DraftExpress video profile of Patric Young

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by REM08, Oct 17, 2013.

1. REM08

REM08 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +685
    Have I mentioned how big a fan I am of Patric? DraftExpress is doing one of these for each returning NBA prospect for each conference.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Top-NBA-Prospects-in-the-SEC-Part-2--Patric-Young-Video-4354

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFfRR8U0H68&feature=player_embedded

Young also had some interesting quotes today at media day. I love the pun.

2. InstiGATOR1

InstiGATOR1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +73
    Thanks, I have been waiting for this to come out. There view is somewhat like the view here of Young, though they stress his positives more than some here. He is an NBA player and he might be like Parsons a guy whose body is more suited for the NBA than college.

As I said on another thread, Young can become a solid first round pick, if he can cut out the sub 5 rebound games this year, grab an extra rebound or so in the other games and get an extra put back per game. For this he needs to consistently challenge himself. He needs to be unhappy when he plays 20+ minutes and has 2 rebounds, win or lose. If there are some early season suspensions and he has to play 35 minutes in some games, then he needs to have 12 to 16+ rebounds in those games.
  3. RD_gator

RD_gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +170
    If Patric Young can improve his rebounding numbers (along w/ maintaining his defensive presence) this season than I think he could be a Ben Wallace type of player for a future NBA team.