Did Urban snitch on Brian White and UF for an alleged secondary violation?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GATORAZ, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,567
    Exactly.

Someone from another SEC team said "paraphrasing" - urban Meyer is a bastard, but I wish he was our bastard....

He's yours (OSU) now.

People change... and I love what he did for Florida Football, but he's not the Gators' coach, and he's not even a Gator. He's changed and he's gone, so I don't care any more about what he does.

All he is now is a coach for the team I despise the most, OSU.
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,567
    Can we send him to OSU too?
  3. warhorsegator

warhorsegator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +204
    You are either naive or do not understand the competition among lawyers for clients and to win -- and likely do not understand coaching. I have been friends with UF coaches over the decades because I once was a prime person in Atlanta who entertained/assisted them when such was allowed.

I trust you live in a rural area where the attorneys are not engaged in aggressive advertising for business. The fiduciary responsibility is owed to a client and has nothing to do with competition. It has been my experience that coaches do not aim the barbs at a place where they recently departed. Perhaps your wide experience shows otherwise.

At any rate your responses on this thread certainly has helped you gain post count. Congratulations on that achievement, even if most posters have successfully rebutted your assertions. :grin:
  4. PIMking

PIMking New Member

Ratings Received:
    +894
    yeah Three weeks later he was working for ESPN scouting his new digs.
  5. PIMking

PIMking New Member

Ratings Received:
    +894
    there was a recruit that stated the reason why he chose us was because Muschamp never sad a bad thing about any other coach or school the whole time. Unlike that used dbag Meyer
  6. PIMking

PIMking New Member

Ratings Received:
    +894
    Bama has had their share, they had a player get shot the night before the 2009 season, they have a guy that admitted to being paid at UA, they have a player that retired 3 years into the NFL because he couldn't stop being a thug.

It wouldn't surprise me what went under the rug with the fact that Bama puts football winning above everything including family.
  7. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,727
    Now that's funny. We all know how things go down in Tuscaloosa. Only one thing matters there and you know it. Do not sit here and tell us differently. Football is bigger than religion there. Please.... Lol
  8. PIMking

PIMking New Member

Ratings Received:
    +894
    I live here, I know better...

But it's not like they're not getting sweet suits for free either
  9. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,930
    This is true Zach a nice column out about Mushamp not negative recruiting.

At the same time l we just had a recruit this year say he dropped us because the staff said bad things about Miami.

I am firmly in the Muscahmp corner and I wanted Meyer to leave. That being said I am not naive enough to believe one man is pure evil while the other is an angel
  10. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,930
    terribly wrong assumptions
  11. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,930
    right because his goal was to get away from the stress of coaching which he thought was killing him
  12. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,727
    Gatoraz, you are the most naive person I've ever met. (Through the Internet) lol Open your eyes, man. Goodness... Meyer could sleep with your girlfriend and you'd probably shake his hand as he walked out the door.
  13. SECund2nun

SECund2nun Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +921
    GATORAZ, you can defend Meyer until you are blue, but the bottomline is that Meyer:

*Ditched us for OSU, then started recruiting our commits (Muschamp did not recruit any Texas commit for that recruiting season when he left them)

*Reported us for an alleged violation of bumping, which turned out to be false and ironic because Meyer has been accused of bumping. To make it worse UF is his former employer and the assistant he accused is his former employee. That is unheard of to turn your former assistant and team in. Not even you can make an excuse for that. Muschamp would never turn Texas in. But then again Meyer isn't the best guy.

And no, not all coaches are equally slimy just like not all players are equally dirty, slimy. Would you compare Tony Dungy with Lane Kiffin? They are both coaches after all, so according to you they are equally slimy right?

Would you compare Tebow to Hernandez? They are all both players after all right? Not everyone are equals like you make it out to be. People have different morals, personalities, characteristics, and styles. To assume that all coaches have equal morals is insane and inaccurate.

Urban Liar is a good name for him.
  14. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,930
    Where have I defended him? I said they are all like this. That isnt saying it is right. It is a culture that the need to win has created. I am sure Muscahmp would like to recruit players that he knows dont drink or smoke weed. But he knows if he does that he will lose games and be fired.

Dungy coaches in the NFL there is a big difference they buy and sell players not recruit them.

Maybe I need to make it clear of course they are not the exact same but most of these guys are wired in the same fashion.

Urabn didnt change the day he left UF he was that way when he got here but nobody said anything then. When Muschamp leaves that is when people will point out all the character flaws.
  15. bamascott2

bamascott2 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    Mine is absolutely an opinion. I'm sure that the TPD cuts the players a break up there, much like GPD probably does for UF's players here. Apparently, much of the reasoning here is that UF's arrest rate is high is due to targeting of players by the GPD/UPD.
  16. bamascott2

bamascott2 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    Matt Pachen ring a bell? And I didn't realize that getting shot was a chargeable offense.

Is there hard evidence of this, or was he simply disgruntled? Or did you make that up?

I guess Rolando McClain is our AH, eh?

See Urban Meyer at UF. :grin:
  17. MaceoP

MaceoP Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +301
    No matter what your opinion of UM is, the fact that UM stated the OSU compliance officer submitted the complaint about Brian White.. And.. none of the OSU coaching staff were involved is simply incredulous!!.
  18. g8tr96

g8tr96 Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +846

So I guess you're going to say all the autographs were just favors from the players to this fine upstanding businessman who is such a loyal Bama fan.

Yeah...we get it. Bama does nothing wrong. It's only jealousy from rival fans :lie:

[​IMG]

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/07/why_did_so_many_alabama_footba.html

We found Tom Albetar outside T-Town Menswear, the high-end clothing store he owns.
    I introduced myself, shook his hand and before I could ask a question, Albetar said, "I can't talk to you."
    I introduced Gould and explained that, with so many people discussing Albetar's relationship with current and former Alabama football players, we wanted to give him a chance to tell his side of the story.
    "No comment," Albetar said, and he walked away into the Belk store at that end of the mall.
  19. bamascott2

bamascott2 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    I did not say this...of course we have our issues.

But hey, believe what you will. :grin:
  20. gatorlaw71

gatorlaw71 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +128
    Wrong.

Not exactly. Part of the reason is that criticizing strategy and tactics are OK, but board rules prohibit anything strongly criticizing the character of current staff and players. However, from time to time, you will get some disapproving posts, phrased very carefully so they don't violate board rules.

Board rules aside, fans of your own school don't like that kind of post either. Those posts are scathingly attacked in every way possible.

So for both reasons, you'll only get a frank, completely unfiltered discussion about what people really thought about him after a coach leaves.

Of course, over the top bashing of the character of a rival school's program, their players and their coaches, is not only accepted, it's expected.

You see the same thing in the business world all the time. People can be very subtle about what they think about the boss, his way of doing business, his style, his policies, or his decisions. It's only when a new boss comes in that you'll hear what everyone really thought about the previous boss. Sometimes it's ugly.