Craig James sues FoxSports for firing him

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by leogator, Sep 28, 2013.

1. leogator

leogator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +158
    College football analyst Craig James, who was fired by Fox Sports Southwest after just one week on the job, said he was let go because of his religious beliefs.
    Fox cited anti-gay comments James made as the reason for terminating him when the network announced the firing. He made just one appearance on the network in late August before getting fired.
    James said the comments were expressions of his religious beliefs, and reasoned that Fox has a ban on religious people working at the network. He has hired an attorney.
    "I was shocked that my personal religious beliefs were not only the reason for Fox Sports firing me but I was completely floored when I read stories quoting Fox Sports representatives essentially saying that people of faith are banned from working at Fox Sports," James told Breitbart.com. "That is not right and surely someone made a terrible mistake."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/james-...215--ncaaf.html;_ylt=A2KJ3CQ5V0dSZgQAVBxNbK5_

What say you religious cons?
  2. wygator

wygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +955
    A blanket policy of avoiding the hire of religious people is clearly illegal and immoral.

Firing a tool like Craig James...not so much.

You have to do something extra special to get fired in a week.
  3. leogator

Ratings Received:
    +158
    Didn't he cause Mike Leach to be fired? Once a whiner always a whiner.
  4. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +700
    For any EDSBS fans out there.....Remember the five
  5. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    please don't insult tools by referring to Craig James as one
  6. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +568
    Well...supposedly Leach had James' son put in a closet after he received a concussion in practice. If true, then pops making a big deal about that doesn't seem out of order. Leach claimed he didn't directly order it, saying he told trainers to get James "out of the light."

However, the son testified under oath that he found the closet incident "funny", seeming to indicate it wasn't much of an ordeal. Leach also called James lazy and entitled.

In addition, Texas Tech fired Leach one day before he was due a massive payout, citing Leach's refusal to write a letter of apology for this incident and "other" incidents uncovered during the investigation, which as far as I know were never disclosed.

So there was all sorts of wackiness going on, and I don't doubt that Leach had James put in a closet. I also don't doubt that it was more insulting and degrading than tortuous, and that Texas Tech used the chaos to get out of a hefty payday they were committed to.

Leach filed all sorts of suits including one against Craig James. All of them have been dismissed except for one pending against TT for a breach of contract violation.

Craig James' agitating certainly didn't help Leach, but I see it as his own actions and the opportunity to save a bunch of dough as being the main culprits in his dismissal. FWIW.
  7. leogator

Ratings Received:
    +158
    ESPN does not want him back either :). I guess he must have burned a few bridges there as well.
  8. northgagator

northgagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +120
    I don 'to recall the exact details but a few years ago in ESPN James told a ridiculous story that was very odd and embarrassing. His on air partners at the studio were astonished and had the proverbial WRF was that on their faces. Any creditability James had was list.
  9. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +568
    There's little doubt that he's insufferable to some degree, perhaps the nth. From what I can tell he feels that since Fox (evidently) didn't learn about his public remarks before they hired him, they're obligated to retain him. The "shocking!" reveal about Fox having a blanket policy to not hire people of faith is indeed shocking, in its desperate contrivance by the James camp.
  10. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,533
    Still looking for the video, but many, many years ago when he was with ESPN, he'd made some kind of remark about bribes or something. At which point Corso quipped, "the last time YOU saw 24,000 dollars was when you were at SMU." James turned beet red-he was furious! He left just after that. I believe James was at SMU when they got the death penalty. (Older fans-help appreciated on this one) yes it was during a telecast, too :)
  11. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +634
    Sports is so political. Fat white liberal lawyers control everything these days. ESPN is a major cheerleader for Obama.
  12. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +573
    Not a james fan and think you should be able to fire someone if you want to fire them.

I have a hunch though that libs on here who would cry about equal protection and civil rights would not stand up for James in this situation...
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,624
    Yep and yep.
  14. Tasselhoff

Tasselhoff Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +307
    James was at smu...and there is no way anyone will ever convince me he did nt take money. He is a lyi g cheating dog sucking waste of skin.
  15. wygator

wygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +955
    I'm pretty sure James graduated before the death penalty hit, but the sanctions were for bribes, etc that happened while he was there.

James was half of the famous "Pony Express" backfield with Eric Dickerson. Though certainly Dickerson was a better running back, James was an excellent college back in his own right.

As far as the treatment of his son, I saw a TV report on it where they showed the "closet". It was a large landscaping supply and storage building near the practice field. It was spacious inside. Coach allegedly wanted to put him in a cool, dark place. I'm sure coach also wanted to embarrass him. Interviews with other coaches and teammates suggested that James the younger was a prima donna and a malingerer.

Supposedly Craig James had to shop a lot of colleges to find someone to give his son a scholly.
  16. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +568
    He admitted it, sorta. He never specified what or how much. Said it was"insignificant" and insinuated it was along the lines of $20 handshakes, and essentially said he should be forgiven for being young.

So yeah, it was probably thousands.
  17. PIMking

PIMking New Member

Ratings Received:
    +894
    he probably made more money at SMU in college than for Fox Sports
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,624
    Didn't they get the death penalty?
  19. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    Didn't Craig James make a run for political office? Which party did he gravitate to? Which party did he believe his principles and values fit? Which party did he decide to align himself with in the belief that that party's voters would vote for him(they didn't which shows that even members of that party have a conscience, albeit sometimes hard to find)

BTW--anybody have what Craig James stated to be his political platform on issues?

BTW--he endorsed Santorum.

just figured I'd heat up the topic some

[​IMG]

going for the Fundamentalist vote
    [​IMG]

his apple pie/wholesome plea to conservatives for him to lead the charge against liberals
    [​IMG]
  20. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    kinda funny watching Breitbart attack Fox