Deon Cain sets decision date

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by subtle_gator, May 27, 2014.

1. DeBigLeezard

DeBigLeezard Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +479
    A lot of players from Florida are impressed with Clemson's campus. It is very nice... very picturesque. When I went on a recruting trip to Clemson, being born and raised in Florida my whole life, I was very impressed with the mountains and the fall color in the leaves. Sometimes players want to just to get away to something different than what they grew up with their whole life. Signing a college scholarship to another school does that.
  2. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,501
    Climpson does have a nice campus. Back in the late 80s when I was last there, the pay was pretty good too, based on the apartments and cars the players had... and word on the street from alumni I was there with. Probably still is, seeing as they've had no reason to stop.
  3. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,244
    I know it's not the point of your post but I-10 isn't the longest interstate or highway, FYI.
  4. subtle_gator

subtle_gator Member

Ratings Received:
    +130
    So after watching this the sting of not getting Deon hurts a little more, pay close attention to the Ray Ray vs Deon match-ups...keep recruiting them both hard Flipper!

5. ltraz

ltraz Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +265
    Ray Ray will play O so I don't really mind the matchups. Both look good to me. Ray Ray is just so versatile and could be deadly in the slot.
  6. Diesel350z

Diesel350z Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,089
    Even though he committed to Clemson Florida is going to keep recruiting him very hard. He's actually in Gainesville today at the swamp.
  7. subtle_gator

subtle_gator Member

Ratings Received:
    +130
    Agreed, O will be best fit, though personally i like him as a pass catching RB in our new scheme with Dillion at the slot but cant go wrong getting the ball in his hands either way. My point was that Ray Ray was arguably one of the top athletes at DB out there and Deon is elite enough to still have his way. We need to pursue him hard...some say could be more successful at WR than Campbell.

I say lets just get them both!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Diesel350z

Diesel350z Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,089
    June 7th, 2014 07:56am
    UF still after Cain despite his Clemson commitment
    by Zach Abolverdi

[​IMG]
    The Gators aren't giving up on Deon Cain. (Photo by Zach Abolverdi/The Gainesville Sun)

Florida is trying to flip a receiver committed to Clemson for the third consecutive year.

The Gators were able to do it in the 2013 cycle with Demarcus Robinson, but they couldn’t change the mind of Artavis Scott in the last class.

Now UF will try its luck with Deon Cain, a U.S. Army All-American who pledged to the Tigers on May 30.

One week removed from that decision, he was back on Florida’s campus Friday for Will Muschamp’s 7-on-7 tournament for high school teams. Afterward, Cain and his mother walked up to the UF football offices and meet with the coaches for almost an hour.

“Mostly, they were pretty much being generous, just telling me congratulations on the commit,” Cain said. “They’re still going to recruit me hard until signing day. He mostly just kept saying, ‘It’s a long way until signing day.’ So they are going to keep coming hard at me.”

Florida finished No. 2 for Cain followed by Miami, another school remaining in contact. Cain said something would have to go wrong with Clemson for him back off his commitment, but he doubts that will happen.

“It’s good that Florida still has interest in me,” he said. “But I committed to a school, so I’m 100 percent to Clemson.”

The 6-foot-1, 190-pounder goes on a bus tour next week that will make stops at Clemson, N.C. State and Wake Forest. Cain would like to take official visits in the fall if the Tigers give him permission, but he knows taking those kind of trips could be difficult.

“It’s kind of hard because, you know, the coaches … they don’t take no for an answer,” he said. “They just keep coming harder, so it’s kind of complicated because they are always on my back.”

The Gators are one of the teams still hanging on from behind, but they don’t have malicious intent in Cain’s eyes.

“They’re not trying to pressure me or anything,” he said. “They’re just going to keep recruiting me, and I really respect Florida for how they’re coming at me and treating me. They’re not stabbing me in the back from (the Clemson commitment).”
    • Like Like x 2
  9. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,501
    ^^^ Says alot about Muschamp and staff for how we recruit. We're doing it the right way, which resonates with people who care about treating other people right.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,422
    The thought of Sammy Watkins is what recruited this kid not some area recruiter. :)
  11. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,095
    Yeah but the Watkins of the world don't grow on trees. How could he not want to play for coaches with the tag team name like Roper and Joker. ...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +3,422
    Convince cain not me:)
  13. SeaCay

SeaCay Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +338
    Completely agree, but in this day and age, I do sometimes wonder how many care about how others are treated.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +3,422
    Ok! I think This could work..... but only if they dress like these guys:D

images-1.jpeg
    • Funny Funny x 1