Early Risers Thread....

Discussion in 'The GatorTail Pub' started by vanders, Dec 6, 2008.

1. vertigo0923

vertigo0923 night owl mod VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,872
    good grief, it's sunrise again. my 'bedtime' is getting ridiculous.
    gooooooooooooooooood morning, everyone!
    have a great friday, and the rest of the weekend.
    hot and muggy here......have a weekend planned (staying inside..with the a/c)to do more interior painting..living room and hallway.
  2. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +4,872
    wow, has it been that long?
    time sure gallops along, doesn't it?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +7,752
    might have been even longer verti- the big pub blowup happened in 05
  4. gatorjjh

gatorjjh BS Jm, UF Class of '69 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +9,101
    Skip drops in from time to time but V is MIA, wish that would change and that both would resume their regular status.......
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +4,872
    whew. just finished. will put everything back in place tomorrow. like so many people, we had earth tone furniture. i wanted to 'freshen the look' a little, so did the walls light blue.

sort of like these. i really like it. added a blue recliner too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +7,752
    major thunder storm comes thru and zaps my house - took out some of my electronic equipment - I spend all that money trying to lightening proof my home and still get zapped
  7. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +7,752
    painting and room looks nice verti- we spent last 2 weeks putting in wood flooring and painting - we are painting all the doors and baseboards with a high gloss oil based enamel- looks great but the smell is a killed for my allergies
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. gatorjjh

Ratings Received:
    +9,101
    Terrific job Verti love the affect of the light blue and dark furniture, sorry to hear you lost stuff to the lightening god Bill all the lightening proofing in the world won't be effective if the weather is set up to visit your roof.
  9. mamag8ter

mamag8ter VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,646
    I do miss your package Strike! I was MIA yesterday. V has not posted much in a long time. She was my mentor to post in the Pub after becoming frustrated in the Den. The Guys don't intimidate me anymore.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +4,872
    when we moved in, there was this wall to wall light beige carpeting. it was new, and i'm guessing they thought they needed it to sell the house. underneath was beautiful wood flooring. who covers that???????? so, we eventually pulled up the carpet, polished the wood, and haven't looked back. it's easier to clean, and doesn't 'collect' the stuff carpet collects, much better for my allergies. i vacuumed a LOT, but when we pulled up the carpet....aaaaRRRRggghh!!! awful.
    just use a swiffer to sweep/dust floors now, and the swiffer wet-jet (orange bottle) for wood floors. easier on the body, lol.
    fixing to paint the hallway now, so i can re-hang the 'family picture gallery'....
  11. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +4,872
    she was mine too. she was the one that got me over nervousness, to post in the pub. (yep, me nervous...lol) i only posted on the 'song title thread' til she convinced me to post!
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +4,872
    we've been lucky with that. recently an apartment building..only two stories high...was struck with lightning, and 5 apartment units were burnt. no injuries. everyone got out. and we've got these prehistoric (haha..close though...)trees at least 3, maybe more, stories high. this is an old neighborhood. house built in '49. (it's what i wanted, having grown up in 'ranch style' houses, terrazzo floors, you know...)
    and my grandparents and his grandparents had the older homes with wood floors and old fashioned crown molding, two levels...so i wanted that.
    one thing to keep in mind when you do that, haha, plumbing...omg.....you'll have to update plumbing. and these trees. scary having them above you during storms. we wanted to get SOME of them removed, (so much tree cover that when we went to DISH, no place in our entire yard (3/4 acre, lol) had enough sunlight, including the roof, except at the front of a brick sidewalk that leads to the front door. right next to the road. so there it is, tacky as hell, a sat dish at the front of sidewalk, roadside.
    the trees, as big as they are, are a fortune to get removed. so we just haven't. i hope we don't regret that some day.......
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. gatorjjh

Ratings Received:
    +9,101
    Sunday Morning in Palm Coast Today.....

one of my favorite songs on a terrific Velvet Underground album, Damn Lou Reed was a genius.........

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +7,752
    finally got my internet back from brighthouse around 745 last night-new modem, new router, took iMac to apple for repair, dug out this ancient laptop that has XP which isn't even supported anymore, got 3 new Directv boxes and am waiting for sharp to come look at my new 60inch Aquos LED TV that got zapped(but is still under warranty)-
    bouht all new surge protectors and from now on when I leave the house I will unplug the surge protectors- was told my lightening rods on my roof actually attracted the lightening- will call Duke Power on Monday about the huge surge protector they put on my meter which did not do a whole lot
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. mamag8ter

mamag8ter VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,646
    I love the wood floors, much easier to clean. I clean houses so I have experience.
  16. mamag8ter

mamag8ter VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,646
    Sunday morning. It looks like another hot one. My Husband had to wait till nearly dark to mow yesterday.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +4,872
    those pics aren't my living room, my living room was still upside down, til today, lol. but those were examples of the brown/earth tone furniture, and blue walls. was funny, i've been doing this stuff when hubby is up in frankfort with my mom in law, but this time (for some reason) he wanted to be part of it.
    i had 2 reasons for doing this when he's away....one, to surprise him, and two, there's no complaining when i'm alone to do it, lol.
    he was really reluctant a few years back when i wanted to get RID of white walls, and go for colors. white walls just got on my nerves. when you rent, or live in base housing (for all you military folks) there's always white walls, and you can't do anything. so, with much complaining, we got the three bedrooms done in colors. nice robust colors. our bedroom a deep sage green. the compromise was leaving the living room and kitchen white, which was funny, because he ended up loving the colored bedrooms.
    so, when he was gone, i did the small bathroom a golden yellow, and the kitchen a deep burgundy, i was nervous about the kitchen, but he ended up loving it.
    so i said, i wanna do the living room a blue, to zap the boring brown furniture. plus, like i said, we have wood floors. (so much brown!)so, again, he's reluctant because he's thinking he's not gonna like the pale blue. omg the complaining....so i said, THIS is why i do this when you're not home!!!!!
    to make a long story a little shorter, now that it's done, and put back together, he loves it.

this is mine:
    (the handled jars are 'our own candle company' candles. they are awesome. better than the yankee candle company. whatever it says it smells like on the jar, well, that's what it smells like. not a perfumed replica. and they burn forever. they have odd ones like 'root beer float', and funny ones like 'smell my nuts', which is banana nut bread, hazelnut aromas....about makes you hungry! they're from upstate new york somewhere, but there's a little store between here and frankfort, and he picks them up for me on his trips)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*the globe is an 'antique' one his mom had. there are lots and lots of countries that don't exist anymore (USSR, yugoslavia, lots of african ones)
    sprayed with clear gloss to protect it, and brighten up.
    the 'live throw pillow' on the recliner is emmitt. lol
  18. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +4,872
    that post would probably work on the 'married' thread, lol
  19. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +4,872
    this is the burgundy kitchen. i made a little two seater cozy cafe area, since there's only two of us, added some toulouse lautrec prints, i found the mahogany drop leaf table at an antique store, i still need to refinish it, so i put a tablecloth on it. scored the old painted chairs at another junk/antique store.
    this is probably sort of odd for most people, but then again, it's me....lol....
    [​IMG]

this stuff is the kinda stuff i've been doing since i stopped working.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. mamag8ter

mamag8ter VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,646
    Love it Vert! You did an amazing job! He had better like it, huh?
    • Like Like x 1