Dem Rep stumped by simple question re: abortion bill

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by JerseyGator01, Jun 18, 2013.

1. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +343 / 24 / -8
    What a joke of a performance in response to a simple question regarding the abortion bill in the House. This overhyped lawyer from CO had trouble completing the sentence. Dems want gun control to save lives but don't want abortion restrictions that would obviously saves lives.

Dem Diana Degette showing off the depth of the pro-abortion position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QSbVKABePOo#!
  2. 108

108 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +598 / 22 / -4
    certainly not a simple question

one doesn't just equal the other when both parties clearly don't agree on what constitutes "life"
  3. Gatormb

Gatormb Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +594 / 14 / -4
    So, 108, what is "life" to you? I've noticed that everybody who is pro-choice has already been born.

To your side, life doesn't begin until the heels are birthed. Any thing prior is only then murder?

When does life begin for you?
  4. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +343 / 24 / -8
    108 with quite the religious comeback.
  5. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +391 / 0 / -1
    What constitutes life is a very simple question? Some choose to confuse the issue by talking about a woman's right to choose.
  6. geauxgator1

geauxgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,321 / 14 / -5
    egg + sperm = life.
  7. GatorAvatar

GatorAvatar New Member

Ratings Received:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Life = The interval of time between birth and death.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. GatorAvatar

GatorAvatar New Member

Ratings Received:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    egg + sperm = fertilization
  9. geauxgator1

Ratings Received:
    +2,321 / 14 / -5
    true and Life.
  10. vangator1

vangator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +114 / 13 / -7
    I believe life is when an unborn can live without the mother. That's somewhere in the 2nd trimester I believe.

I am pro-choice but partial birth abortion should not be allowed. Period.

I believe if the parents don't want the child, then I don't want to support the unwanted child for the rest of it's life. I believe we have a population problem and the last thing we needed are unwanted births.
  11. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +391 / 0 / -1
    So just kill them?
  12. geauxgator1

Ratings Received:
    +2,321 / 14 / -5
    Of course, take the easy way if you can.
  13. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,560 / 5 / -1
    I am not going to get into a pro-choice or pro-life argument here. HOWEVER, I do believe that the rules need to be the same across the board if nothing else for the criminal justice system.

If a woman is pro-choice, for example, that means she wants the "right" to terminate her pregnancy early because to her, a child's life doesn't begin until it's born. She cannot then turn around and cry and ask for a murder declaration when some woman gets stabbed in the belly and the baby dies, or if the woman gets killed and she was pregnant and they're screaming for 2 murder counts. Which is it?

Likewise, if someone is pro-life, they can't say life begins at conception, and then if the woman is killed and the baby dies with her or she gets stabbed in the belly and the baby dies NOT bring double charges against the perpetrator.

This has become a legal question in a lot of cases. You can't have it both ways - I'm a woman and I understand that concept. I suppose they could always say anything in the 3rd trimester, but I've seen couples with preemies as young as 25 weeks survive so I don't know that that definition would completely work.

So at some point someone is going to have to explain how it's different for a woman versus some stranger killing the baby, and there being different "penalties" (as in none for her) for the same event. There can't be. Either it's life or it isn't.
  14. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +147 / 0 / -0
    to the posters who claim

egg + sperm = life

evidently you are rather ignorant of both eggs and sperm each being alive

both unfertilized eggs and sperm are alive

that means every time you wank off, etc you are murdering a living organism that if it fertilizes an egg, resulting in what you no doubt claim to be a human being.

it isn't very astonishing the ignorance of many religious types when it comes to life, etc since they simply trust in some religious leaders who have an agenda that does not encourage their flock of sheep to think, or be curious, or use their own mind to appreciate God's gift of nature. For if the flock were to actually think, the flock just might realize that their religious leader may have a not so holy agenda. An agenda of his(or her) own based on ego, selfish greed, lust for power and control over others(the flock), etc

my beef isn't so much about religion....but what some do in the name of their religion(that means many Christians, Jews, Muslims, etc)

FWIW---there are egos such as the above that pop up from time to time in the scientific community. But they tend to have their theories challenged, etc. And that a theory only exists as long as evidence supports it and arguments against the theory fail due to lack of evidence. Saying 'because the good book says so' is not evidence.
  15. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,560 / 5 / -1
    Yeah at some point it becomes a religious debate versus a when-does-life-start debate. And I have my own opinions based on my own beliefs, but that doesn't give me the right to put those on anyone else. But on legal and practical terms, there needs to be some kind of consensus for cases moving forward.
  16. AustinGator1

AustinGator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +110 / 3 / -1

'Wow. A million sperm and this is the one that got to the egg.' :grin:

It's called conception people. All of us began at conception. Except for Old, possibly. He apparantly still thinks all he needs is sperm. :grin:

An egg by itself and a sperm by itself never equals you. Put them together and there you are.

So it is safe for you to keep 'wanking off' old. Just remember, you brought it up.
  17. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +147 / 0 / -0
    true...but the sperm cell and egg cell are alive...and with the potential upon fertilization of the egg to result in a human embryo.

would you be alive if it weren't for that living sperm cell swimming upstream in your mom?
  18. AustinGator1

AustinGator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +110 / 3 / -1

'potential upon fertilization' is your key phrase there sir. Until that potential is achieved you are not you. That sperm cell swimming upstream isn't you. The egg by itself is not you. When they get together, there you are.
  19. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +374 / 3 / -0
    That's not what pro-choice means (at least not to everybody). Pro-choice simply means that you don't believe it is the government's place to determine that a woman should be pregnant if the woman does not wish to be pregnant. You can be pro-choice AND pro-life where you choose to acknowledge your child's life even before it is born while at the same time recognize that this is your choice and not the government's.

The only problem I have with bills like these is that there is a reported rape out clause. What if the woman is raped, but can't prove it. Is she potentially on the hook for that? Or is just declaring rape an easy out to proceed with the intended abortion?

Or charged with manslaughter if she miscarries?

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS
  20. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +147 / 0 / -0
    without either a sperm cell or an egg cell a fertilized egg can not occur.

in addition both the unfertilized egg and sperm cell are alive on their own for a limited period of time.