Do you believe Muschamp can win the SECCG within the next three years?

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by GatorArts, Nov 3, 2013.

?

Can Muschamp win the SECCG?

1. Yes, definitely

47 vote(s)
    26.0%
  2. Possibly

25 vote(s)
    13.8%
  3. Doubtful

44 vote(s)
    24.3%
  4. No way, no how

65 vote(s)
    35.9%
  1. col_kurtz

col_kurtz Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +68
    It will be at least 7 years for Muschump to have a winning record against UGA no less
  2. c_gator24

c_gator24 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    They've beaten who was on their schedule. Urban haters need to accept the fact that he's a great coach.

John 14:6
  3. Jonas

Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +328
    Seriously. I was pissed as hell when he left for Ohio State, but after thinking about it, I don't think it was as nefarious as people thought. He didn't give up on us. He knew his program wasn't in good shape, and at the time, he didn't believe he could fix it. Would you really wanted to keep him if that was his mind set at the time?

Regardless, he is still a great coach. I think he could flame out at OSU if he gets into some stressful situations, but with how crappy the Big 10 is, the only stressful situations with be in Bowls/Play offs. He'll dominate the Big 10 for years to come.
  4. red4512

red4512 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +193
    With the current coaching expertise in the SEC, I cant see it happening.
  5. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,134

Go back and re-read my post and let it sink in. I'm not going to repeat what I said because you want to read things into what I said that you want to see.
  6. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,154
    The real Urban Meyer died of a myocardial infarction at Shands on December 26, 2009. He was replaced by an evil clone who broke the football program at UF under orders from Birmingham.
  7. OB1

OB1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +37
    Sorry, but he did give up! He bailed out so as not to tarnish his reputation. He could not handle the stress of having to rebuild the team, it was affecting his health, so he quit, twice. Should have let him go the first time.
  8. MtownGator

MtownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +246
    Hell I just want to win the next game we play-- I really can't look that far forward with the O we have had and injuries = I never know what to expect.
  9. gatorlaw71

gatorlaw71 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +128
    Those two things are not inconsistent.

Urban is a great coach, absolutely no question!

He had a fantastic record here, at Utah, and at Bowling Green. Now, going undefeated in two seasons at Ohio State is another great accomplishment ... even if we don't rate the Big 10 Conference very highly in football.

I didn't like him anyway. Never believed a word he said. Thought he was very hypocritical. As a Gator grad, I want my alma mater to have higher standards for character than that. Despite his coaching and his championships, I would have preferred it if he had never come to UF.
  10. LostReptile

LostReptile New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    alabama's offensive and defensive lines, RBs and WRs will be much better than fla next year. DBs are about equal and alabama will be breaking in a new QB.
  11. tilly

tilly Well-Known Member

Wilmington, NC (Jax Native...raised on the Gulf)
    Ratings Received:
    +2,239
    Well for one, you cite Tennessee as a reason for your belief. Will has really dominated them. No reason to think that would change. They are the one rival we continue to own.
  12. phideltgator

phideltgator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +251
    Muschamp is not a cool head. He gets frustrated easily and falls apart. We need a coach that can face the enemy and lead his troops in combat with 100% confidence.
  13. g8trjax

g8trjax Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +289
    If the Gators lose a bunch of guys to injury next year and we make no progress, do you again give him the benefit of the doubt? This could go on forever.
  14. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +767
    I said possibly because, if the offense isn't fixed and drastically fixed then I think next year will be his last year. I like him but this offense has not done anything since he's been here.
  15. broncogators

broncogators Member

Ratings Received:
    +69
    I don't see any team for the SEC east winning the SEC in the next 3 years.
  16. GeomatGator

GeomatGator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +16
    "Coach Muschamp: When I saw that we hired you I was very upset due to your clinics while you were at Auburn on "How to stop Florida's offense." Yes you did stop our offense very well while there but yes I was holding a grudge. From the day you got here and every time I hear you speak and your excitement about coaching our Gators, working your tale off and being a straight shooter, you are now one of my all time favorite coaches. Thanks coach."

DadX4 You seriously need to update your sig lol...
  17. CockyInSeattle

CockyInSeattle Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +178
    I really tried hard to resist posting in this thread. I have no right to post on a gator board. Before the game I believed Will would rock UGA. I was a WM fan. You're supposed to relish in a rivals failure. But Florida's offense is basically offensive. Not sure why, but UF isn't UF without an offense. Next time someone suggests hiring a defensive coordinator as head coach, no. Seriously Florida without an O is like that Kardashian girl without an ass.
  18. AFCyberGator

AFCyberGator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +144
    No. They keep building a team of undisciplined underachievers. That will not change under an undisciplined, underachieving head coach.
  19. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,056
    Lol!
  20. bearshark

bearshark Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    Meyer is coaching in comfort where osu is the only team in the little 10 ranked in the top 15. He gave UF three great years which is one longer than the previous jobs at BG and Utah. Urb checked out after 08, realized in 09 tough sledding was ahead, 2010 said the team was broken and he was going to fix it then I am in poor health and want to spend time with family, soon after took job at ESPN to survey best opportunity to rise to the top again, took job at osu and by all accounts has done an outstanding job. He left because he had SABANITIS and could not take the week in and week out grind in the SEC...... CHAMP needs to find an average of 35 points a game or higher to be successful as GATOR HBC. OC, Pease was an improvement over Cheeseburger Charlie in '12 but '13 our team before injuries was painful to watch. All three years of ChimpChamp has an offense ranked in the triple digits which is not going to cut the mustard. A balance attack is a good offense and good defense however ChimpChamp believes in the keep away philosophy in which the offense holds the ball and wins time of possession and defense holds the other team less than 20 points. ChimpChamp forgot about the scoreboard meaning you have to score more points than you opponent to WIN the GAME.