Dan Quinn

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by ufhomerj31, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Gator40

Gator40 Avada Kedavra

Ratings Received:
    +145
    This is what I laugh at. If Driskel were the one throwing all of those INTs, this place would be out for blood. Since it's Murphy throwing the INTs and giving VU 2 drives that started inside our 10, it's all on the D.

No matter what one thinks of our QB situation, it's quite comical that all the blame shifts from the QB to now the D giving up 10 and 4 yard TD drives. In fact, the other INT was at the 22. So VU got three INTs that started at our 22, 10, and 4 and it's the Ds fault. It's as if Murphy didn't erroneously throw the ball and the D just gave up drives all game long.

Man, why does our D suck so much?
  2. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,417
    This. Murph was terrible today. The defense never had a chance.

This dazzling post was sent via my Samsung Galaxy Tablet using jet packs custom built for Gator Country.
  3. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +115
    Our D doesn't suck, they just lost their mojo when the losses mounted and when the offense got paralyzed in the kryptonite zone.
  4. Gator40

Gator40 Avada Kedavra

Ratings Received:
    +145
    If you're speaking to me, i don't think our D sucks. I was being sarcastic and mocking those who blame the D and let Murphy slide.
  5. UFFL

UFFL Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +267
    I feel like when the class of 2013 becomes our upper classmen (the years they're juniors and seniors), they are going to carry this team like crazy. I think we'll look even better on defense than in 2012. Harris, Neal, Washington, Riles, Brantley, Ivie, Bostwick, McMillian, Anzalone, Davis, Hargreaves, Rolin (I think Sherit will be a TE depending on how things go). Seriously, that is a stellar group of defensemen.
  6. gtr2x

gtr2x Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +497
    Totally disagree, JD has quite an array of defenders on this site. You must have missed the Miami game threads, where many posters blamed every Driskel turnover on somebody else, Same deal last year after the Georgia game.

Bottom line is we haven't had a qb play consistent winning football this year, whether it be JD or TM.
  7. tilly

Ratings Received:
    +2,417
    Heck in 4 years...

...Oh for there to have been one less laptop in a dumpster.

Sent from my All knowing Android Device
  8. red4512

red4512 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +205
    Quinn a little. But losing Easley was a deathblow.
  9. Drewsagator

Drewsagator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    What ?????
    How many missed tackles allowed Vandy 1st downs today ??? Or an 88 yard drive when we were trying to turn the momentum in the 2nd half ???

I'm not sure what game you watched but the one I saw had an average Vandy team with a backup 2 star QB on the road in what is supposed to be one of the most hostile CFB venues run an 8 minute drive to start the game and set the tone for the entire day......Why ??? Because there were a half a dozen missed tackles mostly on 3rd downs !! And it wasn't like it was some kind of sophisticated offense they were running with future NFL talent.....how many "chances" do you get to tackle a guy ???
  10. tilly

Ratings Received:
    +2,417
    But most good defenses give up a drive or two a game.
    Our defense was forced to start in its own red zone basically 3 times.

This dazzling post was sent via my Samsung Galaxy Tablet using jet packs custom built for Gator Country.
  11. tomis_gator

tomis_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    Quinn is a considerably better coach and coordinator than Durkin. Just another reason Muschamp's tenure has been such a mess; probably the only good hire made by Muschmp was gone after two years because Foley, like usual, is cheap and didn't want to pay a coordinator what other programs in our own conference pay.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Drewsagator

Drewsagator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    Yes, you are right about that......however most good defenses make a stand at key times in a game. Examples would be the 1st drive of the game......AGAIN....and after our long scoring drive when KT scored and they let Vandy, yes Vandy for gods sakes, drive 88 yards with average talent and a 2 star backup QB....
  13. Minister_of_Information

Minister_of_Information I'm your huckleberry Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +970
    Sometimes you have to tip your hat. We handed them 21 points and they drove the field when they had to in order to win.
  14. tommyvee

tommyvee Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +425
    This ^^
  15. gatorich

gatorich Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +401
    This isn't the first game the defense has been thrown into these situations, it is the continuation of a 3-4 game pattern. How many times can any defense get thrown into a bad situation by the same offense and keep responding with 100% effort? We are not losing games because of the defense.
  16. SeaBud

SeaBud Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +75
    It is silly to argue about WHAT caused the Gators to lose: coaching versus players or offense versus defense. This is freaking Vandy. We beat them with NFL qb cutler, we beat them with a crappy defense in 2007, with second string qbs, and with Ron Zook as coach for 3 years.

If we lost to a loaded vandy team because of freak plays once every 20 years, ok.

It takes a complete meltdown of coaches, offense and defense to get housed by a 2 game freshman Vandy qb leading a so-so team, at home. There is enough blame to go around, but one man has the final say on all matters (hires, plays, schemes, recruiting) and is responsible for the results at the end of the day.

In other words, because of the magnitude and completeness of our failure, it cannot be pinned on any one player (injury, departure etc) or coach (Pease) - when Florida loses to Vandy, the whole team has to be a shambles.
  17. tommyvee

Ratings Received:
    +425
    Agreed 100%. Winning TOP is no good if we turn the ball over four times in our own territory. The defense hasn't been perfect, but they have played well enough for us to win.
  18. ufhomerj31

ufhomerj31 Member

Ratings Received:
    +79
    Last year i don't remember our D being so loose in the first half of every game. This year in every game the 1st quarter D has been terrible. to me that points to lack of preparation.

Also I blame one of the INT on the coaches. After a shanked punt we would have has the ball at Vandy's 49 yard line. TWO penalties later the ball is at OUR 15. I play or to later it is intercepted. The summary of our season. Lack of displine and attention to detail.
  19. tommyvee

Ratings Received:
    +425
    Our D was a lot more experienced last year. Tackling and playing their assignments/gaps were on a whole different level in 2012. There's also a lack of leadership.
  20. Drewsagator

Drewsagator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    As I said, the defense is the least of our worries.....and yes they were in a bad situation created by the offense.

By the way I missed the coin toss....did we win it ??? If so and we deferred, which I like, we put our defense on the field 1st again.....just curious, how has that worked out for us in the last 4 or 5 weeks.....maybe we should try some thing different....Who knows maybe if our offense goes out there and gets a long drive or we return it for a TD, the rest of the game takes a different tone.......BUT NO, our coaches do the same thing over and over and over.......