Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'Gator Bytes' started by GatorFan89, Nov 4, 2011.

1. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +347
    No worries, I am just messing around. I am not a console fan boy at all. I have had both 360 and PS3 for a long time. Heck going back to NES days I had both a Genesis and a Nintendo. And I still have a 360, just circumstances have led to it being out of my grasp at the moment. I relocated back in April and because of my job I put my things in storage for what was supposed to be a short time. However, I traveled so much that I never had a chance to settle in and ended up out west in a furnished place. At the time I moved I took my PS3 because it was also my blu ray player and I figured I would be back to get the rest of my stuff before this became an issue.

Truth is I would rather get this game on XBOX as I dont think I have ever played an RPG on PS3. Oblivion, both of the recent Fallouts and Mass Effect were all 360 for me. Still, not sure I want to drop a couple hundred bucks just because I can when I could just as easily pay $60 and still get the game I want.
  2. Ericgraves

Ericgraves New Member

Ratings Received:
    +3
    Can any fan of RPGs amongst us deny the fact that we are on the eve of the release of a truly remarkable game? In the future we will look back on this game the way we look back on final fantasy 7 or chrono trigger.
  3. GatorFan89

GatorFan89 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +9
    Some reviews are saying it is the best game of this generation of consoles, and honestly, I don't doubt that. I CAN'T F**KING WAIT! Only 10 more hours!
  4. GatorFan89

GatorFan89 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +9
  5. Ericgraves

Ericgraves New Member

Ratings Received:
    +3
    Negative eight hours!
  6. GatorFan89

GatorFan89 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +9
    I played it for an hour last night, really, really enjoyed it. I did spend like 20 mins making my character though lol. The game is amazing, though. The graphics honestly aren't that good, but the gameplay is amazing, bar none one of the best games I've played, and I can confidently say that after only playing it for an hour.
  7. jcp

jcp VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +324
    Now, that statement really surprises me.

I do love my 360 and that is where I will be playing Skyrim... But in all honesty RPG's usually play way better on a PC... And I am not talking about graphics only; I am talking about controls, interaction options, inventory management, etc.

So if the 360 version is superior... Hey, I am all for it! :D
  8. jcp

jcp VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +324
    UPS just delivered my copy here at work. :D

Aghhh, now just 4 hours to go home... AGGGHHHH!!!!!
  9. Ericgraves

Ericgraves New Member

Ratings Received:
    +3
    The 360 version controls better. This game was designed for the 360. The pc version controls aren't well thought out.
  10. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,066
    Playing Battlefield right now. What's next is a toss up: uncharted or Skyrum. I think I might get uncharted, since I know Skyrum is going to be a looooooong game. I like playing one at a time. Especially with games like Skyrum.
  11. gatorr4life

Ratings Received:
    +1,066
  12. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +347
    Had to make the same decision and went with uncharted. Only been playing for a few days and I'm hooked. Ill probably finish it this weekend and then move on to skyrim which will probably own my life until its warm again.
  13. gatorr4life

Ratings Received:
    +1,066
    I just checked, it's 95.
  14. gatorr4life

Ratings Received:
    +1,066
    Well, I'm going to be on battlefield for at least another month and 1/2. (platinum) Dont think I can hold out that long, though. I'm a HUGE fan of uncharted. This is going to drive me nuts!
  15. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +347
    Yeah it's incredible the games out right now. Finished arkham city earlier this week and have battlefield 3 but I'm gonna trade it in for skyrim. I am just not big on fps and I suck at them way too much to do the multiplayer.

Uncharted is the reason I bought my ps3 in the first place and the sequels do not disappoint.
  16. gatorr4life

Ratings Received:
    +1,066
    Uncharted 2 is one the greatest games I have ever played... PERIOD. just flat incredible. But enough with the hijacking of this thread! Lol
  17. Crono139

Crono139 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +68
  18. Ericgraves

Ericgraves New Member

Ratings Received:
    +3
    Finally got my game.

It lives up to the hype.
  19. GatorFan89

GatorFan89 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +9
    Wow, lol.

Also, just a warning, don't kill chickens in this game. I've heard of people killing chickens then getting chased out by an entire town because it turns out the chicken belonged to somebody.

I've played this game for probably 6 hours today, which is a lot for me. I never play games for longer than 2 hours at a time, Skyrim has me HOOKED! Game of the year, easily. Last time I played a game for more than 6 hours in a day was Fallout 3 the day it came out. Skyrim might surpass that. There's been so many times today where I was like OK, I've been playing too much video games today, I'm going to go find something else to do, and then I'm like, well, I guess another hour won't hurt. I did that like 3 times lol.

As for the game, playing as an Imperial, I always play as them. I'm a level 6 I think right now. Usually I just stick to swords and shields, nothing else, in every one of the TES games. This time, since there's no more class system, everything you do levels you up, which is nice. I'm using magic a lot more. Destruction has specifically saved my ass many times. I don't think I ever used a healing spell once in Morrowind or Oblivion, but I've used it at least 3 times today. Like I said, magic has saved my ass a few times today, I've been in situations where my sword/shield just won't help me unless I throw in some fire/lightning.

This game is like Morrowind more than Oblivion, it is absolutely brutal. Enemies are leveled differently from the start, so some areas have high leveled enemies and you can't go there until you're a higher level. I walked into a camp with some giants in it, one of them looked like he wasn't happy I was there, so I peaced the f**k out knowing I wasn't going to stand a chance against him if he got angry.

I love the executions/finishers. They are so cool to see and make you feel badass, my favorite is the superman stab, where your character lunges into the air with the sword and drives it through their chest.

Also, I haven't seen any dragons yet, aside from Alduin who you see in the beginning of the game. I'm guessing they don't show up until you start the main quest, like how the Oblivion Gates were in Oblivion? Either that or I just happened to be lucky and not fight one yet, and honestly I probably would get my ass whacked if I fought one anyways.
  20. Ericgraves

Ericgraves New Member

Ratings Received:
    +3
    Spoilers...

The dragons are a lie.

Wait, wrong game. The dragons can easily swoop in and lay down the law. One of their fire attacks put me out to pasture in a few seconds.