Craig James sues FoxSports for firing him

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by leogator, Sep 28, 2013.

1. AustinGator1

AustinGator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +238
    Your not heating up anything old. You are just going off topic as usual. It matters not to me what James calls himself in reference to political party. The subject of the thread is how big a tool he is.

It really is sad that some people's purpose in life seems to be trying to keep poliltical score as opposed to being capable of a discussion of the topic at hand.

I am very confident if James was not fired for making 'anti-gay comments' you would be the first person on this website to claim he wasn't fired because it was Fox that he was working for.
  2. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    nice try....topic is about whether or not Craig James is whether or not Craig James was a victim of religious persecution. Or whether or not an employer has the right to terminate an employee for conduct that does not reflect the position of the employer. Or if Craig James anti-gay stance being a part of his religion protection against being fired for anti-gay comments.

My bringing up Craig James political platform is certainly a part of this discussion in that his political platform was decidedly anti-gay as well as his linking his religion to his being anti-gay.

Thing is, he gravitated to the GOP(the ultra con end segment of the GOP) based on his stated beliefs on a number of issues. In addition, not even Texas Republicans were supportive enough of him as a person, candidate, etc to get a decent percent of vote in primary. His anti-gay stance probably didn't lead to his losing in GOP primary. What likely cost him votes is the same sort of thing seen in him today in the complaint against Fox. Poor character, attempting to use religion as a tool for his hate(and that he found a religion that matches him). That he sees his religion as a license to attack others. Fox Sports if not mistaken is owned by some fairly conservative folk. And not even they wanted to co-sign his crap. Media corporations have the right to terminate commentators if the commentator is acting contrary to the media companies interests.

I suggest that Craig James hook up with Rush. The two seem to have same stance on issues, similar degree of character(low or high depending on your own political bias), etc.
  3. gatorpa

gatorpa Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +308
    You pretty much got the incident right as I remember it anyway.

Thought it was funny as hell because he was at SMU in it's "payday".
  4. gatorpa

Ratings Received:
    +308
    Agree equal protection unless you don't like what's being protected.
  5. gatorpa

Ratings Received:
    +308
    This describes most of the world's organized religions old.
  6. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +527
    Yep. I am waiting for a lib to acknowledge this. Remove the fact that many dislike James (myself included) based on his media personality or whatever prejudice one may have for him personally.
  7. gatorpa

Ratings Received:
    +308
    Not gonna happen.

BTW I think he's a pompus ass too. But not relevant if his "freedoms" were violated, flip side employers should have more control over who they employ.
  8. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +527
    Completely agree.

I actually have no issue with the employer firing him for whatever reason they wish. That said...if you are going to get on your high horse trying to say employers discriminate then you better be ready to defend James whether it is over an issue you disagree with and/or you just don't like him.
  9. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,346

So when the next AA kills someone with a gun then we can label him liberal and blame every liberal in our country for him too?

Wow that's acting mature.