Could HIV hold the cure for cancer?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by 92gator, Aug 15, 2013.

1. 92gator

92gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +725
    Yes, you read that correctly--H.I.V., as in Human Immunodeficiency Virus--that same one that serves as precursor for AIDS. Sounds a bit crazy, and as a regular treatment, still seems quite a ways off--but it appears to have worked in at least one case (and they allude to others, but they weren't very clear...). Anyway...check it out:

http://www.upworthy.com/long-shot-d...irl-this-100-true-story-will-amaze-you?c=ufb1
  2. ncgatr1

ncgatr1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +305
    I have heard about this. One of my coworker's daughter has leukemia. She has one of the most aggressive forms of leukemia. He told me about this in one of our discussions. I remember him telling me about a time he took his daughter to Chapel Hill for treatment and during his stay he was taking a break outside, I guess they have a small courtyard by the treatment center. He was in this courtyard sitting on a bench and then it dawned on him. The bricks beneath his feet had names of the young children that had passed from this dreadful disease. I thought to myself, I will never have a bad day again.