Crossfit competitor severs spine ...

Discussion in 'Gator Country Health and Fitness' started by Dreamliner, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +818
  2. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +351
    Honestly, the video isn't that graphic in itself. Knowing what happened to him makes it sad for sure but it doesn't look terrible. It's almost shocking that his injury was so bad on that failed attempt. I personally would never do Crossfit but don't think one gruesome injury is an indictment on the entire community. Just as when an Oly or Powerlifter suffers some serious injury it doesn't mean the entire sport is bad. Brandon Lily just shredded both of his knees under a 744 lb. squat and has a long road to recovery ahead of him.

If anything should be questioned in this circumstance it is these unsanctioned Crossfit events. Crossfit has grown way too fast and there is too little oversight amongst coaches, boxes and competitions.
  3. Dreamliner

Ratings Received:
    +818
    I thought it was ghastly myself (knowing the gravity of the injury).
  4. lwg8tr

lwg8tr Member

Ratings Received:
    +36
    I sure that meathead site just loved reporting on the poor CrossFit guy. Are there still guys doing bodybuilding? Hasn't the 50 something life span, blown out joints, dying liver, sex drive and adrenal function thrown this form of idiocy on the ash heap of history. Besides meatheads, outside of Staten Island and Seaside New Jersey, women hate that look.

I think CrossFit with the proper rest, nutrition and frequency is a good way to maintain fitness but like everything its starting to become a place where hipster women and men with eating disorders go to work themselves to death. I'll stick with BJJ, its functional, it gives you a great level fitness and flexibility and any of the guys want off that meathead site want to get stupid out in the real world in about 20 seconds I can have them on the ground needing a breathing tube and chest compressions. I just love it when meatheads start BJJ, all that gasping for breath, the wretching and vomiting up their 5 chicken breasts and $38 protein powder.

"Extreme muscle hypertrophy... the new retarded"
  5. Dreamliner

Ratings Received:
    +818
    "I don't play sports, but I'm the best around at exercising."

-- Crossfitter --