Does Obama Want To Deport Illegal Immigrant Children Or Not?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by fastsix, Jul 16, 2014.

1. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +969
    Yeah, but maybe 52,000 illegal immigrant children from the past year are on that flight.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS
  2. BastogneGator

BastogneGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +559
    35k to adopt a kid is ridiculous; laywers writing laws for other lawyers... I think there is a big difference between someone choosing to adopt a child from a foreign country to give them better opportunity and children being dumped here by those who should be responsible for them and added as an involuntary burden to legal citizenry.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. g8trjax

g8trjax Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +393
    You guys did it the right and legal way. I was speaking to the way our govt is just shoving this down our throats. Anyway sorry to offend, I guess somethings are too hot, for too hot. :oops:
  4. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +806
    You should have seen that post before he edited. :)
  5. GatorGrowl

GatorGrowl Forum Admin Staff Member GC Staff VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,419
    Sure, but before deporting those that just got dumped why not find them a home if possible and if someone would want them?

The 35k, some of it is fees for the Chinese government.
  6. GatorGrowl

Ratings Received:
    +4,419
    I did not edit it, I told Hall if he thought it should be edited he could do it, I would never have edited it.
  7. vertigo0923

vertigo0923 night owl mod VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,229
    have thought about that as well. except for having my autistic grandson 3 days a week might be an issue....but it's crossed my mind more and more frequently.....
  8. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +5,229
    yep. hit the nail on the head
  9. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +5,229
    shoving them down our throats? they're children, for cryin out loud. they're not here because obama invited them. they're here due to horrific conditions in their own countries. they're asking for help. they're refugees. those people in SoCal who were 'protesting' and screeching and waving signs and flags, were doing that to a busload of kids, and their moms!
    again, here's emma lazarus' words, from the statue of liberty:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore"
  10. philobeddoe

philobeddoe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +434
    If these kids have parents in Honduras, etc ... should they be adopted by American citizens? Shouldn't they be allowed (forced) to live with their families .... as I don't think the US gov't should be in the business of "taking" CentAm kids from their families and "giving" them to US citizens. Seems there should be enough US born kids that need to be adopted or foster parented ..... to meet the domestic demand.
  11. philobeddoe

Ratings Received:
    +434

You really believe obamer's policies hand nothing to do with the illegal kid invasion?

Even if you don't .... these kids are still "illegal invaders" who should be deported back to their families ... and the UN + OAS + interested private organizations & individuals should address the crisis in those countries. If you want to give $US$ to help the people in Honduras, Nicaragua, etc .... just don't expect to use taxpayer $US$ from the US Treasury.
  12. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,402
    An easy argument can be made that they were very explicitly invited by Obama policy. Alternately, that he made the country itself an attractive nuisance of sorts.
  13. g8trjax

g8trjax Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +393
    She knows. The oa thought this would be the tipping point in the amnesty battle, that took a huge hit when cantor lost. But people, there's no need to fret over this, even for a second. Who honestly believes any of these kids are going to be deported? Ain't happening. Obama will get his billions, absolutely nothing will be done about future incursions, after the midterms the pubs will jump on the amnesty train, by next week another crisis will take its place so no one will care anymore. And the band plays on.
  14. GatorGrowl

Ratings Received:
    +4,419

Agreed I stated that in one of my earlier posts, so what I said was if in the process some of these children are deemed parentless then perhaps they could be adopted.
  15. BastogneGator

BastogneGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +559
    How long does it take and how much does it cost are the two biggest questions. At some point compassion has to be tempered with fiscal reality.
  16. philobeddoe

Ratings Received:
    +434

I would think these kids would need to be handled how any illegal immigrant would be handled .... with special accommodation because of their age. I expect there are religious organizations and other charities with programs and facilities to handle orphans in Central America and in the US.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,589
    I actually said that, but there's no reason on Earth that we can't set up offices in the countries these kids are located in and process them THERE to make sure there aren't other relatives who want the kids (or like I put as an example, parents who have no idea their kid has gone off, ie, custody battles), then find appropriate homes HERE, and then fast track the foster parent/adoption process. If nothing else, it'd be safer than having the kids cross all that terrain "by themselves" (which I doubt, since on the news they have videos showing them being helped by adults along the way), and it's a win-win for parents on long lists here in the US.

Take them back to their base countries and start the process there. Those who have the means and the heart to adopt, God's blessings on them and their generosity should be commended.
  18. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,589
    Yes, that's on the Statue of Liberty. Located near Ellis Island. You know... where immigrants had to go, show their identity, get registered, get screened for diseases and put into quarantine, etc. You know....the process of legal immigration.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. tideh8rGator

tideh8rGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +389
    The short answer to the OP is "no". Although he will make it LOOK like he doesn't want them here, for political reasons, he is all about bringing them into the fold.

Assembling the voter base for chelsea or malia for 20 years from now is quite high on his agenda, along with other things.

icequeen has it right that the problem can and should be solved at the POINT OF ORIGIN.

This country is in an existential fight for its survival. Emma Lazarus is OBSOLETE.
  20. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,354
    And where those who did not qualify for entry into the country where shipped back as well.
    • Agree Agree x 1