Doctor Posts Newspaper Notice: Closing Due to Obamacare

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by mocgator, Dec 11, 2013.

1. wgbgator

wgbgator Sub-optimal Poster Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,434
    Well, this guy pretty much wanted for the length of time that he operated his practice. I wish changes in technology, business practices and regulations didnt produce any losers but they do. Is there any system in which everyone is always a winner? Let me know and I will get on board with it.
  2. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +518
    You just have no clue.

Please cite someone on this forum calling for "crushing corporate control"!

People advocate for liberty and freedom. The real irony is you support the ACA which does advocate more "crushing corporate control".

You just can't make this stuff up. Well we are talking Fred...
  3. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +518
    smh

Of course there are winners and losers. The government is not suppose to engage in who they are.

I have no clue what you are talking about wrt this doctor. Government had already injected itself at unprecedented levels before he got into medicine...
  4. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,895

it is all about centralization and more control. all the regulations do is force out the small and middle size businesses in all professions. the more centralized things are, the easier they are to control. we are losing our freedoms little by little and nobody is noticing. soon it will be too late to turn the tide.
  5. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,072
    Everytime someone advocates for lower wages and union busting they are advocating for the iron fist of a corporocracy.
  6. wgbgator

wgbgator Sub-optimal Poster Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,434
    This doctor's business relied on Medicare and Medicaid payments. His operation could not survive going totally private insurance and his customers couldn't afford his services without government support. He basically chose to be a de facto government worker, servicing people on government assistance. And you seem to be holding him up as an example of the free market being pushed out of medicine by government or something - but really you're mad about a "fascist" being victimized by "fascism."
  7. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +518
    ???

I see people advocate to get rid of public unions but I have not seen anyone advocate private sector unions should be done away with. They are damaging to a company at times and we should not bail them out like the UAW (another quasifascist move of picking winners and losers by our government in stead of letting the corporation fail) if a company fails just because it has a union.

No one is advocating for lower wages. Wages will set themselves. Some high some low in a free market.
  8. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +518
    Medicine is not a free market. It never was while this doctor has been practicing. Hence the reason he took Medicare and Medicaid. Now he is being squeezed and forced into the corporate world if he wants to practice medicine. It is bad enough that government overstepped its responsibilities creating an inferior system (better than socialized but inferior) for him to practice in. Great if you want to be treated as a number I suppose...

Very few GP's can survive without Medicare and Medicaid when they start a practice thanks to our governments unprecedented involvement. It is an unfortunate reality of LBJ's redistribution program that is bankrupt and only staying afloat on the backs of younger generations...