Dumbo Fisher Quote

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by largartos, Dec 22, 2013.

1. gatorplank

gatorplank Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +498
    Cosmos and theghost, when you have a "George Foreman" type of schedule then it is MNC or bust. Ever since I heard Bowden make that comment about George Foreman I have never respected FSU ever again. I myself will never be able to respect any of FSU's teams like I do many of the SEC teams that have won the MNC because it has everything to do with the overall body of work. Our 1996, 2006, and 2008 teams have a body of work that makes FSU's schedule this year look like horse $***.

What it boils down to is this: FSU is undefeated against a schedule that currently consists of no top 10 teams. Have they beaten them by a lot? Sure. FSU's schedule and performance is what it is. Is it impressive? Sure. Is it as impressive as the past 7 national championship teams? No. Are there teams from the past and the present that had a more impressive overall body of work that never played in the MNC? Absolutely. I can think of several.
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Blackblack

Blackblack Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +187
    What was impressive about LSU's 2007 season? Their best regular season win was a 3-loss Virginia Tech team. And they lost to two unranked teams (Kentucky/Arkansas)...one of them at home.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. UFLAW81

UFLAW81 All Glory to Zarathustra VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,729
    Call him Dumbo, but until we can walk the walk......
    He kicked our ass this year.
    That makes us Dumbos bitch.
    Maybe it's best we STFU with the Fisher insults until we can compete with his team.
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. acumen

acumen New Member

Ratings Received:
    +27
    It's getting plenty of play on the AU forums, so I suspect the players will get wind of it.

Actually, though, this is not the worst thing to come out of the FSU camp. Their players have been talking smack. I think it was Jernigan or Smith who said "When watching AU film, we think it was more about the lack of execution from the defenses AU played than it was about AU playing well." He then went on to say that FSU will be ready and wont make those mistakes.

Another player said "AU is about trickery and we have them figured out."

Sure, guys, your coaches are smarter than Nick $aban and Kirby Smart. Yeah, we gotcha. You're a bunch of geniuses who figured out what the best D coaches in America could not.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,033
    And there are also many other teams that won MNCs with a "body of work" as bad or worse than FSU's. If FSU was beating their opponents by 1-2 TDs, then you would have a point, but they are dominating other teams. We have a top ten defense, and the second best defense in the SEC, yet it didn't appreciably slow down their offense. They only had one game where they were within three TDs of them.

Auburn, OTOH, was more like our 2006 team, playing several teams tight, but this also included Washington State (6-7), Miss State (6-6), Ole Miss (7-5), Texas A&M (8-4), and Georgia (8-4). This year's Florida State team would doubtless crush all these teams, as these teams are no better than Clemson, Duke, Miami, Boston College, Syracuse or Pitt.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. cistern

cistern Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +498
    Yawn. I'm taking a wait and see approach and I believe FSU will beat Auburn, but this stuff is tired and old. Oklahoma in 2008 only lost once, by 10, to a #5 ranked Texas team that was of much better quality than Clemson or Miami could ever aspire to be this year. Their second closest game was a two touchdown win against #16 Kansas. Oklahoma played #24, #5, #16, #2, #11, and #19 that year dropping an average of 53~ points and 547 yards per game and still only scored 14 against UF.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Freddy02

Freddy02 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +677
    09/01/12 [​IMG] Murray State Tallahassee, FL Hall of Fame / Varsity
    09/08/12 [​IMG] Savannah State Tallahassee, FL Youth Day
    09/15/12 [​IMG] Wake Forest Tallahassee, FL Military Appreciation
    09/22/12 [​IMG] Clemson Tallahassee, FL
    09/29/12 [​IMG] @South Florida Tampa, FL
    10/06/12 [​IMG] @NC State Raleigh, NC
    10/13/12 [​IMG] Boston College Tallahassee, FL Parent's Weekend
    10/20/12 [​IMG] @Miami Miami Gardens, FL
    10/27/12 [​IMG] Duke Tallahassee, FL Homecoming
    11/03/12 BYE
    11/08/12 [​IMG] @Virginia Tech (Thurs.) Blacksburg, VA
    11/17/12 [​IMG] @Maryland College Park, MD
    11/24/12 [​IMG] Florida Tallahassee, FL

yeah 12-2 was so impressive
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. gottapanda

gottapanda Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +183
    I'm certainly nobody's bitch and if you want to kowtow to fsu that's your prerogative, but you can stfu without me. I hope fsu loses every game they ever play. I will never say anything positive about that cesspool of corruption. We beat them last year we'll beat them again. And I will never respect them.
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. theghost

theghost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,564
    Well folks, there you have it: Proof that Jimbo Fisher is a bad football coach!!
  10. cistern

cistern Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +498
    Yep, that's exactly what I said.
  11. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,033

Their schedule is similar every year, and they didn't win 12 games since 1999. Your little effort is about as lame as saying Urban Meyer never won anything until Tebow came and led the team...

