Did Urban snitch on Brian White and UF for an alleged secondary violation?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GATORAZ, Jul 3, 2013.

1. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,011
    Using an emoticon after every response doesn't make you look any smarter.
  2. gatordavisl

gatordavisl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,366
    The portion in bold would be highly contended here, but your last statement is correct. There is a consistent feeling among members of this board that UF players are not cut any slack and are, in fact, targeted by GPD. A look at the nature of some of the arrest offenses (throwing a paper cup at a sub shop employee, not getting out of the way of a moving car, numerous suspended license charges) provides a degree of evidence supporting that feeling. Meyer's players' arrest record received a great deal of press, due to the high number of incidences. The majority, however, were minor violations resulting in dropped charges.
  3. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    Interesting that he and Kiffy have become buddies. Tirds of a feather flock together.
  4. warhorsegator

warhorsegator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +204
    The amusing thing is that OSU and Urban look like grade school whiney babies because they complained about conduct that was not unlawful. Even worse, they look like Lane Kiffin who did the same thing about Urban and the telephone call to the WR recruit. If you are going to be whiner -- at least be right.
  5. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,382
    I'd like to take this opportunity to personally thank Commissioner Slive for fining Meyer $30,000. I only wish it had been $30 million.
  6. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    Most fan bases think their local PDs are against the team.
  7. dangolegators

dangolegators Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +873
    Meyer is a creep, but not because he turned us in. I'm actually ok with that because I think coaches should turn other programs in when they see potential violations. But Meyer wants us to believe that he had no knowledge of the OSU compliance office turning UF in until after they had done it. You think the OSU compliance office would turn in Meyer's former program, and turn in an assistant coach Meyer himself had hired, without first consulting with Meyer? Or do you think they would just do that and let Meyer find out about it after the fact. If it's the latter, I've got some prime West Texas waterfront you might be interested in. Meyer is a liar. Thank goodness he's not our problem anymore.
  8. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    The guy who saw the article and turn us in used to work for UF as well. He actually worked for Muschamp for a year. It could happen either way. This is the exact thing Meyer did all the time at UF glad he is gone but more for football reasons than anything else.
  9. GatorSean

GatorSean Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,031
    Totally agree with this. I doubt any head coach at a major program has the time to be reading recruiting sites and then see a possible violation.

But at the same time, I can't fathom an assistant at osu seeing a possible violation at UF and not telling Meyer about it before reporting it.
  10. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    That's small change compared to the $1,000,000 retention bonus Jeremy Foley paid poor, sick little Urban as he was packing up to leave G'ville.
  11. gatorchamp27

gatorchamp27 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +11
    His goal was to get away from a stressful environment he created and couldnt handle fixing, I can see how that would be stressful. I can see how only doing 60% of his job and watching the other 40% ruin him could become stressful. However, Im sure what a doctor told him was stress can kill you but youre health isnt an issue its the stress. Then UM ran with it. ESPN was UM's version of celebrity rehab. In and out
  12. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    What was the 40%? He was clearly trying to do his job if anything he took on a lot more responsibility as the years went on.

He was stressed out because he couldn't figure out how to fix a problem. He thought the stress was killing him. So he ran away from the job. Some people are mad at the last part and I get it I am not. I have seen many a man and company go down the drain because they stuck it out. By him leaving when he did and UF hiring Muschamp it ensured UF not having that same fate.

The truth of that matter is he spent that year off visiting various college and figuring out what he didnt know. Figuring out how to not end up in that same predicament again.
  13. gatorchamp27

Ratings Received:
    +11
    I have always said from day 1 that he can recruit and win ball games, arguably that is a majority of what he was and still is being paid to do. However, management, development and if necessary discipline are all parts of the job description. These kids are student athletes and should conduct themselves in that manner. Skipping class, acting like juvenile delinquents, allegedly shooting individuals, walking around campus stealing, walking around campus with guns, threatening and beating women, etc... is unacceptable behavior for student athletes. For the most part all of these kids are going to SCHOOL for free not some football factory academy and should at least try and stay focused on the reason for which they are there. If not Meyers job was and is to put them on the right path or get rid of em.

I dont have a problem with him running away from the job, Im just not a fan of being lied to. Which is what I have felt he started doing at UF. I also have a problem with him speaking ill of an institution and kids when he is the cause of its troubles. 44 ARRESTS REALLY!!! I dont care he left just shut up and get healthy and resume your life.

That calls into question just how much learning and soul searching a man can do in a year, when he is also supposed to be working. I look at UM the same way I do Rich Rod, they cant help themselves sometimes. They have a players coach personality and not a programs coach personality. I dont care that he took the OSU job especially when it opened up. I mean ow often does a HC job like that come up? I would just appreciate it, if the man would figure out away to stop jabbing UF from a distance and would be honest about himself and his time at UF. Tell the truth or leave it be.

Why is it that of all the other institutions recruiting this man, it has to be UM at osu who alledgedly turns us in? How come it wasnt Rutgers?
  14. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    gatorchamp SOS has like 40 arrests since he has been at South Carolina. These kids are going to get in trouble that is just reality. The coaching staff gets limited time with them during the season. Right now the staff gets ZERO time with these kids. They cannot be around them. That is just the facts.

I am not sure when Urban actually lied. People always said he did but when did he? They all stretch the truth. I look at all of these coaches as the same. When is he not honest about his time at UF?

Ohio state has turned in other institutions this one was leaked because it is a story that would get page clicks and people talking . OSU turning in Cal is not a story. This stuff literally happens everyday. And this is the one time we hear about it think about that.
  15. gatorchamp27

Ratings Received:
    +11
    Do you believe that fear of punishment is a good deterent, because under UM there seemed to be no fear of punishment? Under UM our kids consistently placed their hands on hot stoves because they knew if they were playmakers, it wouldnt burn. I never said SOS wasnt an enabler as well, but this isnt about him its about UM? Any man who constantly compares himself with another man isnt a Man. He is a poser trying to copy one. Do you think UM should be running around saying tis ok because SOS did it too. :no:
  16. largartos

largartos Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +121
    It is going to be interesting to see if the thug mentality he recruited at Florida will ultimately raise its ugly head for the bucknuts. They have already shown a propensity to attract bad eggs.
  17. number1

number1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +442
    Just like LSU fans and Nick Saban, our fans still want to believe we were done wrong by our former coach.
  18. number1

number1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +442
    Have you not seen that even Vanderbilt has had a problem with their players acting like thugs? It happens everywhere, it is not just an Urban Meyer or UF problem.
  19. gatorchamp27

Ratings Received:
    +11
    The whole point of these forums is for people to express their opinions genius. This is no different than a healthy debate at a barber shop. God forbid fans and alumni having varying ideals of how and what is acceptable representation of the university they love. As far as him being an UM supporter or a fake gator, I really wouldnt care about either and isnt my place to judge. Im sure nobody looses sleep over whether or not someone who posts on this forum is fake.
  20. PIMking

PIMking New Member

Ratings Received:
    +894
    Well, OSU fans should be pissed considering that everywhere he goes now on and if he slips up everyone will be turning him in