Dalvin Cook says our Gators don't have the athletes Duke has...

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by GatorStang, Jan 3, 2014.

1. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,923
    All I want to know is how this kid was ever considered an EE? I've heard him talk a few times and lets just say High school grad doesn't really fit the profile.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. mfpardnor2

mfpardnor2 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,482
    can't wait for Gerald Willis and Khairi Clark to make his acquaintance....
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. RemainCalm

RemainCalm Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +905
    Poor record aside. Outside of Dunbar and Patton (who had a new coach on staff) where has there been any player growth and development on the offensive side of the ball? We see development of players on the defensive side, but not on the offensive side. That may have has a lot to do with the flip as well. IMO he knew he couldn't get in school at UF and flipped.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. masterswordmaster

masterswordmaster Member

Ratings Received:
    +38
    Dalvin can suck it. With as much as he runs his mouth he belongs at FSU.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. moegator

moegator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +101
    Not sure what to think about this kids comments. He seems to have to continue to convince himself that he made the right decision by bad mouthing/playing UF. This will certainly come back to haunt him in some form or fashion.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. UFLAW81

UFLAW81 All Glory to Zarathustra VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,745
    I tend to give these kids a lot of room.
    Cook is about to hit his limit.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,320
    First, this kid showed a lot of immaturity by playing games, posing as going to uf when in fact he said he knew for awhile he was going to sow. It seems he relished the attention but lets be real, he's not the first kid nor the last who will do this. It's a shame many of these kids have a very poor upbringing and poor role models. I think for some kids this is how you play the game. So it's sad but still not excusable.

Until signing day the kid has a right to go where he wants. He is no different than what a lot of us feel about our O. 3 years of horrid offense. This entire year, we couldn't block, barely could pass, often pass for a few yards or no gain, simply put we were a mess and we all know it. Compared to sow's offense, we look like pee wee football. So, I can see where he would feel that we haven't enough play makers and that even if he were to come, there's still not enough. Heck, watching us play gs I'm kind of surprised anyone wants to come. Sure, we will have a new OC (our 3rd) but we still have the same hc. Until we show improvement in this offense we can expect a cool reception.

Now I'm convinced with the right coaching, and if (wm leaves his hands off the OC) I believe our O will produce with the talent we have, at least enough that the current perception will be diminished. But lets not hate on kids who are getting pulled here and there.
  8. capnpen

capnpen Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +429
    Here's what I really love. If Dalvin Cook sticks with his commitment, Gator fans will cheer the kid and show up in the spring to welcome him as a member of the Gator family. But when he flips to FSU and expresses an opinion (however wrong it may be) about the quality of our athletes, our fans turn instantly on the kid and question everything from his character to his intellect. I may be all over Muschamp as a defective coach, but I never attack the kids, even when they're confused recruits. Real classy, Gators.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Jaggator

Jaggator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,205
    Locker-room bulletin board for the FSU game the next couple years...

"I don’t think Florida has the athletes like Duke got. That’s all I can say.”
    signed, Dalvin Cook
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. moegator

moegator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +101
    UUUuuuummmmm. He did flip to f$u.
  11. swampbabe

swampbabe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +697
    S
    So, you think that he handled the whole situation appropriately? I don't care that he's going to FSU, his life, his choice. If he didn't want to come and knew that two months ago, he should have said so. It really is that simple. I think that you are a bit confused on who is "classless" in this situation.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. masterswordmaster

masterswordmaster Member

Ratings Received:
    +38
    At what point do you start holding him accountable for the things he's said and done? It wasn't Muschamp's fault Cook said he was committed to Florida then changed his mind. It wasn't his parents' fault that he's still making inflammatory public statements against UF. So whose fault is it for these silly actions? It's his, and he should be called out for them.

If he had stayed committed to Florida, then we probably would never have learned about these character flaws, but now that they're out in the open, people don't want him around and say good riddance. It's tough to tell when they come in because you don't know what a person is really like from the little you can glean from the media, but I wouldn't really want kids like these representing the University of Florida.

Btw, I think Dalvin Cook is an excellent troll and I'm not really sure what vendetta he has against UF now, but I can't wait for it to go away.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. UFLAW81

UFLAW81 All Glory to Zarathustra VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,745
    Dalvin Cook seems awfully angry to me.
    As if he is the jilted bride.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. capnpen

capnpen Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +429
    I have no problem with people who think he's too mouthy and decide that we're better off without him. But the comments I'm reading saying, "He probably wouldn't have gotten in school anyway," or "I can't believe he's smart enough to graduate early," are way beyond the pale.
  15. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,906
    In Cook's case... he's seriously stupid.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Blackblack

Blackblack Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +187
    The ole 'afraid of competition' retort.

You do realize after Freeman, Wilder, and Williams, FSU has Ryan Green (rivals100 RB) and a now qualified Mario Pender (rivals100RB)? Pender is going to be a junior and Green will be a sophomore next year.
  17. bullish

bullish Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +298
    I have always said, one RB will not make or break this team. We need linemen,TE,s,WR., and we have enough to take it to the bank if boom doesn't get In the way. If he does, he is toast!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. bayou_gator

bayou_gator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +370
    3rd and goal false starts inside the 5, offense blocking each other, whiffs, double-teaming air, ignoring telegraphed blitzes, lining up wrong, etc., etc., etc.
    Not a RB s dream or very Duke-like.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. swampspring

swampspring Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +573
    Meh, it's an 18-year-old kid who obviously thinks entirely too highly of himself, and that is partly because of the culture (i.e. sports, recruiting, etc.) around him. He thinks he's being cool with his comments, but he's no different from that highly rated kid a few years ago that Lane Kiffin recruited from South Florida that flipped on the Gators...forgot his name. He also said a lot of crap about UF...where is he now?
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. dakcman

dakcman Member

Ratings Received:
    +11
    I realize commitments aren't binding and the kid changed his mind, fine. But why do kids who change their mind about Florida seem to publicly bash the program (see Mike Davis last year)?

Is this commonplace or is it happening more with former-Florida commits?
    • Informative Informative x 1