1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

Dolphin fans where are you?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by phideltdj, Oct 31, 2013.

1. vincenzo_incendio

vincenzo_incendio Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    They won't cut him. He is a rookie going through a rough patch. He made the more difficult kick when it mattered most. He'll have a long NFL career.
  2. vincenzo_incendio

vincenzo_incendio Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    Lol you have no idea what you are talking about if you think the Jags will move to LA or London.

The people leading the charge for LA want to buy a team and move it there. shad kahn isnt going to sell any time soon.

The NFL will not move a current franchise from the US and place it in London. That would cost a lot of American jobs and the NFL wouldnt want that kind of PR hit. The only way for the NFL to move to London will be via expansion.
  3. FearNoSpear

FearNoSpear Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +463
    The Dolphins are the NFL's premier Florida team. Get over it. I was also being facetious about the move. Again get over it. I wasnt alive in 1972. Dolphins won the division in 2008. So yes I understand its not 2008 anymore. For the Gators or the Dolphins
  4. FearNoSpear

Ratings Received:
    +463
    To which if you read my previous post attendance isn't the gold measure anymore. "Lol." There are more Dolphin fans in Florida than Bucs or Jags combined
  5. FearNoSpear

Ratings Received:
    +463
    A few Decades? Yes, fans are fed up with management and disenfranchised. Doesn't mean they aren't still Dolphin fans. There has also been a move net amongst fans to boycott all things Dolphins to try and force a change. It's not working.
  6. FearNoSpear

Ratings Received:
    +463
    Exactly. The core fan base isn't even down there anymore. Which is why Dolphins rank 14th on the road and near the bottom for home attendance.
  7. FearNoSpear

Ratings Received:
    +463
    "lol". It was sarcasm. The Rams aren't going anywhere either. Again. Sarcasm.
  8. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +990
    You defending the Jags is the reason I'm staying out of this thread and not 'rustlin more dolphin jimmies :)
  9. swampspring

swampspring Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +542
    False, pure conjecture again. Just because you say it doesn't make it to be true. Generally, people in North or Central Florida don't care about the Dolphins much. As I imagine people in south florida could care less about Jags or the Bucs

Attendance still has incredible value. TV deals are negotiated leaguewide, and that is where most teams make their profit/revenue. After that it's merchandising and attendance (more specifically attendance for luxury seats/box seats). I can't vouch for merchandising, I've lived across the country and there aren't too many people I've met who gave a rats ass about the Dolphins. Small sample yes, but I can speak out of my ass because that's accepted here. The teams I quoted earlier get a lot of pub because they ARE national franchises.

Also, you are making two different arguments, I argued that attendance (as initially introduced by the OP) is representative of a mediocre fanbase. You are arguing financial value of teams as predicated by attendance numbers. Neither one of us know the financial numbers since NFL books are closed, so to argue otherwise is pure conjecture.
  10. UFGator05

UFGator05 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,147
    Big win for the Fin Nation and now the schedule gets much softer with the lowly Bucs up next
  11. broncogators

broncogators Member

Ratings Received:
    +74
    There is nothing worse than being stuck having to watch the Jags play on Sunday... I feel like I’ve been sentenced to a lifetime prison sentence with a small chance of parole (them moving to LA/London)
  12. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +990
    Cool story. I feel the same way about the Dolphins. Crazy how opinions work that way.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. phideltgator

phideltgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +461
    Big win...I don't know. We can't seem to score a td in the second half. Fins have same problem the Gators have. Offense fills seats. Excitement and thrilling plays are not something you will see. Would you pay big bucks to charter a boat if you knew you were going to reel in one grunt?
  14. hogtowngator

hogtowngator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +535
    Lifelong Dolphin fan and season ticket holder here. Gave my seats away for last night's game because I chose to go trick-or-treating with my children. Many of the people we go to games with did the same thing. The last few home games have had 70,000 plus in there.....

And seriously, there is ZERO comparison with the Dolphins franchise and the other two in Florida. I want them all to do well but let's not get ridiculous. The Dolphins are Florida's team and always have been.....
  15. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +415
  16. gatorhwk

gatorhwk Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    So .... because you say so, this makes it true? Don't quite get shooting down Fear's "weak" position only to offer up your own weak position. I get offering your opinion though.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. FearNoSpear

Ratings Received:
    +463
    Okay, using your argument then please explain why Miami is 14th in road game attendance? People who have never stepped foot in Florida are diehard Dolphin fans simply because they were good when the NFL was gaining popularity. I've been to Miami games in San Diego where there were more Dolphins than Chargers fans. Hanging out in various tailgates almost nobody was from Florida. Same thing happened in Arizona. I've done a lot of traveling. I've been in various cities during football season. Without fail I can always find a bar on Sunday where Dolphin fans congregate. Whether I've been in New York, Missouri, California, Arizona, the Carolina's, Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Nevada, etc.

Just because either one of us say anything doesn't make it true. Generally Central Florida has a huge market of Dolphins fans. People in North Florida don't care about the Jags that much to be quite honest. And yes we both can speak out of our ass because if you've ever read a game day thread that is most definitely accepted here.

The Dolphins are a tarnished brand. A suffering brand but still a brand of value. If they ever clean house in the front office and get consistently good again it will w be a top 5 NFL brand once again.
  18. gatorhwk

gatorhwk Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    Wow ... and look at the quality play on the field as well. :roll:
  19. hd80dun

hd80dun New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    Boy ... Dolphins, Jags and Bucs fans arguing over which team is more pathetic on a Gator message board. This shows just how bad the Gator season has been. :)
  20. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +415
    to be fair, it looks like this is before the game and before the players were even on the field...Dolphins are still a joke though...