Did Urban snitch on Brian White and UF for an alleged secondary violation?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GATORAZ, Jul 3, 2013.

1. gatorchamp27

gatorchamp27 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +11
    The man won games true indeed, but saying he did his job is an over statement. How many kids ended up in jail? In what direction was the program heading in when he left? There is more to being an HC than just winning ball games.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Gulfsailinggator

Gulfsailinggator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    Saban crushed him. Fake chest problems. BS story about being with family (I won't get into the sordid rumors of that), and left, came back and left like a coward. He is not a Gator. He is a disgrace
  3. gator1986

gator1986 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +570
    Sordid rumors.... Like he was poking a co-Ed?!?
  4. SeaCay

SeaCay Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +337
    Boom.

(Rep)
  5. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    He was brought in to win football games. Most of the kids went to jail for drinking or weed typical college kid stuff that is and will continue to happen with Muschamp. And if you are going to blame that on Meyer which is fair you have to give Foley some of the blame which it seems nobody is willing to do.

There is a reason every SEC school tends to have these problems. They are all picking from the same pool of kids. Now Meyer and Muscahmp can go get a whole bunch of kids who will never drink and never leave their house but they wont win football games. They can only be around these kids for a very limited amount of time
  6. Gulfsailinggator

Gulfsailinggator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    Wouldn't mind seeing machem go too
  7. SeaCay

SeaCay Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +337
    I think we're stuck with him for the time being. Perhaps Foley could put a boot up his butt about loosening up hassles for on campus game day activities.
  8. JohnC1908

JohnC1908 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +788
    So the players did whatever they wanted, at least Bernie has prevented all those violent people who wander 3 feet from their tailgate with their solo cup.
  9. gatorchamp27

Ratings Received:
    +11
    Man are you serious? No football coach is brought in solely to win football games, they are brought in to guide programs and to elevate a status. Sure winning is a major part of that, but so is perception. There is a reason for all the arrests, DUI's, fights, threatening and abusing of women, and kids not just failing 1 drug test but multiple tests, it is UM environment of non compliance and zero accountability. While I dont deny that kids will be kids to state that UM and his programs arrest records were simply because we all choose from the same pool of kids is a cop out and a terrible excuse to give.

Does Foley deserve blame, yes indeed but that doesnt clear UM. Foley hired that man to oversee and run a football program, which clearly was a job that was to large for UM. He couldnt handle it and Foley should have recognized that. To say that all UF football players drink and smoke weed and stay out all night, does a serious injustice to kids who arent trouble makers and to the parents who raise their kids better than that. You make recruiting sound like coaches have no choice in the matter. Take the thugs and wins or accept defeat. Lol what a joke.
  10. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    UM's program looks like all the others in the SEC. Look at UGA look at South Carolina look at Auburn look at Bama look at LSU. They all have the same kind of stuff going on . It is the pool of kids they are picking from. That is the reason not Urban Meyer. If the job was too large for Meyer it is too large for Muschamp he is having the same problems.

I didnt say all of them do but if you think most of the kids on the team are not drinking you are nieve. Drinking and smoking weed doesn't make a kid a thug. If that were the case a huge portion on the student body would be thugs.

Do you honestly think one could win the SEC recruiting a team full of kids that would never drink or do drugs?
  11. ga8or22

ga8or22 Eventis sultorum magister. VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +976
    But Champ's recruits so far have gotten into less trouble than Urban's. At this age all kids being away from home under minimum supervision are prone to pull crap. The seriousness of that crap was more serious under Urban than Champ.
  12. gatordavisl

gatordavisl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,329
    As I understand it, this thread is about a reporter, who possesses little credibility, accusing Meyer pointing a finger. If there is any substantiation to this rumor, I'll join in with those who declare this a low-class act on the part of Urban.

The pitch-fork bearing mob, however, makes no sense. If Urban didn't do this, folks on here are just barking up the same tired tree. Good luck Gatoraz. Hope you don't get poked by a pitchfork.

P.S. Ironic how the crowd used to defend Meyer's players' arrest record, noting the minimal offenses. Now, not so much.
  13. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    We did the same thing with Urban "that guy was Zook's recruit" .
  14. gatorchamp27

Ratings Received:
    +11
    I dont care about uga, USC, BAMA, OR LSU. While yes every school has kids who get into trouble, we seemed to get into more while UM was here and on top of that, now we have to deal with the fact that we are investigating whether or not weve covered things up. Look plain and simple young college kids get into trouble, true, but Meyer showed no discipline and no accountability when it came down to his pretty little circle of trust. I mean really we have receivers punching coaches thats a great way to run a program. They acted like a**holes because they had no respect for UM, or the university and why is that because UM didnt either. I never said kids wouldnt try and or experiment we are talking about college kids. Kids do get in trouble, but at some point we should be able to recruit a kid who can make the decision of staying out of trouble, out of the HC doghouse, and out of jail. If a kid cant make a simple decision to not drink and drive especially right before the SEC championship game and isnt scared of any consequences we're recruiting the wrong kids.

Are you honestly telling me that the only way to win is to recruit kids who do drugs and drink?

Hey kid youre an amazing football player cant win with you because you dont drink. What you mean UM? I smoke like crazy I wake and bake everyday.

Ok we're officially offering you a scholly!!! My man!!

The problem wasnt the pool of kids, it was the kids UM was taking out the pool. I have said it before and I will say it again is UM a good recruiter yeah, he won 2 NC's but it doesnt do much good to destroy what you build. :no: UM has always been nieve and a fraud. It wouldnt matter as much if the man just came out and said all I care about is winning. Pure. Plain. Simple. You really think that man cares about family. Ask AH if UM has come to see him in jail. He moved from Florida to Ohio, other than myself who does that?

Now that Ive ranted about UM, i need to read about Lane chomping the competition!!!
  15. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    You are not winning a national championship with a team that has nobody that drinks or does drugs. It will not happen. There are not enough elite athletes in the area that are choirboys. You can be an elite player that doesnt drink and do drugs but there are not enough of them to fill out a championship roster at UF

I do think Urban cares about the kids he recruit but I think he care about winning more just like every coach. I dont think Muschamp or SOS or Saban or Richt is any different.

Why does he need to come out and say something the whole world knows or should know. Do you want every coach in America to do the same?
  16. G8RNTN

G8RNTN VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,903
    Geez.....
  17. gator1986

gator1986 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +570
    What?
  18. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    gatorchamp27 should we gt rid of Muschamp because Morrison punched a man?
  19. gatordavisl

gatordavisl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,329
    You're right. College football players get in trouble. UF coaches have also recruited thousands of players who were able to stay out of trouble. With the exception of the limelight players (Danny Wuerffel, Tim Tebwo, Abby Wambach type players), you never hear about those who avoid trouble.
  20. gatorchamp27

Ratings Received:
    +11
    I think Richt is an ididot but he does genuinely care about his kids, I also think SOS and Saban care about their kids but dont cross the line because they are running programs not daycares. I believe Muschamp does that as well. You mess up you face the consequences. I dont think UM knows how to care about all the kids he recruits, just his favorites and I dont think he is disciplined enough to punish kids who get into trouble unless he absolutely has to. UM seems like a stand in the corner timeout type of guy, and then falls apart when his kids start crying.