Deon Cain sets decision date

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by subtle_gator, May 27, 2014.

1. subtle_gator

subtle_gator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +258
  2. Briang8r

Briang8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,233
    If true, I am really getting tired of them coming down to Florida and getting 4-5 star kids seemingly every year. Lat year it was Artavis Scott, the year before it was MacKensie Alexander, and his year it's Cain plus Jake Fruhmorgen and Garrett Williams. Don't forget about Sammy Watkins and C.J. Spiller. It's frustrating that this many talented FL kids that we are after keep going there.
  3. BigIgator25

BigIgator25 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +246
    $$$?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,103
    I seem to remember guys setting decision times in line with what us junkies would consider favorable to UF but it didn't work out. So maybe it's not that relevant?
  5. subtle_gator

Ratings Received:
    +258
    Appears that their success is our current demise with Cain, pointing directly to Sammy Watkins.

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2014/5/27/5755550/deon-cain-a-clemson-tiger
  6. Diesel350z

Diesel350z Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,077
    Yeah I think he's going with Clemson.
  7. ctresh

ctresh Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,125
    I just hope Ray-Ray makes his own decision and doesn't follow Cain to Clemson like Lane did with Cook
  8. Briang8r

Briang8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,233
    I agree. This Clemson garbage has to stop. I know we had a bad season last year, but what have they done of significance in the past 20 years? Win their paltry conference? Only once by the way. Beat LSU in a bowl game? Wow! Our top ten finish in 2012 matches their total for the past 24 years. They had their biggest home game in several seasons last year against FSU and got absolutely destroyed on national television. They also have been owned by their biggest rival, South Carolina, for 5 straight years and counting. How and why are we losing top in-state kids to them? I understand losing these type of kids to FSU, Miami, Bama, or even Georgia....but Clemson? Seriously? OK, end of rant. I feel better.
  9. subtle_gator

Ratings Received:
    +258
    Is it safe to say we're getting out recruited, our area recruiter vs theirs? article speaks highly of Clemson's guy. "especially Jeff Scott (Jeff Scott is absolutely owning it for us this cycle in Florida, by the way, Jeff Scott is about the best recruiter at mining Florida talent outside the state of Florida)"
  10. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,737
    Out recruited? Why, because we offered late? That might have more to do with it then anything. Maybe the fact that we are the big favorite to land Campbell is playing a factor.
  11. prainey

prainey New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0

Urban Meyer saw the Tigers beat him for many more recruits during his UF tenure.

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida,” Meyer said last year, “we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson.”

Meyer’s comments were made during his broadcast of the Clemson-Auburn game last season. He said his former defensive coordinator Charlie Strong, now the head coach at Louisville, suggested Clemson has a nicer campus.

“Charlie Strong responded, ‘Coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t,” Meyer recalled. “But I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”
  12. Briang8r

Briang8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,233
    The Florida State players probably all agree with Urbs. They sure seemed to love it last year.

I don't believe it is any more "special" than our place. Also, if players are so turned off by our one losing season, shouldn't 20+ years of sustained mediocrity be even more alarming to prospects?
  13. ctresh

ctresh Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,125
    I've personally never been to Clemson either, nor have I been to F$U's campus, but I hear from a lot of people, who are not F$U fans, that they like their campus more than Florida's. Now I personally love our campus, I think it's awesome, but maybe Clemson does have a better campus than ours as well?

To your point though, how much more "special" is it than ours, I'm not sure it's a whole lot. And we do have that history of success, so I find it hard to believe that the campus is what's selling these kids on Clemson. It's gotta be something else, maybe false promises who knows, but it's getting ridiculous.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Briang8r

Briang8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,233
    Florida State does NOT have a better campus than Florida, and it's not really close IMO.
  15. Briang8r

Briang8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,233
    Cain committed to Clemson :mad: .....hands off Ray Ray and George Campbell!
  16. DoctorGator

DoctorGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +357
    fsu's campus is mediocre - not hideous, not pretty - mediocre - nestled, as it is, between the railroad tracks and the nation's longest US highway.

UF's campus is one of the most beautiful anywhere, though I am a little worried about what the new building (Heavener Hall) at the corner of 13th and University will do to initial impressions.

Anyone that says those two campuses are even comparable is either joking or on drugs.

As an academic, I've been on a whole lotta campuses. The most beautiful I've ever experienced, by far, is West Point. Since that campus is also a military base and no one can even enter it without credentials except on football game days, its a little unfair to compare it to other campuses.
  17. prainey

prainey New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    I have not ben
    It wasn't my point, it was Urban's. Everything I posted came directly from him, so don't shoot the messenger. As stated, he had no idea how Florida could lose recruits to us until he visited Clemson. It's just one man's opinion, but I think he knows a thing or 2 about recruiting. This won't be the last time you lose a recruit to Clemson. Obviously, we'll lose plenty to you guys too (as always). How's old Bud doing anyways?
  18. prainey

prainey New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Campbell won't play with Cain, so we'll be out of it with him. I'd be shocked if he wasn't a Gator.

Ray Ray's dad was at Cain's ceremony. I'd say Clemson is more than in the thick of it with him. He'll be visiting later next month.
  19. LittleBlueLW

LittleBlueLW Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,766
    I went there my freshman year. Enjoyed it a lot. So much so I transferred back to UF.
    It has a great gameday atmosphere, beautiful campus and an overall homey, comforting feel.

I can see the appeal.
  20. xUFxGators

xUFxGators Member

Ratings Received:
    +54
    I'm from Cincy and I had campus tours at both UF and FSU, gotta say I was more impressed with FSU.
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1