DEAR MEGAN BUSH,

Discussion in 'Women of the Swamp' started by DarthGatorOne, Mar 8, 2014.

1. DarthGatorOne

DarthGatorOne VIP Member VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +132
    I know that I'm going to get raked over the coals for this because you were such a wonderful Gator player and are, I'm told, such a sweet person; however, as far as I'm concerned, this has to be said. I have never criticized an active Gator player, but you no longer wear the Orange and Blue; you supposedly are a professional color announcer; and, as such, you are not above criticism. Moreover, I've tried to be patient and allow you to mature in your job. I've even e-mailed INM Sports asking them to speak to you, but nothing has changed. In fact, in my opinion, they are worse than ever.

The fact is, Megan, at present you are a terrible color announcer. While sometimes you manage to make a pertinent observation, relying upon your extensive knowledge of softball, most of the time these nuggests are overwhelmed by the sheer volume of you babbling and stating the obvious after every single pitch. Respectfully, you are afflicted with a common announcer's disease, verbal diarrhea. In addition, you've never met a cliche that you didn't like or couldn't mangle. For me, at least, things are so bad that I mute the broadcast sound after every pitch and only listen when the pitcher goes into her motion so I can get the count and sometimes even the score.

Sometimes, Megan, less is more. Please, please, please, don't analyse everthing to death after every pitch. And please, don't just ramble on and on and on.
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  2. hoyt233

hoyt233 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +278
    I agree. The announcing is like finger nails on a chalkboard.
  3. enviroGator

enviroGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +331
    Wow. harsh.

I haven't heard her at all, but you do realize they have to say something right? Dead air isn't good, so naturally they are going to talk a lot.

Edit: I misread your post, I thought you said "she can no longer wear the O&B" like you had de-Gatored her in your eyes.
  4. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,842
    She isn't great at this point in her career but I think someone who has contributed to the program the way she has deserves to have the issues raised a bit more constructively.
    Jmo.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. kittie11

kittie11 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +57
    She talks a little to long. But she has good information.
  6. red4512

red4512 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +396
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but this is exactly the type of thread you'd see on GatorSports.com.
  7. DarthGatorOne

DarthGatorOne VIP Member VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +132
    For 2 years I tried "constructive" with e-mails to her employer, etc with no response and no results. This is my response to their lack of response.
  8. swampgas4412282

swampgas4412282 Member

Ratings Received:
    +73
    Part of the problem is that when she is working with Mike Gillespie she is working with a play by play announcer that has absolutely no knowledge of the game of softball. I think she sometimes goes on and on to help cover his lack of knowledge. When Adam Schick returns from women's basketball I hope she will have less to say because Adam does a really good job. I agree that the combination of Mike and Megan is really painful. Adam needs to use the Dan Shulman method when working with Vitale. He told me this in person when I asked him about working with Dickie V when they were staying here in Gainesville before a Gator game. Shulman grabs Vitale by the forearm and squeezes him arm. He then knows to Shut Up. This is a factual story....
  9. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,314
    She was a phenomenal player here that NEVER got into trouble. All she did was hit home runs and make us look great.

She's not great, but she damn sure isn't as bad as you make her out to be. And yes, I listen to her and Adam when possible. Weak thread.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, I guess. o_O
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. GboroGator

GboroGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +472
    You can pass on your critique to her @mbush12
  11. keefer

keefer Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,994
    She is incredibly tough to listen to. I give her credit for trying, BUT, whoever made the decision to put her on air and leave her there for two years needs to lose their job.

I, myself, just can not listen to her and l have friends and family that feel the same. I understand that she was a great player and is a great Gator, but this experiment just is not working IMO.

The girl that played catcher for us (her name escapes me) a few years ago, did a much better job. Until they find someone new, I just can not listen. I appreciate Megan trying and I know she is doing her best, I just don't know if she is cut out for it.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. swampgas4412282

swampgas4412282 Member

Ratings Received:
    +73
    Kristina Hilberth. Was a catcher from 2006-2009. She did a fantastic job broadcasting. Gator softball has reached a level where we need someone that is good at her job. Yesterday I could not listen. I just followed on the LSU stats website. I'm glad the two remaining LSU games are on TV.
    Also, I hope Adam Schick returns to play by play real soon. Mike Gillespie just has no clue about the game of softball.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014