Crab stealing video has been released

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by Diesel350z, May 15, 2014.

1. 92gator

92gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +800
    Very likely. With many retailers, there is a common policy/practice against prosecuting first time shoplifters, due to the burden of proof (beyond a reasonable doubt), and the time commitment vis a vis the loss (i.e.--having to arrange for employees to testify at trial, give multiple statements, possibly depos, etc. over a an item or few, less than $50). IOW, they often have a defendant on tape at least a couple of times, before forwarding the matter to the police.

That way, when they try to raise this "oops, forgot to pay" BS, or "golly gee, I didn't realize the most expensive item in my cart was conveniently on the bottom rack" stuff---they get to answer the much tougher question:

What about the other times?

...and 'beyond a reasonable doubt' suddenly becomes a much more manageable burden for both the prosecutor, and the retailer.

Just a guess here, but I'd venture that not only were they already clued in to his intentions before or upon seeing him enter the store--they were probably already rather familiar with his M.O.
  2. chemgator

chemgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +896
    I think Jimbo has a little bit of Urban Meyer disease. Once you taste some high level of success, the discipline program tends to break down. The coach sees players that might be crucial to winning the next championship, and they can't bring themselves to discipline them if it would make them unhappy. Meyer was very strong on discipline his first 2-3 years, but then fell apart towards the last 2-3 years. He let Rainey off the hook more than once, and other players as well.

Fisher's biggest problem is not that his star QB is stealing crab legs, but it is that he can't bring himself to discipline him. It has to be happening with other players in addition to Winston. Eventually, the star player moves on, and the team falls apart. At that point, it is too late for a coach to regain control of the team, and he has to be fired as soon as the record falls off enough to anger the boosters. I'm sure that was a big part of what drove Meyer crazy is that he knew he was losing control of the team, and there was nothing he could do about it.

It is a credit to Saban that he has apparently not lost control of the team in spite of all the success Bama has had.
  3. gatorich

gatorich Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +374
    When you get the kind of "perks" the Bama players get and you basically own the police department it easy to keep control of your team. :rolleyes:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. horanic

horanic Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +279
    Does anyone think Casher's video of the rape would have made a difference at this point. For god sakes it seems everyone in Tally needed that kind of irrefutable evidence to charge him. Now we get a video of him stealing and it is OBVIOUS that is what he was doing and not even a game off football. I'm thinking there is no way anyone in that town would have the guts to charge him with anything. There is always an excuse for this guy in Tally....
  5. madgator

madgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +403
    we need suggestions for a sound track to add to that video
    • Like Like x 1
  6. swampbabe

swampbabe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +424
    Mission Impossible gets my vote.
  7. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +239
    "Been Caught Stealing" - Jane's Addiction

"Been Caught Stealing"

I've been caught stealing;
    once when I was 5...
    I enjoy stealing.
    It's just as simple as that.
    Well, it's just a simple fact.
    When I want something,
    I don't want to pay for it.

I walk right through the door.
    Walk right through the door.
    Hey all right! If I get by, it's mine.
    Mine all mine!

My girl, she's one too.
    She'll go and get her a skirt.
    Stick it under her shirt.
    She grabbed a razor for me.
    And she did it just like that.
    When she wants something,
    She don't want to pay for it.

She walk right through the door.
    Hey all right! If I get by, it's mine.
    Mine all mine!

We sat around the pile.
    We sat and laughed.
    We sat and laughed and
    Waved it into the air!
    And we did it just like that.
    When we want something,
    We don't want to pay for it.

We walk right through the door.
    Hey, all right! If I get by, it's mine,
    Mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine...
  8. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +498
    I hate to chime in on this so late but I just got off the phone with this Nole who's telling me about the video and how Winston was basically being mobbed by fans and how it was easy to understand with all the people following him and talking with him, that he just walked out without thinking about it. :)

So I'm looking at that video and I didn't see him talk to a single person. You could tell a couple people recognized him as he walked past, but I don't think I saw him interact with a single person in that entire video.

Looked to me like he walked in, cut in front of people waiting in line in the seafood department and then wandered around the store for a while before casually walking out when he thought the coast was clear. He was definitely NOT distracted by a mob of fans.
  9. horanic

horanic Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +279
    Ask him about cleat chasers, face book friends, wasn't there to consensual sex, not enough evidence to charge, stealing soda, shooting out windows for $4k, who paid for those windows, title 9 violations, video taping the encounter only to make it go away, pleading the 5th and still on scholarship, SANE nurse diagnosis and the rest of the obvious stuff. When he stares back blankly at you just tell him "it must suck to have to hold high such a deceitful ingrate and university who value winning more than the law of our land". Be glad you're a Gator!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,337
    The crab had been with another crab that same evening. It must have been the rare "whore crab" . They're hard to get a hold of and when you do no one believes the crabs side of the story that he "forcefully" eat it.
  11. tafc_5_1981

tafc_5_1981 Member

Ratings Received:
    +129
    That's funny. They should be charged for entrapment too!