Did Urban snitch on Brian White and UF for an alleged secondary violation?

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by GATORAZ, Jul 3, 2013.

1. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,288
    why do you believe these things about the other coaches but not Meyer?
  2. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta

Ratings Received:
    +1,710
    AZ, your friendly neighborhood Urban Meyer apologist.. LMAO
  3. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +613
    I read that today myself - what an ass.
  4. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,288
    nope
    • Like Like x 1
  5. jdubb34

jdubb34 Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    I know I appreciated Urban's time here and what we accomplished. On the other hand, I dreaded the summer as it was a certainty that there were going to be arrests. The numbers seemed to swell every summer. I don't think it is debatable that Urban ran a program that showed favoritism to his inner circle players and there was an overall lack of complete control over his players. Urban himself stated he left he program broken and wouldn't send his son there. Most, if not all coaches, have favorites. No surprise there. But it seems that with Urban, at times, the players were running things.

AZ is right that the pool of athletes, top level athletes especially, comes with some baggage. To me, smoking weed, driving with suspended licensed and underage drinking is more closely related to what kids in the 18-23 year range will do while in school and isn't mutual exclusive to top athletes. But, a former 5 star recruit will draw more attention with their discretions than a sophomore Chemistry major that gets popped for underage drinking. It's the nature of the beast.

Muschamp undoubtedly has more control over his players and the program. He has also shown that he will kick off one of the, if not the, best players on the team (Janoris Jenkins) because he cannot get himself together. JJ stated after his dismissal that Urban wouldn't have kicked him off the team.

There will always be athletes, in all sports, at UF that do dumb things. However, the last few summers have been far less stressful as the fear of weekly occurrences regarding football players has decreased quite a bit. Doesn't mean that there will never be another one, but the numbers have decreased.
  6. gatorchamp27

gatorchamp27 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +11
    I know I cant be the only person, who wonders if UM even knows what he wants. Is UF his dream job, is Notre Dame his dream job, is osu his dream job? Why are all of his tenures so short? How is it that when his legacy is on the verge of being cemented he takes off? A conference with Saban, UM, Miles and Spurrier, facing off was epic and could have cemented his name as the greatest coach in our era not Saban. But who bounced? Why does this man deviate from his own recruiting style? How did John Brantley ever put on a UF uniform under UM and his spread option offense? Why would his own family make him sign a contract before coaching? Has he sold them a bad bill of goods as well? Who takes a job at a premier school with true academic prestige in a conference, that happens to be the best conference in America and then complains about not being part of UF? He was the HC correct? He did assemble the roster and staff correct? So how does he complain about the environment and locker room being fractured? It was his locker room. He was the HC correct? All Im saying is the man had it made here, the only benefit i see at osu is not having to compete with other elite schools in state on the field and off of it. He must want it handed to him. What kind of man complains about the environment he created but does nothing to save it except run? How does he care about the kids now? He wouldnt even send his son here, really? That was the program Foley hired him to guide and create and then leave and then speak ill of? No new friends no new new :no: :no:
  7. denny_crane

denny_crane Member

Ratings Received:
    +51
  8. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,288
    It just seems like you are mad that Urban left. He left because it was time for him to go and he thought he was dying.

Brantley was one of the top QB's in the nation out of high school and we ran the spread fine with Leak. Brantley would have never been QB if Cam was still on the team. It is just the nature of college football. All of these coaches are the same. People are jjust happy when they are coaching their team and winning. I still dont get why people are upset he left when they also think he was not doing well with the program
  9. gatorchamp27

gatorchamp27 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +11
    Im not upset he left, I was thrilled by that point. If you believe that man was dying, then you are way off. He had some bad indigestion because Timmy was graduating and he had no backup plan. So just because a kids a top qb according to whomever I guess he deserved an offer in UM's system. Get outta here with shouldve, wouldve couldve. Cam left so next man up. And the system with leaked worked great once Timmy got there. Them man wasnt dying he was lying and trying to find a way out of town so he didnt have to fix the mess he created. Im done talking about this dude.
  10. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,288
    He thought stress was killing him which is nothing new to the world. Dont act like you didnt see his physical change. You believe a man fakes 911 calls I dont. Yes he wanted out I really dont see a problem with that people change jobs all the time. He actually did help fix the mess with better recruiting classes his last two years.

System worked with or without Tim. Tim was used as a fullback. Leak was the one that was leading that team.
  11. GatorRider

GatorRider Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +49
    No taking away from Meyer's record at UF....however his judgement is questionable...on many levels.
  12. PIMking

PIMking New Member

Ratings Received:
    +895
    He had two great seasons then a 1 loss season that was ended with a sugar bowl win and others were so-so. don't let two national titles fog that your memory
  13. gatorchamps0607

Ratings Received:
    +1,710
    I knew that someday Urban may possibly be in the ring of honor, even though I would be against it. My only reason is how he left our program and a year later is at OSU. However, after this incident, assuming its true, does this basically remove all chances that he gets inducted?
  14. ofmgator

ofmgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +144
    While he was here he did us all well with two NC and SecC but he left under les then honorable circumstances which showed his flawed character. He turns on his loyalty and then turns it off like it was a light switch.
  15. whitelakegator

whitelakegator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +20
    Urban...still snakeoil salesman of the year. Dude is a lowlife of the highest order. He was a hired gun and that's it. I won't be surprised to hear he helped cover up incidents while at UF. Anyone who defends this guy after this and how he left our program should be ashamed.
  16. JohnC1908

JohnC1908 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +786
    Urbs claims he didn't know OSU turned UF in.

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20130703/ARTICLES/130709889
  17. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,288
    He was never loyal none of the coaches are. The circumstances he left UF under were not really that bad. He left UF with a young talneted roster
  18. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,288
    Meyer -- 'Absolutely not true that I turned in the University of Florida'

By TIM MAY

Urban Meyer has opted to keep his thoughts to himself about the Aaron Hernandez situation, at least for now, but this afternoon he wanted to set the record straight on being accused of turning in his former school Florida for a secondary recruiting violation.

“It is absolutely not true that I turned in the University of Florida,” th Ohio State coach said in a text message to The Dispatch.

An article on the blog site Outkick the Coverage early today alleged that Meyer turned in Florida assistant Brian White, whom he had hired while head coach at Florida, for “a ‘bump violation,’ which means communicating with (Brooklyn, N.Y., running back/defensive back Curtis) Samuel during a no-contact period between coaches and recruits” earlier this year.

What happened, according to an OSU spokesman, is someone in the OSU compliance office read an article on a recruiting site that indicated there might have been such occurrence, and the OSU compliance office sent a note to the Big Ten office to make it aware of the possible violation. Schools report such things to their league offices all the time, said the spokesman, who added that Meyer was not aware of the report until well after it was done. White was found not to have committed a violation.
  19. gatorchamps0607

Ratings Received:
    +1,710
    Of course he would deny it...
  20. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,288
    It comes down to who you would believe Meyer who will say anything or Clay Travis who will write and slant anything