Democrat Party redefines work

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by g8orbill, Feb 8, 2014.

1. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +9,649
  2. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +9,649

hello again blakie
  3. wgbgator

wgbgator Sub-optimal Poster Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,676
    So, basically you feel that macroeconomic policy should be based on the micro-economic choices you think are the most prudent or what you personally conisder as luxuries or necessities. Personally while I'm not opposed to reasonable hurdles and qualifications for gov't aid, I'm not sure its worth the resources to make sure everyone who receives a benefit from the government needs it in no uncertain terms to everyone's satisfaction, even if it were somehow possible.
  4. flavius

flavius New Member

Ratings Received:
    +2
    Every time someone smacks you upside your head with those darned facts, it must be "Blakie", huh Bill ?

Now give us some more laughs please, BillyBoy. Tell us about how you righties are all for small govt and restrained spending. :)
  5. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    Let's look at Obama spending first two years with a Demo house and Senate. Things like Porkulus (money laundering scheme for DNC) and Obamacare get passed with all the goodies up front and now we are having to pay the piper. Then when the adults take back the house, spending slows down, as brakes are applied.

Now when adults are put in charge of the Senate and Presidency by 2017, perhaps we can actually do something grand (like tax reform) and get our budget headed towards balance and some kind of long term solutions for the entitlement programs.

Typical liberal democratic budgeting is where only cuts are in year 10 of a 10 year budget. It's all bullshit and serves to keep the folks who can't think for themselves on the plantation.
  6. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,261
    He dramatically "cut" the deficit back to his own still alone-in-first-place all time high other than his higher deficits, that is. And that is of course within the confines of carefully stage-managed GIGO numbers.
  7. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    9-11 have anything to do with your statement? Bush was immediately in a war and was ill equipped to be a war time president. However the alternative....AlGore....was ill equipped to be anything.
  8. flavius

flavius New Member

Ratings Received:
    +2
    Say what ?!! This post is awesome; a combination of all things lovable (and laughable) about the modern rightie : ignorance of fact, and besmirching those who bring us such darn inconvenient facts.

I suppose you're unaware, though, that the last Bush deficit of $1.2 trillion ($1.4 without $200B stimulus added by Obama) is more than double the 2013 deficit.

If you're not aware of that....you should study up a bit and learn. Ignorance is no way to go through life. :D
  9. MichiGator2002

Ratings Received:
    +2,261
    You have a lot of positive things going on in your life, that you have time to invent new screennames just to go on being wrong on the internet.
  10. flavius

flavius New Member

Ratings Received:
    +2
    LOL, right. So it was because of 9/11 that........Bush increased the average growth rate of federal spending at the highest level in 40 years, over an eight year period !!

Do you (cough) responsible righties EVER take responsibility for the results of your own actions ?

Oh, and what do you think the average annual spending of our military actions in Afghanistan cost ? That's what you mean by us being "in a war", right ? Or.....do you mean that Iraq debacle we were lied to that was supposed to be free ?

In any case, you just trot out the standard pap in your excuse-making for the undeniable reality; the only thing close to federal fiscal conservatism has been conducted by Democrats. All whining from the right aside.
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  11. flavius

flavius New Member

Ratings Received:
    +2
    Haha. One of seems to at least have a firm grasp of reality : what the US federal deficit was in 2009 and in 2013.

(And here's a hint : it's not you. :D)

Do you honestly come onto a political message board to argue when you can't be bothered to know the actual facts ? :)
  12. harwil

harwil Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +145
    are you "Flavius?" or "Fabius"
  13. MichiGator2002

Ratings Received:
    +2,261
    He's Blakejah 1134.0, I just can't figure out where the convenient insta-nuke button is on new forum to be honest.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. ArtDeco

ArtDeco Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +632
    ...blahblahblah....
    All I said was, simply put, if I had to make certain choices in my life to obtain the nest egg I have, I expect all others to go through those same decision processes and choices before having the audacity to ask me for what is mine for the benefit of my family.
    If you need to tart it up with lingo that you think makes you look superior, that's your problem. But don't miss the point along the way.
  15. ArtDeco

Ratings Received:
    +632
    This says it all.
  16. ArtDeco

Ratings Received:
    +632
    Yet, I have to pay thousands to an accountant, keep all kinds of ungodly records, to back up my assertions when I claim to the IRS that I owe so much in taxes. Is being allowed to fairly keep my own money "a government benefit"? So those of us asking to keep our own money are held to one standard of proof, and those that simply ask for others' money need no proof of need or indigence at all?
  17. ArtDeco

Ratings Received:
    +632
    LOL at the thought of wgb, fred, or the usual suspects asking the layabouts outside the train stations in Amsterdam, Paris, and Calgary how their small businesses are going.
  18. surfn1080

surfn1080 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +187
    Wait in 2008, our budget was 2.9 trillion. In 2013, it was 3.4 trillion and in 2012 it was 3.5 trillion. Am i missing something here?? That doesn't look like federal government has been cut in HALF....

As far as deficit goes, WE HAVE RECORD BREAKING REVENUE lol

Bush worse year was under 500 billion in deficit.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. wgbgator

wgbgator Sub-optimal Poster Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,676

I got your point, you want people to conform to your own expectations, and don't like reading fancy college words.
  20. ArtDeco

Ratings Received:
    +632
    Quit making sense. To liberals, if you owed the credit card company a million dollars last month, but this month only charged a half a million, you've cut the growth rate in half, and you're actually making progress.