    What insults are you talking about?
  8. ufla5220

ufla5220 Editor & Reporter

Ratings Received:
    +1,785
    Osiris is connected. Take that for what it's worth.
  9. gator_gary

gator_gary VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +75
    I'm not going to go back and read what they wrote. The insults don't bother me, it's their constant posting about how much they know and how connected they are. It's fine if those two don't agree with what I'm saying, but spare me the garbage about their connections.
  10. ufla5220

Ratings Received:
    +1,785
    I don't have a clue what they say here since I haven't been on this board in three years, but it's not garbage about Osiris being connected. He is. Again, take it for what it's worth.
  11. gator_gary

gator_gary VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +75
    Go read about how he chooses to tell us about his connections and who he knows.
  12. ufla5220

Ratings Received:
    +1,785
    I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you. If you wish to get in the last word, then so be it. These boards are about information. Osiris has accurate information. Again, take that for what it's worth. I don't think I need to say anymore.
  13. gator_gary

gator_gary VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +75
    No need to get angry friend. I hope he does have great and accurate information. Furthermore I hope he shares it with us. I just hope he tones down the chest beating. He can call me a joke or troll, but telling me how connected he is and about how many players he knows is absurd.
  14. tampajack1

tampajack1 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +396
    If I am one of the 2 you are referring to, I have no connections and never said that I have any connections. My problem with you, Gary, relates to some of your immature/inaccurate/obnoxious posts of the last few days, including your post above. First, you started posting about the apathy of our fan base with a focus on our less than half-full attendance. When called out on the inaccuracy of your statement, you changed it to pre-conference game attendance being less than half full. The truth, of course, is that we had a few pre-conference games and an exhibition game at which the arena might have been less than half full. You then suggested to me personally that I should attend pre-conference games before making statements about attendance. At some point you started ranting about paid subscribers believing that they had the right to put down posters who were not paid subscribers. So, I don't really see how you can expect other posters to treat you with much civility. Post with civility and others will treat you with civility.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. gator_gary

gator_gary VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +75
    If you think you are a part of the apathetic fan base that I'm referring to, then maybe you should get mad. I imagine you are not. Our attendance is not good. That is my opinion. You think it is good. That is your opinion. I see what I see. You see what you see. Apparently you have taken offense to my position that we have horrible attendance.
  16. gator_gary

gator_gary VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +75
    What has been so inaccurate about my posts? The fact that I put the metro population for Gainesville? Wow, I misread something, big deal. And yes the attendance for non conference games was atrocious, and the attendance for the sec games was better, but in the grand scheme of things still bad. So what is your point?
  17. g8rvet

g8rvet Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +507
    I hung out with someone a couple of weekends back that is about as "connected" as you can get. Never asked a single question. just talked. never even occurred to me to ask. What's with all the chest thumping and pee pee measuring? Just share the info if you feel like it, we all love the Gators. Right?
  18. Osiris_DPM

Osiris_DPM Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +866
    The only reason I have made any comments about knowing anything was to respond to these nonsensical posts about our attendance being the cause of our recruiting being "headed in the wrong direction," and that we can't land any top prospects. In response, I admittedly acknowledged that I was in the locker room after several games last year and Billy, Foley, and recruits were excited about the crowd energy. I also responded to the doom & gloom recruiting complaint by explaining the change in recruiting strategy by stating that the Elite Camp I was going to bring a top 10 recruit to was canceled, and Billy decided to use that time to personally visit the recruits with Christine instead. If people want to call that chest thumping & taking info from the insider board, whatever.

I'll tell you one thing...this is the last time I will post anything of the sort on these boards
  19. gator_gary

gator_gary VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +75
    Besides that, you Tampa, and Osiris are the only two I've had problems with here. Everyone else is civil.
  20. gator_gary

gator_gary VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +75
    You have a right to get info from the insider board. I never said you take info from the insider board. I'm sure you provide a lot of the info on the insider board. That is good of you to do and a very nice of you to do. I'm sure a lot of people here respect you for that. I respect the fact that you are willing to share info and am thankful you are willing. I have read your posts for many years. The only thing I don't like is you telling how many players you know and how close you are with the program to denigrate my posts. I wouldn't say such to you, to try and make a point. Enough arguing, I apologize for pissing you off. Lets get back to talking recruiting. This is a big time of the year.