Doctors bail out on their practices

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PSGator66, Jul 16, 2013.

1. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,721
    I want my anesthesiologist to be a well-paid and happy person in general. That isn't the guy you want hustling from bed to bed in exasperation over his Medicare reimbursement, IMO.
  2. Swamper

Swamper New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    why are thousands of students in medical schools and thousands more trying to get into medical schools if the pay is so bad for practicing doctors?
  3. mastoidbone

mastoidbone VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +18
    It is a great job---super rewarding and fulfilling--fun exciting tragic exasperating tearful and when you win and save a life from the brink.....the greatest feeling.

In my field---non Medicare payment is excellent---partially to offset Medicare.
    But pediatricians make 80-120k a year as do many FP docs.

Is that bad pay? It is for level of education with salary deferred until 30s and 250,000 in educational loans......

Given a hs educated police officer make 120-180k a year in many large cities like mine----and work for 10 years at that pay while the doc is getting min wages in residency......
  4. OB1

OB1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +38
    Not to mention they have solid retirement plans, health insurance, among other benefits as part of their compensation package.

It's Great to be a Florida Gator!