Duck Dynasty On Welfare? Taxpayer Handouts Of $70K Per Week

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by fastsix, Jun 19, 2014.

1. anstro76

anstro76 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +940
    I'm all for it. More money for the film industry which is thick with unions. I feel six also has no problem with the credit just a problem when the goalposts get moved when the other teams' kicker is on the field.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +984
  3. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +10,364
    as I stated earlier This whole thread is about the OP trying to heap dung on the show because of Phil Robertson's stance on homosexuality and Phil being a Christian
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. kygator

kygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +243
    If you are trying to attract a business to your state with tax credits, you would want to attract a business that is successful. Would you prefer to attract businesses that are failures?
  5. northandsouth

northandsouth Member

Ratings Received:
    +69
    I would imagine the State of Louisiana did not know in advance what economic benefit would derive from their program.

Now that they know, if your reporting is accurate, the subsequent benefits are this small, a responsible reaction by responsible government, would be to reduce or even eliminate the program.

Much like any such failed or flawed economic and social program. As a wise Liberal do you not agree with this last statement? Will you honestly list some failed government social programs with similarly failed results that you believe worthy of elimination. For you see, many conservations actually do agree with your premise. Question is are you the real hypocrite in your scenario?
  6. vertigo0923

vertigo0923 night owl mod VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,448
    who watches this crap?
    i hate these guys because they, like honey boo boo, and a zillion other useless 'reality shows' about virtually ANY subject, are littering the television channel guide. sheesh.
    even prior to the virtual explosion of crap shows like this, i'd wonder 'wtf do we have 100 channels for, anyhow?', but now, you just scan the guide channel, and shit that is obviously reality crap, just from the titles, totally obliterates the tv landscape.
    i guess it's good, because i've gotten back into reading more often.
    i never go to walmart, well, obviously almost never, because i went there recently to get some interior paint (it's actually cheaper than lowes) anyhow, there's these life size cut outs of robertson guys, or duck dynasty guys, whatever you wanna call them, i don't know which one is which, but they're all over the place. AARRGGHHHH almost every department!!!! :(
    unnerving AND annoying. funny aside: i think that b0we bergdahl's dad looked like he could have been a castmate on duck dynasty.
    :D
    yeah, let's just advertise this junk more, so that tv channels will keep putting this crap on. and not paying to have people produce quality programming. ugh. started with mtv's 'real world', which was on around the time mtv started sucking and not playing music.
    then 'survivor' really exacerbated the situation.
    i've never watched them. well, except 'the osbournes' was actually a guilty pleasure. because, it's funny to watch 'the prince of darkness' step in dog poo, because his wife has 5 or 6 itty bitty dogs running around the palatial beverly hills mantion. heck, it's funny to watch 'the prince of darkness' IN a palatial beverly hills mansion.....reprimanding his son for shooting paintballs at a neighbour's house.
    but pawnshop wars? the kardashians??????????? america's next top model, or idol or whatever, it's gotten out of hand entirely.

(reality tv rant over...)
    okay then, back to 'duck dynasty', there's that obnoxious bit about phil robertson's opinion on marrying really young women. what a creep. and a misogynist.

taking 'handouts' from a poor state like louisiana? sounds like a 'fit' for these guys/this show (sarcasm)
    am i shocked that guys like this who'd probably rant against any kind of government support or aid programs are taking handouts like this?
    nope. not even a little bit.
  7. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,037
    I like the Velocity Channel but even some of those shows are too scripted. I can put up with that though since I am mainly interested in the cars.
  8. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +10,364
    I like Swamp People
  9. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +5,448
    ugh. more power to you guys, lol.
    i just can't....
    gimme shows with writing and plots....and acting...
    ;)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. anstro76

anstro76 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +940
    I'm with you Vert. Way to much quality TV out there right to watch scripted versions of someone's life.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. HallGator

Ratings Received:
    +4,037
    I don't watch to see their lives. I watch the see the cars they are working on, looking at, or selling.
  12. HallGator

Ratings Received:
    +4,037
    Other than that college sports is about the only thing I watch at all. Watch very little TV.
  13. fastsix

fastsix Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,199
    or sports.

I would watch curling, or even Mariners baseball, before I'd watch a show like Duck Dynasty or The Kardashians.
  14. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +5,448
    i know, and i agree, i love cool cars. i just don't have the stomach to watch any reality shows. of course, i'm not even sure we have the velocity channel. seems there's new channels every other day catering to a very select audience.
    like i said, i'm guilty of having watched 'the osbournes', (although i didn't watch the last season...i don't know how many seasons there were, i think 3. i watched 2. and of course there was a lot of staging)
  15. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +5,448
    well, sure, obviously sports!

but yeah. you definitely get me on this. the kardashians...duck dynasty. UGH
  16. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,158
    I agree 125%.
  17. FlyingGatorII

FlyingGatorII Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +601
    When describing any thread fastsix starts Bill you had me at "trying to heap dung on" because that's all he is trying to do on every subject he attacks anything Christian or conservative over. Wish the mods here kept track of them all as their should be a rule to how many flamebait threads one is allowed.
  18. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +5,448
    ever the disciplinarian
    ;)
  19. FlyingGatorII

FlyingGatorII Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +601
    Naw..just calls em as I sees em. Fastsix and other here see their job their messiah here as distracting the masses from the real issues the OA are destroying this country with including a horrific foreign policy, not enforcing laws against and even encouraging illegal immigration, lying to the American people about Fast and Furious, Benghazi and the IRS scandal, and continually violating our constitution by refusing to work with congress when they disagree with them and passing laws like a dictator with the swipe of a pen. I could list more but most on the left's automatic ignore the truth about Obama protection has kicked in by now and they are likely not past my last sentence so....
    • Like Like x 1
  20. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +5,448
    oh yeah. that benghazi thing. find anything yet? no? how surprised i am.