Diets I Endorse

Discussion in 'Gator Country Health and Fitness' started by Dreamliner, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,644
    Granted, these aren't perfect diets. So, I offer my own two cents as to how to enhance them. But it's hard to argue with diets that take off tons of weight and improved their health markers considerably:

TWINKIE DIET: university of Kansas nutrition professor, Mark Haub, lost 27 lbs. in 10 weeks on Twinkies and other sugar snacks. Highly-sugared foods comprised two-thirds his diet. He did have one protein shake a day and either a can of green beans or a few celery stalks.

Tweak: I might have added pretzels for a bit of savory.

ALL-POTATO DIET: Chris Vogt lost 21 pounds in 60 days eating only potatoes. During that period his cholesterol dropped 67 points. He ate 20 potatoes a day and added only seasoning and cooking oil.

Tweak: I might have added a bag of M&M's for a sugary jolt. And didn't the man realize that eating only potatoes for 60 days would kill him ?!

MCDONALD'S DIET: Dan Gorske has recently polished off his 20,000th Big Mac. That's all he eats. 2.03 Big Macs per day on average and as many as nine in a single day. He's 6-2 180 and his total cholesterol is 140.

Tweak: I'd add fries for variety and the occasional sugared soda. 140 cholesterol strikes me as a little low.

SUBWAY DIET: Jared Fogle lost ... wait for it - 245 lbs. in 11 months eating two Subway sandwiches a day. Fogle is literally not half the man he used to be. And a Subway diet is wholly to blame.

Tweak: would it have killed Jared to have added in the occasional macadamia nut cookie. They're dee-lish! One of my staples.
  2. G8RBrave

G8RBrave Super Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +20
    I endorse any diet as long as the dieter understands that the diet itself is just a psychological ploy to reduce calories. Also, diets give people structure for calorie reduction, which is a good thing as well.
  3. Dreamliner

Ratings Received:
    +1,644
    Haub, a fairly large man, got under 1,800 calories a day on his Twinkie Diet. Vogt, a 200-pounder, got less than 1,600 calories a day, the first three weeks of his Potato Diet, and had to struggle to meet his criteria of 2,200 calories a day the rest of the way. Gorske gets under 1,100 calories on his Big Mac Diet and Jared only got 1,000 calories a day on his Subway Diet.
  4. Dreamliner

Ratings Received:
    +1,644
    Correction on Gorske. He maintains that Big Macs constitute 90% of his food intake. So, I apologize to the man for insinuating that he doesn't get enough variety in his diet.
  5. enviroGator

enviroGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +331
    I've considered doing a frozen dinner diet (most likely Healthy Choice) because 1) they would be easy to shop for 2) reasonable variety and most importantly 3) easy to determine calorie in take.

At about 250 cal per, I could have 6 per day on a 1500 calorie diet. Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack.

I think I would have a hard time being hungry on that diet.

Edit: Having typed this up and reviewing Healthy Choice's website, I'm thinking.... maybe it is time to give this a try!
  6. Dreamliner

Ratings Received:
    +1,644
    Go for it! One of my clients is doing Lean Cuisine and is having good success. Just don't make the critical mistake of eating anything else but Healthy Choice. Yes, people actually do that. They have what they call their meals. Then, anything else they eat somehow doesn't count. :whoa:

Another client of mine lost roughly 40 pounds in twelve weeks rotating her favorite six frozen dinners. She'd eat three one day and three the next.
  7. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +363
    I think CF4L had success doing the same right?

But seriously yall, why bother dieting when you can try this:

http://www.coolsculpting.com/

Just take one look at that website and try telling me it doesn't sound awesome.
  8. Dreamliner

Ratings Received:
    +1,644
    That does sound cool. Not that there's actually such a thing as 'stubborn fat.'
  9. chrisleakfan4life

chrisleakfan4life Gator Highlights

Ratings Received:
    +17
    Thats what i did when i first started, that combined with vitamin water zero and sobe life water zero

Sent from my iPhone using GatorCountry