Democrates Thank illigal Aliens More Important Than Our Veterans

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by diehardgator1, Dec 18, 2013.

1. diehardgator1

diehardgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +319
    This takes the cake. Senate Dem blocked a bill by Sen Sessions that would have cut off aid to illegal aliens and us that money to offset cuts to our wounded and veterans. Our country has sunk to a new low when you would rather give benefits to people who dont belong here over living up to our obligations to our veterans many of them who put there life on the line and many of them injured but are going to see their funds cut

"
    Senate Democrats blocked a vote on an amendment offered by Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) that would have closed a loophole that gives illegal aliens access to the Additional Child Tax Credit. The amendment sought to restore cuts in military pensions under the budget deal by shifting funds from the welfare loophole.

During Senate debate on the two-year budget deal brokered by Senate Budget Committee Chairwoman Patty Murray (D-Wash.) and House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.), Republicans spoke out against the $6 billion in cuts to military pensions, including for disabled retirees. But Sen. Sessions developed a plan for restoring the cuts. His amendment would have required a Social Security number to claim the refundable portion of the child tax credit and restored military retirement benefits.

“Removing this unbalanced treatment of our military retirees ought to be one of the key actions we should take before this legislation moves forward. In fact, greater savings than this can be achieved by passing a legislative fix recommended by the Inspector General of the U.S. Treasury that would stop the IRS from improperly providing tax credits to illegal aliens,” Sen. Sessions said.

Illegal aliens who work and file tax returns with an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number can apply for the Additional Child Tax Credit. The Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration found that illegal aliens claimed $4.2 billion refundable credits in 2010.

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/...empt-cut-welfare-benefits-illegal-aliens.html
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. G8RBorne

G8RBorne Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Just read it earlier and am disgusted as it affects me personally. I'm within 18 months of retirement and will cost me around $120,000.00 (if my NW Florida math is correct.) I understand sacrifice-I've served all over the world and have been on deployments to less than ideal locations. Besides the obvious that Illegal immigrants are more important than my brothers and sisters-I can't understand why the president down didn't take a 1% pay cut across the federal government to include their retirements? Why just "retired, working age" military retires? Why not share the wealth? Unions, military folks don't have union representation like Other federal employees...and politicians dare not take from their own pockets. I just ask-share the wealth in sacrifice. Shameful, many injured rely on this income to survive, but illegals are more important. Screw politicians.
  3. TJtheGator

TJtheGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +217
    Sickening! Should be ashamed to call themselves Americans. The number one duty of our government is to give our servicemen and women the best possible training and equipment, followed by the best possible care when they return home. No US servicemember should EVER be shunned over an illegal alien.
  4. diehardgator1

diehardgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +319
    Thats Dem for you A Rep introduced a bill to correct it and the Dem blocked it
  5. TJtheGator

TJtheGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +217
    Yep. Too scared of hurting the feelings of illegal aliens, but completely fine with cutting the pensions of those who fought for the Stars and Stripes, but most importantly the families of those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for this country.

Some things in this world are simply sacred and untouchable. The benefits of those who served is one of them.
  6. corpgator

corpgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +749
    Well, the republicans in the house passed it to begin with.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. wgbgator

wgbgator Sub-optimal Poster Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,446
    Is Democrates Socrates' brother?
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,708
    I am just as disgusted with all the pubs who voted for the damned bill in the first place
  9. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,091
    I don't know. I'm still trying to figure out what 'illigal' means.
  10. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,708
    it is kinda like figgering out what a lodge poysin is
  11. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,064
    Nonsense. Throughout history government has adjusted benefits for veterans.

But while I don't think they should be cutting from cost of living for disabled vets and it looks like they'll fix that part, cutting cost of living adjustments for vets who can and likely most of them do work in new careers is not some sacred cow.
  12. wgbgator

wgbgator Sub-optimal Poster Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,446
    As McCain noted, even the Pentagon is on board with reigning in some of the cost of benefits:

Most of the "outcry" is because there is almost zero risk to invoking "the troops" as a red herring on a budget deal you don't like for other reasons.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,064
    Especially when pitted against bogeymen like "illegal alien" Political manipulation designed to get people enraged.
  14. wcj786

wcj786 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +154
    Now, for an honest opinion (i.e. non-liberal), this is an outrage that should not happen. No matter what the RINO McCain has to say, it is not only wrong, but contradicts all the values this country has stood for since it;s conception.
  15. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,050
    Was the same pension cut enacted for all federal government employees? Or was it just the military?
  16. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +921
    Ahhh good ole NW Florida. Was in my hometown a year ago and out bike riding. I come to a park by the bay and there's quite a crowd of illegals swimming and playing in the shallow water. What stood out was how many of their damn young kids there were for so few moms. What our government, mostly Democrats, are willing to have happen right before our eyes is appalling. Letting millions of ignorant, largely unmotivated poor into your country is nothing short of robbery.

My sister tells me she's been told by my nephew's school they don't have the resources to help American kids because their teachers are forced to help illegal children catch up. Yes, even in good old Destin Florida the cost of illegals is taking a toll.

Que AzCat with an article about workers needed to pick fruits and vegetables.
  17. AzCatFan

AzCatFan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +554
    I won't come up with farm workers needed, but how about some numbers. There are approximately 11 million illegal aliens in the US. As of 2010, there were about 8 million in the workforce. Out of the other 3 million, the largest group represented were children. To put that in perspective, illegal immigrants 3.7% of the total US population, but accounted for 5.2% of the total labor force.

Are the immigrants not pulling their own weight. Sure. Should they be allowed to stay. Absolutely not. But those who are working? Allow them to stay, make them pay for a work visa, then when the visa is over, either allow them to pay and stay another cycle (one renewal only), go home, or get on a citizenship path.

Oh, as as for what jobs the immigrants are doing? Highest estimate I found was 1 million working in agriculture in some form, meaning there are another 7 million out there doing something else, Die.
  18. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,874
    Did you meet any resistance when you asked them for their papers / visas?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  19. corpgator

corpgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +749
    I can understand cutting future benefits, but these were benefits promised and now taken away.

It will certainly get turned back. They already delayed it until Dec 15. Plenty of time for the lobbyists to go to work and they have powerful ones.

Still, those benefits are a very small expenditure compared to the bloat of all the weapons we produce.
  20. madgator

madgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +417

you mean undocumented immigrant