Democrat Party redefines work

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by g8orbill, Feb 8, 2014.

1. DaveFla

DaveFla Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +979
    They accomplish this outcome on the backs of others... That's where we disagree.

The republicans want every person to have the opportunity to become successful so that they can sit back and enjoy the fruits of THEIR OWN labor... Not the fruits of ANOTHER PERSON'S Labor.

I don't know how this could be made any clearer for you.
  2. harwil

harwil Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +134
    That's where it started because wage increases were controlled.Once a benefit given,never a benefit rescinded. NYC city employees have an afternoon break originating from a break to feed their horses.
  3. DaveFla

Ratings Received:
    +979

Ahh, yes... The other side of Fred's "but BUSH" coin...

If nothing else, he certainly is predictable.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. DaveFla

Ratings Received:
    +979

I'll tell you why... His back was up against the proverbial wall. He was out of ammunition, so he was throwing the gun at you...
  5. harwil

harwil Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +134
    The subsidy is with in risk pools, not with the lack of ability to pay by taxing someone else or raising someone else's insurance cost.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  6. ArtDeco

ArtDeco Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +481
    From your comment it is obvious you are no entrepreneur.
    I currently run my own successful business. I do very well, very well.
    I started said business while working for a large company doing the same thing. Working for that company allowed me to learn from their mistakes, learn from their successes, and it gave me the time to collect the capital needed to finance my company. Believe it or not, when you present a business plan to a group of investors or a bank officer, sitting on your ass doesn't exactly make them want to part with thousands of dollars to help you get your dreams off the ground.
    Sitting on your ass while other people pay for it is not how entrepreneurship works.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    Well said Art. Many of these libs must work for some government entity where sitting on one's ass and playing on the internet is considered taxing. When is the last time you heard of a government employment quitting a guvmint job, giving up a guaranteed salary and pension, risking their own funds, working 16 hour days to start a business.
  8. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +634
    I had to read the Satanic Bible while I was in college. The professor asked me in class to sum it up. My response was "if it feels good, do it."
  9. surfn1080

surfn1080 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +173
    How do you get back to normal levels when the government is holding it back? Regulations after regulations have stunted that growth. Obviously the global economy is still sluggish as well and plays a factor, but we can not ignore what are government has done to keep major parts of our economy at almost a standby.
  10. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,134
    Wrong. Republican 1%ers like Mitt Romney want to STEAL decent American salaries and pocket them and hire 3rd world employees instead for pennies on the dollar.

Their economic policy creates a 1%/99% "let em eat cake" society.

The problem with that kind of social engineering is that eventually those getting screwed wise up and start voting out the representatives of the robber barons.
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +634
    I thought you were smarter than that. I guess we were both wrong!! :)
  12. surfn1080

Ratings Received:
    +173
    1% of the INCOME earning Americans is an extremely small amount of people. When in the history of the world has there never been a small group of very wealthy people??

I don't give 2 craps what they do with or how they spend their money.

I do care how our government spends OUR money and they spend a crap load more on very useless crap.

The problem with Dems and Obama is everyone lives in a poorer society. No one strives for excellence or greater achievements economically.
  13. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,835
    Steal? How?

Also, wasn't the famous misattributed "let them eat cake" actually a confused expression for why French price controls had failed to magically result in all the poor being able to chow down on brioche when the cheap stuff ran out? Something like that?
  14. surfn1080

Ratings Received:
    +173
  15. ArtDeco

Ratings Received:
    +481
    Anton LeVey, the founder of Satanism, couldn't have said it better. That is it in its entirety.
  16. ArtDeco

Ratings Received:
    +481
    How do you steal a salary from someone you never hired?

I am fundamentally opposed to the idea of third world labor, but apparently, most civilized countries are doing this now. I do agree that one's wages should be determined by the going rate in one's own legal class/country, which is precisely why you should be AGAINST all these undocumented workers bringing their kids over here and spreading pinestraw for $2 an hour. Again, based on your own argument, you should be anti-Obama at best, anti-Democrat at worst.

Whilst I don't agree with bringing in cheap labor from other sources, your mindset and your attitude almost makes me wonder if those laborers are getting what they deserve. If you're telling me the only skill someone can bring to the table is turning a screw, maybe they should have studied harder in high school or at least taught their kids better. To honestly think you're going to reach "the good life" while getting paid $30 an hour to do what anyone can do is just not realistic.

Before Obama, when GM was actually doing OK, they would give electrical work to my mentally retarded sister's residential group home to perform. They would assemble wiring in steering columns for much less than the average GM worker, let me tell you. Maybe that should've been organized labor's first sign of trouble- if an admittedly mentally retarded person can do your job for pennies on the dollar to the same level of quality, maybe y0u need to branch out into another occupation if social and economic upward mobility is that important to you.

Instead, under Obama, the mentally handicapped now get zero work from GM, they have to give those tasks to the unions...
  17. ArtDeco

Ratings Received:
    +481
    No one is saying squeeze hours out of people. I believe it's your choice whether to work or not. My wife works for me. She doesn't need to work, but she's able to work from home, and it keeps me from hiring a stranger who may or may not be as concerned with my collections. She understands if she does not work, she has no spending money except what I choose to give her. She understands I bring home less money in that scenario to pay for another employee. So everything is a trade off.
    Why on Earth would you want to make an entire level of society immune to the same realities that my wife and I and everyone else faces when making these decisions?
  18. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    get up off your ass and start a business and you can pay people "fairly".
  19. ArtDeco

Ratings Received:
    +481
    I will gladly pay whatever tax the government decrees if you or they can first prove that the recipients of my generosity absolutely, positively, need the support or else they will die in the street. In other words, I expect these recipients to not have cell phones. I've been a doctor for two decades now, my wife has had a Capt. Kirk flip phone until last year. Yet I see "penniless" people with iPhones. Those are a luxury and I expect the recipients of my tax money to first liquidate them in an effort to afford a medical premium. I also expect these recipients to cancel their cable TV, as it is unnecessary and is chewing upwards of $100 a month which could be used for paying medical bills. I also expect no Toyota, no Hondas, every house should have a second-hand car of modest means. Kias are fine. Hyundais are fine. Gifts from relatives are not to be held against them. All other cars are to be sold off in an effort to come up with the money for a medical premium. I also expect said cars to not have "rims" or flashing accessories like neon running boards. There should be no alcohol in the house as this is also a waste of revenue.

Before you cry racism or worse, these are the exact same choices I had to make when attending medical school well into my late 20s whilst the people you care so much about actually had paying jobs. While they were driving Hondas and cashing paychecks, I was living off borrowed money (which was paid back in full with interest), using my aunt's old furniture, no cell phone, and a second-hand hand-me-down car. The only luxury I had was basic cable. So these simple choices that I had to make due to a lack of income are too difficult for the average everyday family to make?
  20. flavius

flavius New Member

Ratings Received:
    +2
    Of course, under Obama the growth rate of the federal government has been cut in HALF from what it averaged under the 8 years of the last guy that YOU helped elect. And of course the federal deficit has been cut in half from the levels left to Obama by his Republican predecessor.

So it sure is funny to see you righties whine and moan in a complete denial of any actual......FACTS. :)

Funniest of all, though, actually is seeing all you enablers of Republican federal deficit spending......pretend that anyone besides YOURSELVES are the ones that want something for nothing. :D

The Modern Republican Mantra : I want a tax cut, and I want a free Iraq war, and I want an unfunded Medicare Part D, and I want to expand federal spending at the highest level in 40 years, and...........I want future generations to pay for it all, even as I subject them to my incessant whining about being for smaller govt and personal responsibility !!!!