Dimaite looking formidable (Womens basketball)

Discussion in 'Women of the Swamp' started by crapgame44, Aug 3, 2014.

1. crapgame44

crapgame44 Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
  2. enviroGator

enviroGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +358
    I sure hope she can too.

I think the Gators are looking at a good season if we can keep everyone healthy and enrolled.

There has been a notable lack of transfers this season (other than Mercer who was really a casualty of last season) which bodes well.

Hoping we can turn the corner.
  3. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +91
    I really think Dimaite is a sort of x-factor this year. The great news is that without her we'd still have two posts compared to none last year. If she stays healthy though we have the ability to go very big with the roster at times. Copeland or Lorenzen at the 4.... Dimaite at the 5.... Williams at the 3 where she can flourish instead of playing as an undersized and out of position 5. I am really curious to see who plays where as Lewis is really more of a 3 as well and we have a lot of guards vying for the 1-2 spots. I think Peoples, Lewis, and Williams are starters for sure.
  4. crapgame44

crapgame44 Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    Agreed with all the above especially the "X factor". Dimaite has had 2 seasons of preparation (not even including this one) in which the coaching staff was extremely happy with her progress up to the injury points. She would have to be the most prepared player both mentally and physically the team has ever had, (she even worked out with the Gators while attending The Rock School in high school in Gainesville. ) Keep in mind can shift easily to the 4 if needed and has good outside shooting ability also. Yes, with the 2 other post freshman we should be much more balanced position wise then we have been in a long time. The new post attack coupled with the even more experienced core of Williams, Peoples, Needles , Miller, Bannister and Lewis should make this a very competitive squad.
  5. bigtifosi

bigtifosi Member

Ratings Received:
    +52
    Hope she has a healthy year as she deserves it. I've got my platinum card and can't wait for the season to begin.