Try harder...
  12. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,033
    And conversely, Florida only scored 24 points against the second worst defense on their schedule. I guess you forgot that Demarco Murray didn't play at all (and no, a 75% Percy is FAR better than a 0% Murray). How could we have performed so poorly against their horrible defense?

I do have to smile at your analogy regarding ranked teams, as you were using teams that were ranked at the time. Kansas finished 8-5 (unranked).

But the problem with your analogy is that Texas BEAT Oklahoma by 10 points. Texas finished 12-1 that year, while Clemson is 10-2. Had Clemson beaten Florida State as Texas did Oklahoma, they would also have just one loss, and while I would surmise that Texas is a better one-loss team than Clemson, the difference probably isn't that large. Probably one game in the W/L column, if that.

Texas played four teams with 9+ wins that year, and the results:

Texas vs Oklahoma State (9-4): Texas 28-24
    Texas vs Oklahoma (12-2): Texas 45-35
    Texas vs Mizzou (10-4): Texas 56-31
    Texas vs Ohio State (10-3): Texas 24-21
    Texas vs Texas Tech (11-2): TT 39-33

Texas went 4-1 with a margin of victory of five points in three of the four wins. It's not like they were world beaters. True, they got beat badly by two teams with excellent defenses, but Auburn's defense sucks this year, far worse than they did when they won it all in 2010.

Jimbo is not an elite coach by any stretch, but he is NOT a bad coach. If the Gators had a year like FSU had with our weak 2009 schedule, you wouldn't say jack about our coach...
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. GatorLaw

GatorLaw Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +166
    Meggs would deserve a bigger gift from Jimbo than Winston. Without Meggs Jimbo doesn't have Winston.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. cistern

cistern Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +498
    I don't think I have ever referred to him as "Dumbo", or stupid, or a poor coach. The only comment I ever made about him (that I can think of) was in regards to his saying he: "wasn't worried about the SEC", when he just lost to an SEC team a year ago at home with the "#1 defense in the country".

See, despite what theghost thought I was implying, I wasn't trying to malign Jimbo Fisher's accomplishments. Simply tired of the old "SOS doesn't matter because they are dominating their opponents" jive. Plenty of teams have dominated their opponents and not lived up to expectations in big games. I'll believe FSU's legacy when they win it all this year and not a minute before (unless they blow out Auburn, in which case I'll probably believe it by half time :eek:).
  15. UFLAW81

Ratings Received:
    +3,729
    Yea, well, I like your attitude, even if vitriol is aimed at me.
  16. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,033
    Sounds good to me...:)

My gut tells me that Winston is going to have a field day against Auburn's porous defense. Auburn's best shot is to pound the rock all day and keep the ball away from Winston...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. GatorLaw

GatorLaw Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +166
    I always hope FSU loses every game they play, hopefully in blowouts. And I don't respect FSU as an institution or a football program. But I don't know how anyone could watch them play this year and not admit that they're a very very good team. I don't think that's kowtowing to FSU, I think it's just being realistic, weak schedule or not. Plenty of teams play weak schedules, just look at Ohio State's schedule this year to see one example. But very few of them play for the NC.
  18. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,984
    Either way, his gift list just got longer...still peanuts when compared to selling your soul.
  19. benheb

benheb Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,143
    I say he's a mediocre Mack Brown type coach and he'd supply some mediocre years amid some good ones like the Texas fans are fine with tolerating. He's been recruiting well during our down cycle and excuse me if I'm not going to declare him great like so many of you.

The argument here appears to be "golly, he wins ACC games, he must be good".

Even if FSU beats Auburn the ACC is still a college football joke. If we weren't totally shambles this year, we easily match up with their stupendous great ACC championship team. If they continue to avoid humiliation like we laid on them LAST year, I may change my mind but not anytime soon.
  20. UFLAW81

Ratings Received:
    +3,729
    The ACC sucks.
    The AFL sucks
    Namath points to the scoreboard.
    • Creative Creative x 1