Dead space 3 is upon us....

Discussion in 'Gator Bytes' started by gatorr4life, Jan 27, 2013.

1. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,062
    Next week, my horror survival friends. 'Been waiting for this since I finished 2. I don't get amped up for too many games now a days. GTA, elder scrolls and yes....DEAD SPACE 3. Lol ok, not exactly in the same category. But dead space 1 and 2 were absolutely phenomenal. Especially 2...

Got 3 per ordered a month ago. This game has co op, so if anyone wants to join me, send me a request. Hopefully the co op addition is seamless, unlike two's multiplayer. FAIL. Only time will tell...

Anyone ready to dismember some necro's?!?! :halloween:
  2. gatorr4life

Ratings Received:
    +1,062
    Really, nobody? Not one of you 70 and counting? Lol come on gamers, open your mouths. :) good or bad, I don't mind.
  3. gatorr4life

Ratings Received:
    +1,062
    That last part didn't sound right. Whoa.... Lol
  4. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +375
    Most other times, I'd be all over this as a new release, even though I'm only kind of a fan of the series. But "BioShock: Infinite" is coming out in March, and that's getting all my attention and money.
  5. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +58
    Dead Space is beast. Very psyched to get Isaac into and out of some danger. I have played through DS2 7 times and the original 4 times. I know it's just a game but the tension is so steep that sometimes I can only log 45 minutes of game time before I stop due to sheer stress.

DS3 and some new Skyrim DLC and my family will need to an out a search party. :)
  6. gatorr4life

Ratings Received:
    +1,062
    Please tell me you have it for the ps3. Would love to go co op with you. Did you beat two on hard core? THAT was insane. Talk about rage quits.... Lol I beat it on hardcore after probably 10-20 tries. Having three saves all game is just crazy! Talk about hardcore.... Knowing that if you die, you have to start 4-5 chapters back....sigh. Kind of reminds me of demon souls in a way.(or dark souls)
  7. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +58
    Just prepaid for it today. 360 for me. I played hardcore to level 5 on one save. I haven't got my second save far enough yet for me to give a shot at going all the way. I know the boss level at the end will get me a few times so I can't bare to have my third save before 13.
  8. gatorr4life

Ratings Received:
    +1,062
    That last part SUCKED. (On hardcore)

True story: I was playing DS2 on hardcore. I don't remember the exact part... I think it was the part where you have to drag a body in front of the scanner to open the door. Right after that, I think. The doors lock, and the air goes out. And I think some of those Dino necros come out, can't remember exactly. I just remember trying to rig an electrical box so the doors would open, which would also let air back in. For some reason, I couldn't get it rigged correctly. It came down to my suit reading, literally, 2 seconds....and I finally got it. This sounds corny as hell, but I have never been that anxious and tense in my life. Ok, maybe not that bad, but man was I frustrated. Lol my heart was beating so fast, as I knew that if I failed, it was back to the beginning. I guess it wasn't scared as much as annoyed/angry. Either way, I hadn't got a feeling like that in ages. Not from a video game anyway. It was then, I knew this game was going to be one my favorites. Well, to be honest, I think I knew it earlier than that. But man was that part sick. Lol
  9. Swamp_of_Gators

Swamp_of_Gators Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +483
    Just finished the first Dead Space. Good suspense, solid plot, and I enjoy the creative way you can kill things in the game. I'll see if I can pick up DS2 used and see if I can't marathon through it. If I like DS2 as much as I enjoyed DS, I'll probably pick up 3.
  10. Swamp_of_Gators

Swamp_of_Gators Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +483
  11. gatorr4life

Ratings Received:
    +1,062
    Having a good time with this edition. Co op is integrated perfectly. That's actually one of the best parts. Single player is solid as well. No complaints here. Too bad nobody here has this for the ps3. I could use a partner to get all the collectables. Sigh... Pm me if interested.
  12. gatorr4life

Ratings Received:
    +1,062
    Going for the platinum has started to make my interest level dip.

If I was to order them chronologically:

1. Dead space 2 - phenomenal game. 10-10
    2. Dead space 1 - awesome, another great. Almost a tie with 2
    3. Dead space 3- solid, nothing too groundbreakingly different. Still has a good amount of fun. It's dead space, after all!