DFS and Harris Out For Wiski

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by 108, Nov 8, 2013.

1. 108

108 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,216
    To go along with Scottie

Per BD post game
  2. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +399
    Yeah, that seems likely to be a really unpleasant game. Oh well. That's the advantage of college basketball's regular season: getting thumped on the road in November is largely irrelevant.

And hey, if we play lights out and steal one, all the better.
  3. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,427
    I was expecting that already.
  4. austingtr

austingtr VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +463
    Oh well.

I hope Wisky lays an egg lol. We are going to struggle I think.
  5. gogators73

gogators73 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +27
    Wisconsin laying a beat down on St. Johns right now.
  6. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,977
    Ugh. The group today looked much better than a week ago, but we simply don't have the bodies in the paint or the floor spacing to do the kind of stuff we want right now. Not sure we can get much work in between now and Tuesday to overcome it, either.

Glad Frazier is back, though. With him, we have a decent group in the backcourt and he can give us some minutes at the three, as well. Young, Yeguete, Prather, and a few minutes from Kurtz at the four and five, Prather, Walker, and a few minutes from Frazier at the three, and Hill, Frazier, Carter, and Graham in the backcourt. The big concerns will be what happens if either Young or Yeguete get in foul trouble and how we run our offense without Hill.
  7. RD_gator

RD_gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +127
    Against Wisconsin, Florida will just have to take their medicine from being so short handed. The Badgers will probably play a lot of zone and try to slow the game down. This year's version of the Gators probabily will not be so great from the perimeter like previous UF teams. I am not sure if Prather will have another strong game playing that dribble-drive, slashing style but he may be the Gators' best overall player right now. Florida will need a stronger showing from Young than this first game; Yeguete still looked a little slow in the post as he is still recovering. It might be better for UF to have Prather to work from both the 4 & 3 against Wisky.
  8. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +417
    There is no reason we can't beat Wisconsin...

Obviously we have to play much better than we did today and Young and Hill need to stay out of foul trouble, but we will still have more than enough talent to compete and I expect us to win the game.

That is how scary we might be come Tourney time!
  9. dailydoublecat

dailydoublecat <font color=blue>Respected Rival</font>

Ratings Received:
    +626
    What time is your game in Tuesday?
  10. GatorsGators

GatorsGators Member

Ratings Received:
    +25
    I'm not expecting much on Tuesday... They handled a St John's team that was expected to be much improved fairly easily tonight. The most surprising part? Wisconsin scored 86 points.

They went 11-23 from beyond the arc and we've struggled mightily to defend the three.

On the road, I'd just be satisfied if we keep it close... We're too short-handed to beat a very good team on the road right now.
  11. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,427
    Welcome back for another season Jeff.

Next game is at 9 PM.
  12. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,977
    Sort of where I am, as much as anything because of how disappointed Donovan seems with the group--and really has since the beginning of practice. You can tell he does not like what he sees and, as he put it today, the "sense of entitlement" he senses. He wants to see some competitiveness and grit, especially when things aren't going their way.

We have enough talent to win most of our games when we get a full complement of kids healthy and eligible. But our ability to be compete on a national stage in March will require a real transformation over the course of the season.
  13. BuckyGator

BuckyGator Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    Bo Ryan generally plays strictly man-to-man, so any zone would be extremely rare. Tuesday will be interesting becuz wisconsins strength is definitely not inside...you saw a bunch of perimeter guys have solid games against St. John's. Kaminsky is really their only big guy with any experience. So in that sense it's a decent matchup for gators to be short-handed inside.

Badgers look to have a lot of good outside shooters - that will be critical. Most talented player is easily Dekker - will be one of the best in the big ten as a sophomore.
  14. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +594
    Whenever I watch Wisconsin, it seems like every guy on the team is a good 3-point shooter. The Gators need to really step it up on the perimeter, but 3 days is just not enough to realistically expect that kind of improvement.

Oh well, it'll be fun anyway.
  15. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +819
    If we had our full compliment of players you guys would be a LOT less worried right? I don't watch Wisconsin much so maybe it was an outlier but they didn't even belong on the court with us last year.
  16. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +594
    Not worried about it all. This is a good game for the Gators and we'll get more out of losing this than we got out of beating UNF.

We were clearly superior to Wisconsin last season. But this is a new season. Right now I see them winning it, but I'm not conceding the game just yet. If we played them in March, I would project Florida as the winner.
  17. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,976
    Hi Jeff.
    What's your take on the Cats and Michigan State next Tuesday?
  18. BLING

BLING Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +89
    If we had our full compliment of players it would still be a battle. That's a tough place to play. Even for an elite team to go in there and win.

With how short handed we are, people aren't just worried about losing (most rational people probably would be shocked with a win). We need to be worried about a BEAT DOWN.
  19. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,977
    Gee, we are shorthanded, but they aren't exactly a national title caliber team, nor are we that shorthanded. We will have a decent 8-9 man rotation with no depth at the five or the one. I highly doubt we beat them, but I would be somewhat surprised to see them blow us out.
  20. GatorsGators

GatorsGators Member

Ratings Received:
    +25
    It'd be tough for us to beat them even with our full roster. They're not great, but they're a Top 25-caliber team, and we're playing them on the road.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they blow us out.