Danielson says we are the most underrated team in the country

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by geauxgator1, Sep 19, 2013.

1. LouisvilleGator

LouisvilleGator Member

Ratings Received:
    +21
    With this last example, more indicative of a what a Muschamp team can do, just imagine.. we lost our national title hopes in a one possession game where we turned the ball over SIX times and limited that team to a measly 17 points on six freebies. That is why I hold on to the hope that this team can be even better than last year's team. Sure, we lost a lot of starters on defense, but the Gator defense has shown no signs of skipping a beat. Simply put, if Muschamp's team hangs on to the ball, they are nearly impossible to beat. Even the Louisville game had very early turnovers that put them up 14-0 and a lot of teams lose in that scenario. Danielson is correct, but at the same time, Muschamp/Pease has to stop putting us in situations where turnovers are more likely to occur.
  2. Minister_of_Information

Minister_of_Information I'm your huckleberry Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +968
    It matters. For every insipid tantrum drama queen reply 10 lurkers gain insight.
  3. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +893
    Right now I would say we have the upside if the offense wakes up. I'm wondering what kind of team shows up week to week... thinking we might have a schizophrenic season.

I don't like our play calling so far and the idea that it's all we're capable of but I suppose coaches know best.
  4. NoahBeanBizzel

NoahBeanBizzel Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +470
    Danielson is an incredible analyst. I think he's the best in the business.

I sort of agree with what he's saying, but we're ranked where we are because we couldn't get it done in south Florida. It's that simple. I don't think a #19 ranking is at all unreasonable. And Tennessee isn't really the opportunity to make a "statement" some think it is, largely because they're at least two-three years away from being able to compete for an SEC title. Beating them really isn't a bigger deal than beating Mississippi State. Or Vanderbilt.

So we play them, UK and Arkansas before we head to Baton Rouge. We'll almost certainly be 5-1, back in the top-10 (or just outside of it) by then, and then we'll find out just how good this team is. That three-game stretch of LSU, Missouri and Georgia will pretty much answer any question(s) out there about the Florida Gators.
  5. grumpy_gator

grumpy_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +74
    That is truly my hope, as well.
  6. whitelakegator

whitelakegator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +20
    No doubt. I can remember multiple times he would see a crease in the defense and basically call the next play before the team ran it. Pretty amazing.

He calls it like he sees it.
  7. ufgator4ever

ufgator4ever Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +176
    He later said he'd like to back away from that comment based on the disorganized mess this team has displayed in Q1
  8. sierragator

sierragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +142
    The D is great, the o is a liability.... pity