DHS worker declaring war on some Americans

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gator85jd, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,641
    This sounds reasonable enough to me.
  2. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,911
    I have not a clue what you're trying to argue about. I said the guy should be fired and placed on a terrorist watch list. And you're somehow trying to claim that I'm trying to deflect the issue away from him.
    My statement is quite simple and clear.
  3. northgagator

northgagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +121
    Question: Would you questioned the authority of DHS for firing Kimathi over his off duty off site web site had he been a white supremest and hairs site call called for the murders of white people?
  4. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,911
    Yes.
    Now a question: Does an employer have full, unquestioned and absolute authority to fire someone over what the employee posted online?

And keep in mind, while apparently trying to disagree with my claim that there are questions about an employers right to fire in such cases, you posted this:
  5. northgagator

northgagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +121
    Answer: I never said anything about "unquestioned and absolute authority to fire someone over what the employee posted online".

Your question was disingenuous in that you expect me to debate that personal conduct outside of the workplace is 100% hands off or hands on for the employer.

Employers have a right to protect themselves against slander or libel. They also have the right to protect themselves when an employee's actions that are off the clock and or off the job site against anyone are malicious.

What are they protecting? The answer is: their employees, good will, business relations, stock price) and other assets (tangible and intangible)

However there are guidelines and rules that have to be followed. Why? To protect the rights of all parties.

Basically anyone (person, club, corporation) has the right to protect themselves against libel and slander. In this case Kimahi's web site advocates actions that are malicious to white people. To be more precise white people who are Americans. Kimathi's employer is DHS. The purpose of DHS is to protect all Americans. Has no choice but to terminate or suspend Kimathi. If DHS turned a blind eye to Kimathi's off the job malicious activities then they would be at a risk for being libel if Kimathi actions cause injury or death to an American citizen.

Here are some guidelines:

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?rd=1&word=Libel and Slander

Everyone of sound mind should be held accountable for conduct that is deliberate and harmful to others. These types of transgressions can be settled in criminal or civil court as well as in the HR department of an employer.