Devin Robinson to visit this weekend

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by InstiGATOR1, Oct 10, 2013.

1. InstiGATOR1

InstiGATOR1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +47
    RushTheCourt evaluation of Robinson:

Here is the link:

http://rushthecourt.net/2013/10/25/...uke-cliff-alexander-off-to-illinois-and-more/

Also on 247 three of the last four predictions have been for UF. Of course we saw that before about a month or so ago.
  2. gator_gary

gator_gary Member

Ratings Received:
    +43
    I saw that on 247. I keep hearing positive stuff. I think we are the perfect system for him.
  3. InstiGATOR1

Ratings Received:
    +47
    Yes, UF and Robinson are a good fit. So it this positive trend is completely understandable from that perspective.
  4. InstiGATOR1

Ratings Received:
    +47
    IU took a commitment from forward Max Hoetzel today:

5. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,279
    They play same position?
  6. GatorRade

GatorRade Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +765
    I don't know anything about Hoetzel, but he and Robinson seem to be similarly sized.

Max Hoetzel - 6'7", 210 lbs
    Devin Robinson - 6'8", 180 lbs
  7. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +416
    I'll be more than happy if we pick up Robinson, but the impression I'm getting is that Robinson is tall, but he's not really a "big," in the sense we usually talk about, is he?
  8. REM08

REM08 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +641
    He's not a "big" right now, but some say his future is as a face-up four and not as a wing player. I agree with this. I don't think he is the ball handler you'd want a 3 to be. He's going to gain weight/strength - which he needs to. He's definitely a multi-year guy and will need to really develop, one way or another, to keep from being a tweener entering the NBA. Just my take.
  9. Singaporegator

Singaporegator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +158
    In the sense that Cory Brewer & Chandler Parsons were not "really" bigs? OK, I'll take that.

Sent from my iPad using GatorCountry
  10. MadduxFanII

Ratings Received:
    +416
    Right, this is sort of what I'm getting at. You take a Parsons or a Brewer every day of the week, of course. It's just that, to the extent we're worried about the four and five spots over the next couple years, Robinson, while a useful piece, isn't going to do a lot to address those concerns without significant improvement. And, of course, Billy's helped a lot of big guys/kinda big guys experience "significant improvement," so that's far from out of the question.
  11. gator_gary

gator_gary Member

Ratings Received:
    +43
    Interesting stuff going on. Arizona took the commitment from Kadeem Allan, the number 1 JUCO recruit in the nation. Kadeem is a shooting guard. This means that Justice Winslow is likely down to Duke and Florida. Duke probably leads here, but I could hypothetically see a situation in which we take Robinson and Winslow. Would be pretty incredible. Winslow just visited Duke over the weekend, so he probably told Sean he is going there, but you know he likes Billy D. Should be an interesting next couple of weeks until the end of the early period. Seems like it's the old one in hand is better than none at all with Billy and Sean. Maybe though, just maybe, we could convince Winslow to join.
  12. Bullis33

Bullis33 VIP Member VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +996
    Allan does not effect AZ pursuit of Winslow at all...Winslow, even at 6'5-6'6 is a SF all the way in CBB, and Zona still hard after Winslow and Stanley Johnson at SF in 14....

13. Bullis33

Ratings Received:
    +996
    And as far as I know, Crean is still going in-home with Robinson tomorrow night, the night before the announcement, which always makes me nervous
  14. InstiGATOR1

Ratings Received:
    +47
    And he may well say, see we, IU, have taken a 4 in Hoetzel, so you can be sure you will be a 3 at IU.
  15. gator_gary

gator_gary Member

Ratings Received:
    +43
    Allan most definitely affects Winslow. Arizona will still recruit Winslow, but it's a numbers game now. We know Stanley Johnson is going to Zona, Rondae will be back, so there you have the three position. Then at the 2, senior nick Johnson will return, gabe York, Elliot Pitts, and now Allan. Not a lot of PT there.

In the alternative, Florida is pretty loaded. Carter, Frazier, graham, Francis at the 2. DFS, maybe Robinson at the 3. If we don't land Robinson we could make a strong push for Winslow. Even if we land Robinson, we could still sell him on the Winslow and Robinson show at the 3.
  16. gator_gary

gator_gary Member

Ratings Received:
    +43
    I do agree with Bullis that it is not good that Crean is going in home the night before the announcement. Could mean either a last ditch pitch or Crean is going in to reassure Robinson.

Hoetzel would be a pretty small 4 at 6'7. He can shoot it really well I hear. Seems like not much difference between he and Robinson besides the fact that Robinson would get broken in half in the big 10. Robinson's athleticism is probably better suited for the SEC.
  17. Bullis33

Ratings Received:
    +996
    UK may very well land Johnson...but you make good points!

18. gator_gary

gator_gary Member

Ratings Received:
    +43
    Johnson did visit UK, but most feel only out of courtesy. UK guys are conceding Johnson to Arizona. Stanley Johnson is an Oakland Soldier, huge pipeline to Arizona. Miller has been on Johnson forever. Johnson has numerous 'women' at Arizona that say extremely promiscuous things to him (nice looking ones too). The first and last things out of his mouth have always been Arizona. Stan has tried repetitively to get Winslow to go to Arizona. Cal turned him off too with his idiotic comments on UK bball at Big Blue Madness. If UK wants to pay for you to come on a visit you go. Stanley said something to the affect about it's really different over here as opposed to the west coast (not in a positive light either).

Winslow keeps saying that he has to do what is best for him. I get a small sense that all these package type things are turning him off. Maybe not though.

I hope we get Robinson, but if not, I think we could make a strong push for Winslow, being that he loves Donovan and we have some PT to offer him, as opposed to a reality of being on the depth chart with a lot of bodies at Arizona and Duke.
  19. InstiGATOR1

Ratings Received:
    +47
    Two more prediction of UF over on 247's crystal ball feature.
  20. MadduxFanII

Ratings Received:
    +416
    You could do a hell of a lot worse than a Chiozza-Francis-Robinson class.