Cook is a Gator... Official?

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by BengermanV, Dec 14, 2013.

1. trekcid

trekcid Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +260
    If we are reading Tea Leaves , When he said he is going to go change the program. I read that he is talking about
    a program that needs changing, meaning UF. Why would he make that comment about FSU. Their offense
    was one of the best in the country this year and does not need changing. Maybe it will be Gators when he finally
    puts a hat on.
  2. GreenandScaly

GreenandScaly Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +334
    Winston probably goes pro after the 2014 season, which will plunge FSU back to a 2-3 loss team again. Meanwhile the Will Grier era will be beginning. Hopefully Cook will want to be a part of it.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,244
    He could be talking about making the FSU program less rapey.
    • Funny Funny x 6
  4. g8r925

g8r925 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +416
    The one thing that bothers be about this situation is that Coach Muschamp didn't get to go to his in home visit with him. But I guess we shall see.
  5. iam4uf

iam4uf Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +489
    I hope he stays with UF. With the o-line we have coming back, plus the recruiting additions to provide depth, we could have a very strong line. QB will have good players plus depth. RB & receivers should be solid. We're missing some dynamic players - not to take anything away from players already at UF or committed to UF, but a special player could vault UF to the top no matter who the OC is.
  6. NiftyGator

NiftyGator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +143
    Look I'm a big fan of DC. He's dynamic, runs fast through holes, very decisive and seems like everything goes in slow motion for him. Yet he is indecisive as to where he's committed to. We can speculate and dissect everything that he says, but at the end of the day he's gonna make his final announcement while a Florida commit? SMH. I know the pressers and soundbites are all we as fans can use as an update... I think he's gone because (1) Given that he has decommitted before from Clemson, right?. (2) Plus his coach says he has a different leader every day. (3) Plus his buddy Yearby thinks he's a UM guy. (4) Plus he lives in Miami, which means all his buddies telling him to go to UM. (5) "100% until UA game" does it for me, actually. (6) Plus he wears an FSU jacket. He also wore gold cleats, which maybe just a coincidence? I know for me I'd never wear a UM, FSU, UGA or Bama gear unless I lost a bet. You tend to wear stuff to school that represents you. Maybe it was chilly and that's the only sweater he has cause it's Miami. We might have him now, but in all reality he isn't committed yet. I know it's a big decision, and one that he doesn't want to regret. I think his mind is made up. He just hasn't decommitted. My prediction is UM 36%, Florida 34% and FSU 30%. This can change depending on the OC and how Muschamp and T. Rob can communicate with him. However Golden and has unlimited contact with him and so does Fisher. At least he likes our staff, which is a plus. I would think if he committed with Pease, any guy off the street can make him recommit to Florida? But hey, it's not me. I can be totally wrong. I really hope I am. He can just be playing a sick joke on everyone because of all these superstars that will commit on that day, and he wants his moment too? Well, I'll be watching the AU and Army games of course, but not keeping my hopes up!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. G8torsRUL

G8torsRUL Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +406
    When asked where things stand with his pledge to UF, Cook responded, “I’m committed to Florida. I’m 100 percent until the Under Armour game.”

What bothers me about his quote is when he says “until the Under Armour game”.
  8. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,028
    Just throwing out some nervous convo but... What if hes just saying that to get some attention?

Also, can we get some type of confirmation about the UA game policy for committed guys?
  9. born2beagator

born2beagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,394
    "until" sounds to me like a poorly hidden "I'm going to shock the world" moment. Got a feeling he will be all gator'd up and pull out the fsu hat at the game.
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. g8r925

g8r925 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +416
    We may just be getting the Fowler treatment like the nolies got last yr.
  11. born2beagator

born2beagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,394
    this is my fear.
  12. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,069
    Any chance he means we have until then to get our OC in place and present the system to him?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. LimeyGator

LimeyGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,419
    This post is on the money and illustrates the problem.

I don't know the kid so I'm not referring to him personally, but the whole (top-end) recruiting system looks to me to fluff egos in a way that most 18 year old kids couldn't dream of achieving again without making it as a star in the NFL Who can blame them for clamouring for the attention in the meantime?

It's not a complicated PR situation: If you truly don't want the attention, simply avoid the interviews and make very clear that you're committed to one university only. In the world of social media, that's even more achievable than ever before.

It's more likely to be closer to the truth though, that I suspect most of these kids revel in the attention that the fans and press give to them. We annoint them as the saviour before they've even stepped on campus, which is pretty absurd when you think about it.

I have no idea where the kid will go - my gut feeling is that he's not going to arrive in Florida because the quotes attributed to him suggest he's stalling for time before the 'backlash' he'll undoubtedly receive if he switches last minute. Again though, the truth is he's entitled to play where he wants. If he bolts, we have nobody to blame but ourselves for not putting a more appealing choice in front of him!
  14. fox

fox Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,375
    Pretty clear he's committed to us but wants to make sure the OC hire is a good one. I would do the same.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. iam4uf

iam4uf Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +489
    I don't think he goes to f$u simply because I think it will be easier to win a Heisman while competing against Jameis than playing with him. f$u would have a hard time promoting both & the vote would get split.
  16. ltraz

ltraz Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +268
    1) They would only be on the same team for his true freshman season and 2) I'm not sure anyone has ever picked a team based on the heisman
  17. WyoGator

WyoGator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +150
    That's my read and have to assume the OC announcement will happen on or before UA game.
  18. red4512

red4512 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +431
    Who cares. UF is set at tailback for the next few years. This dud(e) should be thanking UF for offering him a scholar.
    UF needs Oline and LB help anyway!
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Boring Boring x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,038
    Lol...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. G8torsRUL

G8torsRUL Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +406
    That was kind of my take on it as well. I’m Gator “UNTIL” that day and then………