Drinking and driving. Don't.

Discussion in 'The GatorTail Pub' started by Norcaligator, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Norcaligator

Norcaligator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +378
    With the Holidays upon us and New Year's eve around the corner, I would like to share a personal experience with my friends in the Pub about drinking and driving.

As you may know, people have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a night out.

Well, last night Jan and I went out for a much needed evening at a nice restaurant; we had several cocktails followed by some rather nice red wine with dinner. Feeling jolly, I still had the sense to know that I was slightly over the limit.

That's when we did something that we've never done before - we took a cab home. For those who don’t know much about my home town,its pretty rare to even see a cab in Redding. Sure enough on the way home there was a police road block, but since it was a cab they waved it past. We arrived home safely without incident.

This was all a real surprise as I had never driven a cab before, I don't know where I got it, and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it.

Cheers!
    • Funny Funny x 4
  2. toon66

toon66 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +857
    Great advice here, anyone can get pulled at anytime.I know that I have and I have cabbed ever since. I often reflect back on that time 8 yrs ago and it still sends chills. I consider myself to be very lucky
    • Like Like x 2
  3. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +394
    Also, on NYE AAA offers free tows up to 10 miles to anyone who wants their car towed back home. I never drive if I am going to drink anymore. Too many friends have had their lives ruined by it.
    • Winner Winner x 3
  4. gatorjjh

gatorjjh BS Jm, UF Class of '69 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +9,696
    I second the advice above, don't drink and drive, when I was much, much younger I used to do it all the time the last time I hit a bridge abuttment and totaled my sweet '74 MGB-GT, (British Racing Green), I was lucky- cracked ribs were my only penalty- the Florida State Trooper told me when he got to the scene as aprt of his routine patrol on 441 north of Ocala that he knew I was DUI but it had been more than 2 hours since the accident and it would not hold up in court. I took that as my warning and made that my last DUI ride. Please don't wait for a lesson like mine or one far worse.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,085
    bahahahaha! Good one!