Each year there are approximately 7,000 blacks murdered in the U.S.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by HudsonGator, Jul 14, 2013.

1. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    looks like SECund2nun saying abortion is enemy of black community wants the black community to have rate of children living and dying in poverty to get worse and approach that of white children living and dying in poverty in red states(Southern Bible belt). Red states that have made it much more difficult for people(black, white, Hispanic, etc) to have abortions.
    and children living in dying in poverty in rural America is at a worse rate than in urban areas. With white children in poverty in rural areas outnumbering black/minority children living and dying in poverty in rural areas.
    [​IMG]

You claim to be compassionate and wave your anti-abortion banner around and talk all sorts of self righteous stuff. Sadly your compassion is questionable when you have more concern for unborn than born children. And that states(Red states of southern Bible belt) with most laws impeding abortions having higher rates of children living(and dying) in poverty.

The prime problems of much of black community(especially urban) are the following
    ---the primary cause of abortions as well as poverty children in urban areas---the thug culture that promotes getting as many women pregnant and moving on leaving the pregnant woman to fend for herself(and child) as best she can.
    ---lack of responsible priorities---Don't know about you but we have a lot of people in poverty with $1000 rims on cars, full cable/satellite, bling out the ying yang, lining up for $150 pair of latest sneakers while at same time the same guys let their children go without food, medication, etc. I've seen real poverty around the world and in some rural areas of America. And urban poverty to me is that the poverty lies between their ears in terms of attitude. I've seen poverty areas in person around the world where children pick lice from each other's heads in order to get the lice for them to eat so they have some protein in their diet. I've seen people living under a flattened out garbage can put up on sticks as a shelter during monsoon season. And it turns my stomach when I hear people whine about urban poverty in America and the ones supposedly in 'poverty' are standing there loaded with bling, cars with $1000 rims, etc.

Obama was dead on target while running for his first term as well as numerous statements and actions over the years in which he blasted the attitudes of black males as being a main cause of urban rot. He likely saw those attitudes first hand and up close when working as a community organizer in Chicago years ago. and he likely sees it as the main obstacle to blacks. That the main problem for blacks lies within their own community and should not be blamed on rest of America.
  2. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +984
    The question is why is there no outrage by the NAACP re Black on Black murders.

The Answer- No ability to raise money by above. The NAACP is no different then "rent a riot" leaders Farrakan, Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. All are about advancing themselves. Causes are needed to help them fleece white liberals stupid enough to fund their nonsense. Black on black don't get it done.

Watch how leading "white" lefty libbies will jump on the talk shows re how Trayvon's civil rights were violated.
  3. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    Well I'm sure finite resources definitely play a role as it pertains to public awareness and using that to draw attention to something the NAACP perceives as a "problem."
  4. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    Gatordowneast---I believe I might be even harsher on this issue than you.

I see the NAACP not going ballistic in the media regarding majority of blacks being killed by blacks to be something real basic.

To address the matter of blacks killing blacks the NAACP(primarily a black organization) would have to basically look in the mirror. Blacks would have to look at themselves, their attitudes, their priorities, their excuses, etc and the net findings of black community doing a self appraisal as to why majority of blacks being murdered is by blacks would most likely show a lack of accepting responsibility. It is likely just as convenient for many blacks to blame society in general, etc as it is for ultras of either party to point finger at others and not look at what their responsibility is in both the problem as well as working with others for solutions.

there is a saying comprised of 2 letter words that is pertinent

If it is to be, it is up to me

If black community wants change, they(black community) need to change the attitudes/actions of black community in terms of responsibility.

there have been many races, etc who came to America. And pretty much every one of the arriving groups faced discrimination, lack of opportunity, hardship, etc. Yet it is primarily the black community that is mired in playing the 'victim'. A common excuse is they came to America as slaves. Sorry, that doesn't cut it for two reasons
    ---that was well over 130 years ago.
    ---initial great numbers of Asians arrived as pretty much slaves for construction projects to build railways, etc. Yet the Asian community in America for the most part has assimilated pretty well into American society. And have assimilated without having to compromise their cultural heritage.
  5. surfn1080

surfn1080 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +243
    Here is what you didn't share:

Did you know that there are 14.82 murders per 100K by blacks versus 2.17 per 100K for whites?

Per capita there are 7x more murders committed by blacks than whites.

I didn’t make this up. It comes directly from the FBI. I just cut the numbers in a more revealing manner.

From a post from the same FBI data you uses.
  6. northgagator

northgagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +134
    Great post! +1
  7. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +984
    Agreed.

Introspection is tough. Personal Responsibility is not a good fund raising message.
  8. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    we disagree on a number of things. But I call things as I see them.

I believe that way things are or decisions people make have various causes.

rate of abortions in urban setting sis high. And it is simple to simply label that as evil, etc. But does that accomplish anything but a bunch of name calling?

