Dalvin Cook says our Gators don't have the athletes Duke has...

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by GatorStang, Jan 3, 2014.

1. sgtfury

sgtfury Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +86
    Again, which OL would you choose to run behind? Do we even have a O-line Coach?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. rtgator

rtgator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +570
    You've missed the reason for our animosity. It's not just that he flipped. That could be understood, given our offensive problems.

But, he admits that he changed his mind two months ago. Yet, he continued to fake being a Gator commit, doing the Gator chomp right until he flipped to FSU this week. The only reason to do that is to rub our noses in it.

That's what makes him a dirt-bag to many Gator fans.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. GatorCrazy11

GatorCrazy11 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +82
    Exactly. Not sure how this is being misconstrued.
  4. traubgator

traubgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +68
    you can't knock a kid for choosing the noles over the gators right now. programs are currently on different paths regardless of history.
  5. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    Agreed. Just let it be. Hes an 18 year old kid. I don't like what he did either but no need for the name-calling.
  6. rogocop

rogocop Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +210
    He made the right choice for him by choosing FSU. I didn't like the fact he strung it along, but the recruiting process has created this problem. That being said, I think he will have a serious case of "Foot in Mouth" disease during his tenure at FSU.....stay tuned on this one, it should be fun to watch....
  7. GatorCrazy11

GatorCrazy11 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +82
    No, but I feel perfectly fine knocking a kid who was a complete a-hole about it.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +623
    The kid is 18, and probably not much of a student of the game. He sees our putrid offense struggle against directional schools, and then sees Duke light it up against and SEC school. I can see how that might look to the untrained eye like they are just flat out better than we are.
  9. swampspring

swampspring Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +505
    I dont think anyone is knocking him for making his choices. It's the fact that he knew this months ago, deliberately withheld this information for some unknown reason and then mocks our program in the process, and as a result, our coaches devoted energy to him during this time that could easily have been spent on another player. So ya, he is deserving of our ire. People keep saying he's 18, as if that is some excuse. 18 is a grown man. When you have schools spending money to cater to you and show you a great time with the opportunity to receive a full ride at a great university, you don't act like a dbag, even if you aren't interested in going there.

If a Gator recruit did that, I would be embarrassed for him as well.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  10. rpmGator

rpmGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +673
    The past is not the future so thinking our bad year is all we have been or ever will isn't so.
    New recruits won't be playing last season over for us.
    We don't even know who the new O line coach is so a bit early to predict failure.
  11. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,028

The lack of character is the same, whether lying in the recruiting process "for fun" or self-aggrandizement, or lying - or at least, participating in the subornation of perjury - in a criminal investigation.
  12. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +623
    My comment about him being 18 had more to do with his lack of historical knowledge about the talent level of the programs. But yeah, I agree the way he conducted himself is embarrassing.
  13. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +732
    Doesn't sound like the brightest tool in the shed and would rather have Jones.
  14. swampspring

swampspring Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +505
    That was more of a general comment about recruits and 18-year-olds, not really against you or anything hah.
  15. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,530
    I think character is something that develops over time(hopefully). We can't knock a 17 year old too much for not doing this recruiting process at the highest level. It would be nice but it's not realistic. My hope for Cook is that he progresses as an individual enough to look back on his process and feel he could "manned up" more with higher ethics and vision.
  16. DeBigLeezard

DeBigLeezard Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +380
    It has been my observation that over the last 47 years of watching Gator and SEC football that these type of players who want to play the head games, like Cook... usually wind up not doing much in college.
    Once agin, there are, for sure, exceptions to the above but for the most part... those who play the head games... or the ones who are head cases.

Prime example is Marcus Stroud, who pulled his trolling crap on the cover of SI. Yea, he went on to start at Georgia after his second year... then he got drafted into the NFL.
    But... during his career with the Poodles... he never won but one game against us.

We need to remember that these prima donnas, in most cases... simply do not pan out as expected.
    Florida has had its own share with not enough room to list them all.

Another prime example is the glorious Sammie Smith of FSU.... and gun toting Julian Pittman.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Pittman

Just some addtional, "food for thought" to go with your popcorn as you stroll through the circus grounds up in Leon County.
  17. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,028
    Sure, I am always positive in hopes and aspirations for others, and in spite of what I see now, I indeed hope the kid wakes up eventually and gets over himself. But it won't happen without some insight, which right now, his is on the - Zero scale.

What I would like to see immediately, however, is some sort of refinement to the recruiting process (yes, by Big Brother, NCAA, or the ESPN prostitute network), that regulates the "flipping hustle" and prevents it - or at least, calls it out and discourages it - to some degree. I have some rudimentary ideas, but haven't figured out just how they could be implemented.

One thing I have noticed about all of this, is that I am hearing that the kid is getting some disrespect from within the athletic community (not just Gators), and from ESPN, about the antics. That is indeed, a good thing, and may be the beginning of a movement to get it under some sort of control.

Yes, it is an aspiration.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. DieAGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,530
    Hmm, that's very interesting.
  19. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +960
    I haven't seen any of that myself, but look forward to reading it.

It's time for the athletic community, broadcasters and writers to start attacking this low class behavior instead of celebrating it.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. DieAGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,530
    I agree, they jinx themselves. Maybe there's something to be said for karma.