Depth Chart Released

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by nortonis, Aug 26, 2013.

1. thedyc09

thedyc09 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +103
    The most befuddling thing to me is that Trey Burton is our backup Punt Returner. I hate to second-guess coaching, but that seems ridiculously conservative. We have too many explosive athletes on the team for us not have someone better suited to handling the PR duties if Roberson gets hurt or needs a breather. Surely one or two of them can field a punt, as most of them probably did in high school.

Nice to see Leon Orr ahead of Jacobs, as I think that says more about the former than the latter. Nice to see Ball back at Will - I did NOT relish the thought of him at Mike. Is Bryan Cox that improved or are we just that thin at SSDE? Alex McCallister has gained 25 lbs in one year on campus - if he can gain 20 more over the next two, he'll be a monster in this league.
  2. Brewski

Brewski Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +272
    I swear I saw trey burton explode against UK one game. ; ) Don't sell the kid short.
  3. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,998
    I suspect that is a situational thing because I don't once recall Muschamp mentioning that Burton was fielding punts during camp.

Completely agree on Orr. On Ball, given what we are doing right now the Mike and the Will aren't terribly different. Maybe a little in terms of coverage responsibilities, but not run fits. Outside of Maye at free safety, I am most intrigued to see what Cox and McCallister can do when they get in the game Saturday. We desperately need to replenish depth along the defensive line and the SDE/Buck spots are the most thinnest right now.
  4. RaptureVeteran

RaptureVeteran New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    I had 15 sacks with Easley in my first year on NCAA 14, I think Florida is fine on the defensive line ;)
  5. NoahBeanBizzel

NoahBeanBizzel Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +615
    One of the biggest misconceptions about Burton's game is that he's not a true "playmaker". He's had some explosive plays-although it would be nice to see more-in this league. All he needs is a step and he's capable of putting six on the board. He's not Percy Harvin, but he's had arguably more big moments against SEC competition than all the returning talent we have at the skill positions combined.

He's going to be involved a lot with what Pease wants to do, and expect him to help make this offense more efficient, even if he doesn't do what the fans want him to. Even if the numbers don't necessarily reflect it, Burton is one of those guys who helps make an offense more efficient.

Trey Burton has helped Florida's program out a lot over the last few seasons, and he's done it in a lot of different ways. There is a reason he's on the field, and I totally think he can help this team out no matter what the staff has him doing.
  6. 1984Gator

1984Gator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +90
    It seems you've missed out on some very nice TD runs. As predicted, he got the second most carries today.
  7. GatorSean

GatorSean Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,359
    Holy cow guy... we are talking about KENT Taylor.
  8. 1984Gator

1984Gator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +90
    Normally I wouldn't be a dick about this but since you've made a special effort to hassle for no reason, let me remind you that I said KT would get the second most carries regardless of what any depth chart said and apparently you couldn't handle that reality. Today KT got the second most carries and averaged 8.6 a carry I might add. So now it's time for you to eat some "F"ing crow!