Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Corruption in the SCOTUS

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Sohogator, Apr 6, 2023.

1. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    Well if he had been convicted of those charges we would not be having this discussion. But the fact of the matter is that he has not even been credibly charged with those crimes.

My concern here is not for Trump but for the mockery you libs are making of the justice system. Apparently, ALL 9 of the USSC Justices agree with me on this. That’s ALL 9 in case you missed it.

So if you want to go over to the msn circle jerk(sorry Tilly)/echo chamber/website and spew this nonsense then please do so. But here, the USSC has basically told you to sit down and shut up.

Hope you are able to get a little sleep tonight. Since this collective wet dream of the libbies is over, perhaps you could have one of your own. In the morning, please clean up and go buy some good running shoes. I don’t want you to hurt your feet stomping them on the floor and kicking walls.

• Winner x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  2. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Legend

Feb 24, 2024
    LOL. A Trump supporter is concerned about the justice system. :)

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Your odd, but unsurprising, preoccupation with sexual things continues.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2024
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  4. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    That’s quite beneath you Rade.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    It goes way deeper than Trump, the question was can a state not allow a person on the ballot for POTUS.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    There’s simply no other no other way to portray the lunacy of the liberal left than wet dreams and circle jerks. Don’t get too close to him tonight.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Legend

Feb 24, 2024
    The legal question is complex, for sure.

However, the cheering for a loathsome criminal to get a "win" and be able to run for POTUS is as pathetic as, say, cheering the exoneration of OJ Simpson.

But hey, we're in a time where a very large percentage of the electorate is gleeful to support a loathsome and un-American criminal.

Winning!!

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  8. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    So 4 agreed but disagreed?

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. GatorJMDZ

Apr 3, 2007
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Well until Trump is convicted of something that prevents him from running I guess you’ll just have to hope he loses.

Personally I wish neither of the front runners were running. must be the two worst candidates in modern times.

11. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Legend

Feb 24, 2024
    If he didn't have a complicit Supreme Court and FL judge, we'd probably see him convicted of something. More than the fraud he was found guilty of in NY, that is. (among other things)

Strange that he's so innocent but opposed to proving it in a trial.

Oh, and only one of the candidates running is a traitorous, un-American criminal. You must have really enjoyed the footage of him watching cops beaten and our Capitol desecrated for 3+ hours while doing absolutely NOTHING about it. Hard to think any American that doesn't consider themself a traitor could vote for the perpetrator of THAT.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    Very good catch, Aging. I apologize for perhaps failing to make the irony clear. I share your respect for this decision, but I still don’t believe that those that do not deserve to be labeled as deranged.

13. GatorJMDZ

Apr 3, 2007
    They all agreed Trump should remain on the ballot, 9-0.
    5 took it further and said only Congress can enforce Section 3 of the 14A against candidates for federal office. The other 4 basically said no reason to go there and we are not joining in with that part. The 3 liberals did so much more forcefully than Barrett, hence two concurring opinions.
    Another opinion:
    The Supreme Court’s “Unanimous” Trump Ballot Ruling Is Actually a 5–4 Disaster

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    He hasn't been tried by a court of law. He has done everything possible to avoid thar

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Which two should Trump not have been allowed to pick?

The argument I’ve heard is McConnell flipped the standard on the Barrett nomination. But even if that’s the case, and even if that negates any justification for one of the two picks, either Gorsuch or Barrett should nevertheless be on the Supreme Court, not neither of them.

And correct me if I’m wrong, but even if neither were on the Supreme Court, the ruling that Trump should be on the ballot would not change.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2024
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  16. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    All 9 agreed on the outcome.

But the circle jerk needs to find a reason to bitch and moan because that’s what they do best.

17. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Yes, because NOT changing the rules is what Democrats do best.:D

• Like Like x 1
  18. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Apparently, none of the nine justices consider Trump an insurrectionist. Not even the chicks. Not even the black chick.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    So all 9 agreed he should stay on the ballot.

I guess we have to pick and choose who are crooked based on some more esoteric criteria….

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    So Clarence is fine to not recuse himself since his wife worked on the insurrection , but somehow Fanni NEEDS to be removed because she had a fling ???? Would that be esoteric enough?

• Winner Winner x 1