I believe that there are numerous reasons people choose to have abortions. To me the thing to do is identify those reasons and work out ways of addressing the root causes of why people choose abortion. And then take measures as a society to ameliorate conditions that lead people to choose abortion.

example--young teenage girls getting pregnant via willingly having sex. Address this matter via sex ed classes in schools, or with parents, or in house of worship, etc in a topic such as responsibilities/consequences of sex---ie---pregnancy, STD's, etc.---and the wide range of ways to avoid negative consequences could discuss any or all of the following
    --abstinence
    --adoption
    --condoms
    --birth control(other than day after pill)
    --day after pill
    --development of self esteem so that it is not necessary to have sex to get the other person to want to be with you.
    --etc
  9. rpmGator

rpmGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +980
    The problem is our government concentrated blacks into their own area where no business jobs or industry were found. Even FDR built what later would be named ghetto's.

This didn't leave many choices and drugs were one way to make a living. With little opportunity, the "good" jobs are in crime.

Now it has become a generational thing and now that people are more free to move where they wish, the past sticks. Better opportunity and moving upward with college is a slow process when quick money is still the standard.
  10. 247brother

247brother Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +112
    As a black man I agree here.....
    • Like Like x 1
  11. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,810
    Someone has been born in deal circumstances? I want to meet that guy.
  12. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,384
    Despite what some claim here, the NAACP has addressed black-on-black crime. As much as it should have? Not from what I can tell, at least in my opinion. The group, like pretty much everyone, continues to believe the problems are always with everyone else.
  13. Shade45

Shade45 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,331
    Does that change what I said? 85% of white killings are done by whites. Both are high percentages. Black on black crime as well as white on white crime are outrageous and immoral.

Also I said after crack, violent crimes increased in the black community and the black prison population increased as well. Not too mention grad rates dropped significantly.
    That's all I was saying.
  14. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    The NAACP as well as some civil rights leaders hated by many TH posters - like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton - have a history of emphasizing and waging campaigns to lessen black on black crime.
  15. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,173
    Some really good things in here, old. Well said.

You said this in an earlier post, are you implying that a child living in povery is worse than a child not getting the chance to live at all? I'll be honest, I feel like I get that vibe from a lot of the left when it comes to defending abortion. Children in poverty can still experience happiness, triumph, love, heartbreak, and God - maybe even more so than those who are more fortunate.
  16. mocgator

mocgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +731
    Something about welfare broodmares?....
  17. gator996

gator996 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    Who said the NAACP and other black organizations don't speak out on these topics?

Since all of you seem to care so much....

How many of you have ever attended or even attempted to attend an event about the black community?

They occur in every state and major population area in this country and I would suspect that less than 10% of the posters here have even considered attending such a meeting but seem to be experts on what's afflicting them. :roll:
  18. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    certainly not, I happen to believe that abortions and born children are both horrible.
    I believe that slamming abortion without also slamming those whose policies contribute heavily to children living (and dying) in poverty are somewhat hypocritical. And vice versa as well---slamming those whose policies contribute heavily to child poverty but not seeing abortion as a problem

I believe whether or not an abortion is to be done should be the right of the pregnant woman to decide. I also believe that the pregnant woman should have abortion as the last resort(but that is hardly enforceable). I believe abortions to be horrible just as I believe a child in America dying in poverty is horrible.

I would think that all the people who are for outlawing abortion should be the first and best people there are to establish communities in which children brought into the world won't be condemned to live and die in preventable poverty. Yet that is not the case as reflected by that map showing a band of states in which all but one(NM) is a very red state. and that band of states where rural child poverty is the highest are the southern portion of the Bible belt. Those are red states with strong laws impeding the obtaining of abortion AND at same time are states with proven track record at being horrible in terms of the state and rural local govts pretty much do essentially nothing to reduce the problem of children living and dying in poverty(public education, community health services, food programs, etc, etc)
  19. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,173
    They're both horrible - but what I should have asked you is:

Is an abortion equivalently, or equally as horrible as a child living in poverty, in your opinion? And if not, on what scales of horrible would you regard them? I only ask, and while this has potential to derail the thread, I often wonder when discussing abortion and this argument comes up, or even more interesting the argument for a "woman's right" comes up -- are women's rights really more important than human life? Women's rights are absolutely important, but on the grand scale of life - is human life really anywhere close to someone's perceived "rights?" Personally, I think not - I think, and I would think Liberals would whole-heartedly agree with this, although I've seen just the opposite, that human life would be on a scale of its own, just simply not comparable to any thing out there. But yet -- when it comes to abortion, hey a woman has to have her "rights," life itself be damned.
  20. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +984
    Sure they do Row. And they've been real successful haven't they. Right along with LBJ's war on poverty.

Be honest, are any of these "rent a riot" folks really interested in anything other than lining their bank accounts? And if so, where were they last weekend in Chicago when all the black kids were killed? http://www.complex.com/city-guide/2013/07/72-people-shot-chicago-fourth-of-july-weekend

And where are they on every weekend of virtually all big cities with high minority populations? I don't see marching, organizing, talk show appearances.

Only when they see fund raising opportunities from naïve lefty libbie whites who are too stupid to realize they are being fleeced.